1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Adam Idah

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 31, 2024.

Discuss Adam Idah in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    ‘No-mark’ SPL sides? and who gives a flying * about clubs in the second tier of English football that Norwich play in. Personally I enjoy Scottish football and would far rather watch the likes of Hibs v Hearts than watch whatever drivel the English championship can serve up. I could barely tell you who plays in the * league, thats how little * are given for the English championship. Idah would be insane to turn down Celtic for Norwich.

2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He would be insane to turn down Celtic for Norwich; but let's be honest, he'd be equally insane to turn down Norwich for any other SPL club but us.

3. bigmac7288

i never really said anything about English league the other poster did I see how its hurt alot of people calling the likes of dundee and motherwell no marks :55:i dont watch english football either but we are in a * league u must know that. And everyone thats replied to my post totally ignored my last paragraph.

i never once said in my post he would stay at norwich and it would be insane to turn down Celtic also another thing a didnt say

4. Heid_the_Baw

* lurker!

5. bigmac7288

:BR1:

6. Mr Diggler

As an avid Ireland fan I was underwhelmed in the extreme when we signed Idah. He had been good at underage level but with the step up he appeared clumsy and was a poor finisher. He has however been superb for us. Rodgers has a knack of getting the best out of players who just haven't realised that potential. I would be really disappointed if we didn't sign either Idah or Miovski but if it is Idah and if it is for the reported £4.5 million then he has earned the chance to come back up and really push on at a club that will love him for scoring goals and with a manager who believes in him.

neilly1987 and BhoyFitz like this.
  7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I don’t think a single person will be ‘devastated’ if he doesn’t return mate.

8. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I have my doubts about signing him tbh. We had low expectations for him that he's far exceeded but I think he's looked a bit clumsy at times and lacking finesse with his final product. We've had issues with finishing and I'd us to sign a natural goalscorer who can make the most of the opportunties we get.

We're sitting on a wad of cash and I'd like to see us be more ambitious. It's a decent enough option to have for where we are but it's not a signing that makes you feel like we're cracking on to the next level.

9. Easydays

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy Mc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Pretty harsh to condemn a 23year old Idah as not a natural finisher. If he’s far exceeded our expectations and had the potential to become twice the player he is now at his peak…how can any Celtic fans have doubts about signing him up. Have the board really got us all worrying about a few quid here or there while they’re laughing all the way to the bank.

If French Eddy was worth signing permanently so is Idah. No debate.

Tommy25 and honda like this.
  10. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    Miovski is the one I hope we sign far better player

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Ones proven he can play for us Miovski hasn't

Tommy25, Hammy89, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Listening to SSB last night, the claim is Norwich may now be looking for over 7m.

That's a hard no from me again if that's the case.

At that price, you're expecting at our level someone to come in and replace Kyogo as a marquee signing.

Not a second option off the bench sort.

As much as I'm happy to admit I was wrong about him and he's down great. He's absolutely not a 7m+ player for us.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

13. horseshoe

If that's what they're looking for it would be a no from me, we should be able to get better for that money. Honestly I'm still a little on the fence with him in general, I think a lot of people have gone overboard after he scored the winner at the weekend, it's a massively important goal obviously not trying to downplay that, but aside from that Killie game where he ran riot his overall performances haven't really blown me away.

seamus1967 and Peej like this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’ve always been of the opinion that I would pay around £6m for Idah before I paid it for Bernardo.

Norwich aren’t going to get £7m for him. Had he went across to Italy and performed well over there, they may have gotten that sort of amount but didn’t they agree a deal with Torino or whoever it was to a buy option of £4m?

Funny isn’t it, if that is the case, they’ve nearly doubled his price because of his performances in Scotland, yet they look down their nose at our players and our league.

They’re not getting that sort of money for a player who has performed admirably in Scotland for 6 months. It’s not like he’s came here and been absolutely incredible. He’s done well but we aren’t paying £7m for him and we shouldn’t either.

seamus1967 and Peej like this.
  15. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I think by 23 you can get a fairly good idea of where a player will end up in 2-3 years time. It's just my view, but I don't think he's a natural goalscorer and I do think there's a ceiling on him.

And you're right, Eddy wasn't a natural goalscorer either. I said on here plenty that he was overhyped and got loads of flack for it. But to be fair, I don't think we did much more than break even on him in the end.

Let's be real, £7m isn't a few quid. If we're goni spend that, why not spend £10m on a player we can be excited about?

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It could be moreso that Norwich want to keep him.

SVH has been terrible for them and they missed out on the PL. Manager sacked do he'll likely want to see Idah himself.

neilly1987 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  17. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    It'll be a deal worth 7mil. Probs 4 ip front with adding and sell on

Hammy89 likes this.
  18. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Hopefully idah pushes the boat out for the move to us and the manager will take the money for him

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Whatever way they divide it up (almost all deals are structured) 7m is still too much for him.

He's a 3m player for what we expect to get and shop at for that range.
    He's done fairly well and shows promising signs, so I'll stretch to 5m after how he ended the season to Killie and the goal in the final. He's done enough for Celtic to at least make those enquiries and find our line.
    But 7m is just too much.

7m gets you a CCC or a Jota to us.

Idah is far from that level, in fact very unlikely to ever be that level.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

BigDoggyWoofWoof likes this.
  20. saltire78

I'd be fine with 7 if it was a clean break - no add-ons or sell-on clause/max 10%. But between about 5-6, with baggage, is where I'd be comfortable.