1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Scales

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Aug 27, 2021.

Discuss Liam Scales in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Big man was superb I thought. Couple of dodgy moments but overall he was excellent.

2. Dubliner1

Looking to the future this lad maybe a squad player. We need better than Scales going forward. Never looks comfortable with ball at feet and doesn't seem to get off the ground when challenging for a header. Rodgers must know he got away with it this season in Scotland but cannot and will not allow this to happen next season. Scales in the Champions League cannot happen

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I think defensively he’s absolutely fine. When the ball is at his feet, he’s beyond woeful.

He can’t and won’t be first choice next season but I have no problems with him coming in and helping out when we are going through injuries and that.

4. DonnyCelt

Shouldn't be first choice next season, but * me he has earned his place this season.

Back in August he was supposed to be a fill in for a few games. He's then gone on to play pretty much every game after. Which he earned.

He has his flaws, and like I said shouldn't be first pick next season, we should bring in another CCV type if we can. But I'm glad he's sticking around.

Well done Liam.

5. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He is really poor with ball at his feet but in some ways the system doesn't help him either. Numerous times yesterday when he gets the ball he only has one forward option and that's Maeda who's 20 - 30 yards away from him. Taylor constantly inverting does him no favours. If he had a left back out wide on the touchline 5 or 10 yards in front of him he'd be fine

BelfastBhoy74 likes this.
  6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He’s asked to do the heavy lifting because teams sit off when he has the ball, because they know he’s pish with the ball at his feet.

It’s not through our players showing when CCV has the ball but not when Scales has it. Opposition just cut off passing options with Scales on the ball because they know he’s likely to panic and give it away.

Hatate and MOR were poor yesterday aye, but this has been happening all season really. He doesn’t look like he has a clue what to do when he’s in possession. Usually takes 5 touches to play the ball when 1 will do, and by the time he releases it he’s got an opponent biting at his heels.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

4th choice, for me.

Don’t want to be relying on him if CCV or whoever is out for a few weeks.

8. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Had a great first half of the season but since then his performances have declined.
    He was caught on the ball far too often and his distribution was bad yesterday.
    I don’t understand what has happened to him in the second half of this season, third or fourth choice CB on recent form.

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s had a good season overall and has milked every inch of his ability. He was solid enough yesterday but for a couple dodgy moments in what has now become a standard performance from him.

We’ll look to improve there in the summer but he’s shown he can be relied upon when called.

10. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Seasons done, just want to also say, he's had a great season by his standards. He's stepped up when we needed him most and he's deserved the new contract.

Well done Scales.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Crilly and JC Anton like this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, well played really surprising season..

Random Review likes this.
  12. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Stepped in when we really needed him and he’s been an important part of winning a double.

He’s limited and I thought the amount of games took a toll on him by the second half of the season but he’ll have learned a lot this season, it will stand to him for the rest of his career.

All that said Rodgers’ style of football requires his centre halves to be comfortable on the ball and able to play out, he just isn’t that. We definitely need an upgrade beside CCV.

13. Sgt Neppers*

In game intelligence is woefully short. Knowing when to pass, who to pass to and Knowing when to drive on are all things he sadly lacks. If he could change this, he'd improve massively.

He does a lot of things in panic and clearly over thinks things. Can't fault attitude and effort and clearly played a lot of mins.

But....he's back up at best.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We should be striving for better with every player aye but for me he's one of fhe more obvious ones that we can hopefully upgrade.

Random Review and Liam Scales like this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Aye I want top quality GK, CB and LB in

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    When he actually gets going and moving forward with the ball hes very good but I think alot of the time it's because he's just panicked and said * this let's just run ha.. I think the midfield like yesterday has been very poor in collecting the ball from him and Vickers and they are forced into things maybe they are not comfortable doing.

Anyway I'm quite happy to have him in the squad but like most have said I want a rock solid proven partner for CCV...

He's also still a young guy, plenty of time to improve especially when ya think of where he's come from

17. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

My highlight of his yesterday was when we had rangers pinned in their own box. Ball comes to him, he smashes it straight over everyone's head, right out for a goal kick.

It's that kind of utter shiteness that confuses the opposition and leads to us winning.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I thank him for his efforts. Seems a really good lad too.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Love CCV reaction here..

But, actually reality impressed by Scales, realising there's a bit of work still to do..

Foley1888 likes this.
  20. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    I don't think he'll improve personally moving forward, really need a good all round cb to pair with ccv. I am mainly on about European football as we will be playing more games and Scales isn't the answer for me long term.