1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Palma

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Aug 28, 2023.

Discuss Luis Palma in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    I think his main problem is that he goes for the 'Hollywood' option too often.

He's got quality, and the ability to pull off some great strikes and stunning passes. But he sometimes goes for the spectacular when there's a really effective simple option available. I mean he might have a team mate in a really good position, that he can make an easy pass to, but he goes for the difficult option.

2. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He is the definitely the best corner taker. He could be a real asset, if we can sign 2-3 players to give us an aerial threat. Him and O'Riley put in some decent balls, but we just have that lack of height.

He even picked out Welsh, who missed a sitter.

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

His corners were * for a bit. But it seemed a tactic to fire them into the front post for a while so I think that contributed

4. adequate citizen Zenon Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Kuhn appeared a bit lost/out of place during the title winning celebrations.

Palma definitely looked more "at home"

Possibly just a case of different personalities.

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    10 goals , 10 assists first season . Amazing stats especially if you factor in minutes played.

Peej and mayo like this.
  6. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Does anyone reckon Brendan just doesn't fancy him as much as Kühn and Forrest?

Doesn't seem to use him as much these days, I think he's always good for a goal if you just give him minutes.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Still don't really like him much. Always get the feeling it's all about him. So many young players nowadays all about self image. Seems to always look like he's looking for a Kodak moment. I think that he likes it here but so far I don't think that he's all that.

Sgt Neppers* and Dublin Celt like this.
  8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Palma is competing with Maeda, and I'd say those 2 are our best wingers. I love Jamesy but we shouldn't be relying on him, and I don't think Kuhn is very good.

9. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I actually like Khun. He's a nifty wee player and maybe needs a run in the team. A useful squad player at least

MacEwan likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

11. henriks tongue

Palma when he's sharp is a better wide player than nearly all of our 7 or 8 wingers (sadly, not a high bar)

Hoping a good pre season gets him back in the same form as when he signed.

JC Anton likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He needs to up every aspect of his game.. if he wants to make here..

Especially work rate and decision making.

Last edited: May 27, 2024
  13. Foley1888

If he is to stay I would like to see him play off the right instead of the left for a spell.

14. TheHappyLoss

Looks a much better prospect than Kuhn and Yang. Looks confident whereas the other two don’t. Actually think his work rate was way up the last few times he’s came on.

Hammy89 and Mr Shelby like this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'd have brought him on before Kuhn at the weekend.

But it says a lot when 90% of our wingers could leave and I wouldn't really blink.

You're looking at a situation where we potentially need another 2 this summer.

JC Anton, Hammy89 and TheHappyLoss like this.
  16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I'd only sign one winger and keep Palma, Kuhn, Forrest and Maeda.

I think Forrest suits Rodgers style, he keeps the ball, runs inside, links play and passes and moves in good channels. I think he will be good again next season, Palma and Kuhn I like both, both seem technical and creative to me, Palma like a poor mans Sinclair and Kuhn like a poor mans Forrest but they could get better. Palma I think is a good goal threat, takes a good set piece, is direct and takes men on and puts balls is. Kuhn more like Forrest where he'll run at guys, turn back, pass and move, I think though Kuhn needs told to shoot and cross more - he seems to rarely do either where as Forrest shoots quite a lot and probably even attempts the final ball more. Kuhn gets into good areas all the time but he always passes the ball. Maeda runs himself into the ground, good option for the League and Europe, maybe more effective away or in big games than at home to St Johnstone though.

Yang i'd loan out. Maybe to a Dutch or Belgian team or something, a League thats quite open and where he can attack and get games might score and create goals.

I'd want someone like Samaras or that Sima the huns had, an outball big guy type for Europe or who is good in the air.

JC Anton likes this.
  17. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    had good goals and assists numbers so not sure all aspects of his game need upped. In the team to score and assist would much rather he continued doing that?

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

For the skill and eye for a pass he has, he should be much more potent in the final 3rd.. his numbers are good but always seems to go for the 'Hollywood' pass or finish. He needs to add a clinical side to his game.

19. TheHappyLoss

He does have to be more clinical, but wingers have to try things and beat a man, obviously doesn’t always come off. He at least seems confident enough to try and create rather than play a simple pass most of the time.

JC Anton likes this.
  20. murphy88

Think it’s pretty clear Rodgers doesn’t rate him highly. Sell in the summer. He would have suitors, but I just don’t think he is a Rodgers type of player, and if he isn’t, there’s no point keeping hold of him.

JC Anton likes this.