1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Onefootwonder

I am curious what will happen today. It sounds like the club are entering this well prepared and taking on the fight.

I suspect the SFA will just argue that you can't question the integrity of the officials, point out everything is subjective, and they won't touch on the wild inconsistencies seen between decisions with other clubs.

seanm likes this.
  2. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    To me, it just seems pointless really. At best, it will be upheld and at worst, increased. As far as I understand it, the fact is that he did say they were incompetent and that is against the rules.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a "rules are rules" guy. I think a certain level of incompence has to be called out regardless of the rules and the Hearts game certainly reached that threshold; but as far as I understand it, this panel is all about interpreting whether his comments contravened the rules and it can't actually question the rules themselves. So there's only one outcome here.

Someone please correct me if I've got the facts wrong.

Pogues, bhroom, seanm and 1 other person like this.
  3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I've no idea about the lawyer we are using for this.
    Wasn't too sure clubs normally would lawyer up for this.

But if we are doing this, with a high profile sports lawyer, superb.

It's what happens next that makes me wonder.

Is this all just bells and whistles from the club to appease the fans? Much like Lawwell leaving first time, we then have the son being booted out when recruitment was being questioned and the sound of protests from fans was getting louder. Is this just more do the bare minimum and keep us quiet?

Win or lose this, if we've lawyered up and are going in with all the obvious evidence of incompetence and inconsistency that we all see, then I hope we keep at it after this.
    Demand actual change and reform.

No point doing all this, to get beat (or win) then just let it go back to the usual from the sfa

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

seanm and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Yet we've got videos of goldson kicking a player sqaure in the head to score a goal. Nothing.

You've got goldson handballing around 10 times now and with his hands above his actual head saving a goal bound shot. Nothing.

All with the same man on var. Cheats.

Blochairnbhoy, seanm, Twisty and 3 others like this.
  5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think that's the stance the sfa are gonna take for sure.

Our take may be to actually highlight that what he said was actually true and lay out some evidence of it.
    Then question why the rules are designed in such a way to punish someone from telling the truth? Is their rule then able to stand in the face of it being true - then if they say it does, what does that then say about the refs themselves and the organisation hiring them and their abilities to improve the situation etc etc.

I'm naive enough to hope that's the sort of route we will go down to try and back them in to a corner to admit they are incompetent and biased even, but I'm honestly not sure the people upstairs in our club actually care enough

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

seanm, Wee Baldy and Random Review like this.
  6. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    What’s the chances of him getting a long enough ban to miss both newco games? Obviously depending on when after the split we’ll get the zombie *

seanm likes this.
  7. DonnyCelt

Can't see anything other than the SFA shafting us as usually.

seanm likes this.
  8. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Will be interesting to see how we conduct ourselves here, anyone know what time we can expect any news?

9. DonnyCelt

My guess will be 5 o'clock this afternoon

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  10. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    This could either be a watershed moment or just another case of our board willing to take another boot in the balls from the corrupt body that runs football in this country. Hopefully someone from our club has finally said enough is enough and go for the * throats

Twisty likes this.
  11. john2061

This is where the Celtic board show them these inconsistencies or the person representing Rogers and say can you blame him for speaking out as Goldson playing volleyball in the penalty box nothing is given but a ball that comes behind a Celtic player and hits him it's a penalty.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Even the comments. Gerrard called the refs cheats. Nothing. Still waiting.

john2061 likes this.
  13. Onefootwonder

This is the thing that annoys me most. Gerrard in his very first game in charge of Rangers started with the cheated nonsense. He continued to undermine the and question the integrity of officials and nobody said anything as it was Steven Gerrard.

How Rangers behaved after the Johnston handball incident was significantly worse than what Rodgers said. They continued to publicly challenge the integrity of the officials fully aware that it was never a penalty.

After a hearing with the SFA Rangers released a pack of lies that the SFA had to correct and warn that their conduct potentially causes violence towards officials.

The dossier nonsense a couple of years back. Very strong public statements about the content of their dossier and attacking the honesty and integrity of the entire SFA.

Yet there is never any action taken. Rodgers questions the competence of the VAR official for two decisions that should never have been given by VAR, and this is the worst things a manager has ever gone.

The double standards are incredible.

14. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Brendan steps up and goes full Jack Nicholson on the SFA. You want the truth?.. YOU WANT THE TRUTH?....You can't handle the truth!

15. celtic20

This should've led to the huns suffering a points deduction and an absolutely mouth-watering fine. That saga was outrageous.

16. Onefootwonder

I don't think a fine and points deduction would have been enough. It was that serious.

The worst part after their public statements about the content and quality of their dossier they had nothing. If they had any evidence of serious wrongdoing they could be some justification in their behaviour, but they had nothing.

They just threw as much mud as possible and crawled back under their rock when it went * up.

Dannybhoy81 and Peej like this.
  17. seanm

And us taking it like every season before a ball is kicked .playing in a rigged league every season. If you lie with dogs you get fleas. Deserve all we get. Complicit in a totally biased league. Hand in our 2 year notice to leave the spfl and leave the * to it.sack the board back the team .HH

DonnyCelt likes this.
  18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Just rock up with video evidence of all the hun managers saying much worse with no official reprimand.
    Enough done.

Time to take these * to task for their INCOMPETENCE

19. Martybhoy53

1 match ban. He will be in the dugout at the Citadel of hate.

honda likes this.
  20. Darksel Gold Member Gold Member

bhroom likes this.