1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kwon Hyeok-Kyu / 권혁규

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jul 16, 2023.

Discuss Kwon Hyeok-Kyu / 권혁규 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    100%

If these guys are gonna take 6-18 months to settle. Why waste them here and bloat the squad.

Sign them by all means, but have a plan to loan them to fellow teams who can't otherwise afford them.

Guess what happens if we do this often? We get players back ready to go, other teams have the luxury of better players, they develop better for having "less" pressure, but more game time.

These clubs may end up doing better in Europe, boosting their revenue and the coefficients. Win win for all.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Minderbinder and Guchi Gucci like this.
  2. Guchi Gucci Gold Member Gold Member

And if they arent good enough but decent, we get our money (or some of it back) after having someone else pay their salary.

Peej likes this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Something noticeable there is that he looks quite two footed?

King Kwon likes this.
  4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye looks comfortable on either, looks very confident as well in those clips. Great to see him coming on so well during his loan.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  5. celtic warrior

It is mental isn't it though.

Like maybe pool of examples isn't that big, but the success we've had from loaning players to clubs domestically should speak volumes.

Ajer and Christie were two great examples , Scales potentially another.

Ralston is perhaps a dubious one because whilst he was so epically unimpressive during his loans... he came back and had an unreal season during a period of time that on paper should have been one of hardest seasons with Ange just in the door.

What is interesting though is maybe all those players have something in common in terms of mentality, some clearly don't have the same level of technical ability but perhaps they have a mindset that wants to improve and fight so those loans help develop that and they come back and it ends up with them seeing an extended run in our 11.

Kwon might be another example of this, but when you look at the players we have, there is so many that could do with a loan to rival clubs to see of our league is one they can grow in.

And as been said, even if they show they aren't good enough but show up decent enough for the other club... we probably still make a little money on top.

The_Bhoy and NomDePlum like this.
  6. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah he's very comfortable with both feet. Helps him move the ball quickly because he doesn't have to constantly keep shifting it on to his stronger foot.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  7. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Not starting again today, hopefully gets 30 off the bench

King Kwon likes this.
  8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Turnbull dislikes this post..

Wllm and neilly1987 like this.
  9. celtic warrior

Is there a reason that seems like Kwon is getting less and less game time?

He seemed to be showing up for them but from a distance and not knowing much of what is going it seems like he's getting benched more?

10. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

O'Hara is back fit and seems to be first name on the team sheet when fit for Robinson. Baccus was also benched who would normally be considered one of their best players. I think there'll be a lot of pressure from the fans on Robinson to start him now though as the last few results and performances have been poor.

The_Bhoy, NomDePlum and Crilly like this.
  11. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Subed at HT v Hearts..

Not sure if tactical or injury.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Wonder if he'll start v The Huns, was subbed at HT last game, not sure if tactical..

13. Foley1888

After a promising start he seems to have fallen out of the team at St Mirren as guys like Baccas and O’Hara have become available again.

If I am being honest where he looked decent for St Mirren, I wouldn’t say he ever looked that good that would make you think we need to have him involved with us next season.

Put it this way if he was St Mirren’s player I wouldn’t want to sign him.

14. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Think he needs another 6-12 months out on loan. Now whether that is at St mirren or somewhere else, doesn't matter. He won't make an impact here next season but has some potential.

BigWilly likes this.
  15. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Instead of wasting money on the likes of him, Yang, Tillio etc we would be better off starting to buy the best youth products in Scotland then loan them out for a season or two to get them ready for first team football. Would much rather see us do that.

16. celtic warrior

Watch him come back and get tried at CB.

BigWilly likes this.
  17. mayo

Hopefully the South Korean project is over

18. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

I know I'm basically the resident Kwon fanboy :giggle1: but I do disagree on that. I think he's looked a class above more often than not for St Mirren, their own TV commentators have said as much too. I also don't think he's necessarily ready to come in and compete for a place here yet but I'd like to see him get another loan at somewhere like Abderdeen if they can get their * together, where he'd be playing with a bit more quality alongside him.

BigWilly and NomDePlum like this.
  19. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I'd add that I think O'Hara is a decent player and I believe the club captain. So him coming back in isn't that surprising.

Obviously better if Kwon had kept getting started but hopefully he still gets more minutes this season.

20. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He was apparently honking v hearts and was taken off at half time.

Ohara is back fit and Baccus was used somewhat sparingly off the back of Asain cup but is one of their best players so no suprise to see him back in again.

It's also coming to end of his loan and we've done similar in the past where we have stopped playing loan players at this stage and focused on players that will be involved next season.

Another year on loan in spfl maybe worth a shot but highly doubt he'll ever make it here.