1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Yang Hyun Jun

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Idioteque, Jul 14, 2023.

Discuss Yang Hyun Jun in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Owen Beck looked really good last time we played them but Yang roasted him tonight.

Theres definitely something there with him, deserves run in the team. Sunday will be a big test for him tho

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
    NomDePlum and honda like this.
  2. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Really enjoyed watching him up close tonight.
    I do still think we need to get the ball out wide with fewer passes.

3. Champions67

Excellent performance from him. Easy to forget he's only 21 and has moved across the world to play for us. Only natural he'll take time to settle in both on and off the field. He has bags of potential and has looked great the last 2 games.

Ryanm1984, The_Bhoy, bhroom and 2 others like this.
  4. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely worked his * off off the ball too. He'll need time to put it all together and can get a bit over-excited on the ball at times, but his desire to always bring it or pass it forward, insanely quick feet, desire to take on a man and his work ethic are gonna keep fans on side until it happens as long as he keeps playing like that.

bhroom, TheHappyLoss and Champions67 like this.
  5. themouth1888

Said many times already I like him and there's a player in him. He's getting better all the time I just can't see him getting goals at the moment.

With the likes of Abada and even Forest if they were poor there was always a chance they would sneak a wee goal but not seeing this with Yang yet. Early days though but he's improving.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song

7. John Bhoy79 Stop the world I want to get off!

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Time will tell for Yang but at least he's heading in the right direction now. Fingers crossed.

8. jambo_cfc

Think becks quick and up against maeda he knows maedas going on the outside and is going to use his pace which in a short burst he matches him , with Yang he goes inside and outside which full backs hate especially with pace.

if anything it maybe highlights beck might not be for us if we want to improve

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  9. Mr Diggler

Yang played very well last night. It was the same type of performance as against Aberdeen earlier in the season. Question is- is this another flash in the pan? Rodgers must be seeing something in training to give him the chance so fair play to him for taking the bull by the horns. He is very direct which you need. Overall though still not anywhere near convinced with him.

10. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Wingers and 21 year olds tend to be quite inconsistent so will no doubt will have another dip but he's looked far more confident since coming back from Asian cup so hopefully he can kick on between now and end of the season

11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As do young left backs

12. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    If he keeps this form going he will shred either hun left back at the * pit. Will ruin one of their careers

muaythai postie likes this.
  13. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He was very good. My only complaint was, I thought he was one on one a few times withthe full back, and played the ball backwards.
    Must start though, as he's earned it.

PaulM1888 and PaddyJamieson like this.
  14. PaddyJamieson

Agreed, I wonder if that was instructions. I'd love to see him attacking his full back every time, because he has the quality.

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    I was thinking the same thing...got to be mentally tough at their dump and if he's up for it any one of those 2 will get their * held to them.

16. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

I don't mind that the odd time, mixes it up and keeps the fullback guessing, plus AJ was playing great first time crosses off some of those pass backs.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Anytime there was more than one man attacking the box and he got himself space to get the ball in he fired it in, in good areas, more so than we’ve seen so far. He passed it back to AJ when there wasn’t that in the box, and by that point it’d held up for AJ to cross it because we were attacking the box.

It was so different from rest of the season passing it back, to recycle possession, it was purposeful and kept Beck and the midfielder infront of Beck on edge not knowing if he was doing an early ball, taking a man on, or making space for AJ who was on fire as well.

But it was all dependent on guys attacking the box and making early balls when guys were doing it.

All season we’ve had one guy in the box, with O’Riley joining in with a late run time to time. 2nd half motherwell and Dundee game, we had 3 guys attacking the box as much as possible. Front post, middle and back post. And it was different players attacking those spots, Taylors goal he done because McGregor was further back.

Exactly the way we should be doing * man. No aimless balls to nobody, and when we pass it back, its to get a start on the guys moving forward.

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Can I ask you a question about Yang, about how impressed you’ve been with the way he’s taken his opportunity?

It’s consistency now. I think what was really good about him was after the game I said he played against Owen Beck earlier on in the season and Owen played him really well, meaning he didn’t have so much joy. I think you can see his progression over six/seven months and his development. Of course, some hit the ground running and others take time, especially at a big club like this here. He showed up really well the other night and was really strong. Good in the one-v-ones and linked up with the full-back well and the midfielder on his side, and ran himself into the ground in the pressing aspect. Really pleased for him, a talented young player, but for all young players it’s about consistency and now it’s onto the next game

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So naive to put his boot up so high like that, showing all his inexperience. Anyone saying it wasn’t a red - if you put your foot so high up that you’re catching an opponent in the face then you’re getting sent off, simple as that.

bhroom likes this.
  20. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Never a red.

To call that red it needs to be seen as serious foul play and endagerting an opponent, the guys swining his leg straight up and was ran into.Nobody would ever get more than a wee tap or a scratch off that type of movement

This wasn't a red...
    [​IMG]

And he lunged in and planted the studs forward into a guys head lol

[​IMG]

LloydsGamble likes this.