1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Watched presser and I actually feel sorry for the *

Rydo1888*, Darksel and Dannybhoy81 like this.
  2. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Agreed, I believe what he says though, I desperately want to belive this season we have enough to win it and
    we will reinforce strongly in the summer. I can't give up hope, regardlesss of the board, if we gave up hope in 1994 where would we be, the fans, manager, team need to stick it out and deal with the board at season end (hopefully with a title)

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. ddub11

Didnt watch the presser and maybe im wrong but seems to me a lot of people are talking how things might improve in the summer in transfare window?

If this window didnt teach people a thing or two about how we operate nothing will.

4. oh bhoy

that was some bit of squirming from rodgers ,he shouldnt have to try and defend that shitshow ,talking up the norwich reserve striker to take the focus off the lawwells was pathetic ,at least he didnt come from the korean 2nd division i suppose .there is no excuse for not improving the first team again , none .there is * all brave about signing a better player its what them fuckwits get paid a fortune of money to do

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  5. Smithy

He says didn’t want to bring in players for the sake of it and that it needs to be players who are here mid to long term. Well how do you explain the Idah loan with no option to buy!? Baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murphy88 and oh bhoy like this.
  6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I’m beginning to believe that part of the thinking in bringing him back (apart from DD’s liking for him) was to have someone that a large section of the fan base already disliked, so that the Lawwells could shaft the fans on transfer business and use him as a human shield when the backlash came.

Because as @murphy88 said somewhere above, there’s no way that another manager would be getting it as tight as some are giving Rodgers, even with the style of play taken into account.

7. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Do you ever sit back and read the * you've written and realise just how * pathetically ridiculous you sound?

The Lawwells brought Rodgers back so they could shaft the fans with transfers and blame him so they could get away with it.

* me. Some * want to really think before they speak. Absolute embarrassment.

8. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan Rodgers was somewhat confused to read this week that he had jetted off to Switzerland for crunch talks with Celtic majority shareholder Dermot Desmond, given he was in an altogether less glamorous location – no offence intended – closer to home.

He laughed off those rumours yesterday that emerged off the back of a transfer window he nevertheless conceded had not unfolded how he would have wanted, and refuted suggestions that disagreements between himself and the board had pushed him to the point of considering resignation.

Instead, he is at pains to stress that mentally and emotionally - and physically, of course - he is firmly in Glasgow, and happy to be so. Even if he acknowledges that he is still battling to restore the harmony that existed between all factions of the club during his first stint at Celtic.

“There were reports that I’m this really unhappy person and I flew out to Switzerland or somewhere after the game the other day, which I found strange when I was reading it in Finnieston!” Rodgers laughed.

“It might have [angered me] years ago but certainly not now. There was something else that came out that again wasn’t true.

“I have the greatest respect for the people here at the club. I always wanted to come back to Celtic and I knew it wasn’t going to feel straight away like the first time because people were hurt. And they probably still are.

“There’s probably still a wee bit of that of people thinking, ‘how long is he going to be here?’ and ‘can we trust him?’

“But I want to give everything, and I want to be here as long as I possibly can be. If I can have success here with the team and we can look forward and into Europe then brilliant.

“But I certainly wasn’t away having any crisis talks.”

The Swiss story may have been a miss, but it is not a wild assumption that his disagreement with the club’s board over their transfer outlay would at least make Rodgers bristle, given that a similar misalignment of views at least partly contributed to his departure from the club first time around.

“These were all the considerations I had to come back,” he said.

“I wasn’t going to be that person, and I said that when I first came back because I only wanted the best for here. I wasn’t going to be in that place again.

“Sometimes because of how I am I might look unhappier than what I actually am, and that’s my da’s fault because I look like my da’, and he always looked not so happy even when he was.

“But I’m still here to give the best to the team, for that team to then be the very best they can be with the supporters.

“I have just sensed since I have come back that there is that feeling that hopefully in my time here I can negate.

“But you only do that by winning games, and hopefully then by having success, and having success in the way we want to.

“I’m determined to try and navigate my way through that, because I know what it felt like the first time I was here, it was amazing. So, I want to have that feeling back in the stands and with everyone again.

“But we’ll only do it together, that’s what is key. Whatever the frustrations are with whoever.

“I will always want the best, but for whatever reason if that’s not available and we can’t get it, then we still have to look to progress. That’s why we’re here.

“This is the great challenge of working our way through that. But I was definitely not in Switzerland!”

9. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    The * you think you can talk to me like that for? You’re the embarrassment, you apologistic *.

10. Shauny Shauny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo Furuhashi
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Let’s get behind the manager and players and go win the league.
    We have more than enough talent to do so.

11. stevoEOS

perfect summary mate. Exactly where I’m at.

Sween likes this.
  12. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    No. Inadvertently it may have happened but I don't think it's intentional, mainly bcoz I don't think they put that much thought into anything, especially when it comes to the fans feelings.

13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Hit the ignore button mate and don't engage with him he's a *

martin_d likes this.
  14. murphy88

He is still trying to defend them mate, just ignore it. Talking about the game last week sucking all the excitement out the fans, when it’s clear as day it’s been down to recruitment and yet another embarrassing window. He defended them all summer and all through the January window so now just looks stupid in doing so.

martin_d and Ryanm1984 like this.
  15. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The Norwich boy is now Dembele MkII.

I don't even have the energy to be angry at the * anymore. I just want him gone.

16. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    When quite the opposite will likely happen now.

Pre-Jan it was mostly Rodgers getting it in the neck and rightly so. His fitba is gash. Most of the board/fan issues were over political disagreements.

Post-Jan, now it looks like Rodgers wasn’t backed. If our quality of football continues as it has and we lose the league. The board will be blamed for January, not BR.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Hey at least that’d show a strategy and a coherent plan. Makes it more unbelievable that though, we can’t do strategy and coherent plans

18. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Hilarious he also basically said he's no unhappy he’s just got resting * face

Slaw likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Window is shut. Don't think any of us will ever forget it but we now can't do much about it so need to get behind him and the team at the very least. Anything less and we definitely won't win the league.

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Get behind him and team, bickering now will only backfire at the end of the season.

Liam Scales and Jeannie960 like this.