1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

At least you think we will still win the League, that's my view as well, but clearly this season is not panning out as we would've hoped.

Hammy89 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  2. oh bhoy

in lieu of any player transfers ,its gonna have to do .i dont doubt for 1 second the * contest between rodgers and lawwell has resumed .id say rodgers probably started it by publicly * over all the players lawwell jr brought in

3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Genuinely hope he does walk.

And he throws every single one of them under the bus. He won’t, he’s too proud for that but he could leave and say in his statement that he wasn’t given the tools he was assured of in the summer and after a second, consecutive window of disappointment, will not remain manager while he’s not being offered the full tools to succeed.

He would be absolutely lauded for it as well.

Hammy89, Peej, Blochairnbhoy and 2 others like this.
  4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I've got a bad feeling about Lawwell and his influence on internal matters and the overall running of the club.

5. StevieBhoooy!

“The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that Mark Lawwell did not exist."

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s doing the same as the Kelly’s and Whites did previously before THEY were kicked out by the bunnet

Jeannie960 likes this.
  7. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    See if someone offered me the chance to remove the board and lose the league, I’d remove the board every single day of the week.

This is one title but a new board, a new direction would take this club into a period of dominance that would be in line with the 9.

The short sightedness among the fans is a problem, in my opinion.

8. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Best time for him to leave on his own terms is to beat the scum at shitpit then resign.

9. Sgt Neppers*

Whilst he's * me off, I'd be careful wishing a new manager in. Its still the same folk hiring managers.

Rodgers is Desmonds bhoy. Ange appointed after a total * up chasing Howe for months.

Our latest transfer model was applied to appointing Lennon in the showers wi CV's left in the drawer.

Deila hired to be second to Roy Keane, promoted instantly to manager.

Mowbray, although a decent manager, was poor in the end.

Lennon take 1 was again a nepostistic appointment by Lawell.

The folk in charge genuinely don't go far, use the metrics to get the right personel in. It's like we're being run by a twisted hybrid of Tory Scientologists.

It'd be rumour after rumour with Roy Keane quick and long favourite, with John Kennedy appointed....outstanding canditate and knows the city you see. :87:

10. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

I really hope he stays till the end of the season. Love him or hate him l, still think he is the best pair of hands to get this league over the line.

A nightmare situation would be he walks and we appoint a Delia type 'project' manager or wait months on end to be turned down by a Eddie Howe type, whilst Kennedy loses grip of the title

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Yeah i get what yer saying, but could never stomach the huns winning the League, regardless of what's going on behind the scenes within our club.

Hammy89, Twisty, Jeannie960 and 2 others like this.
  12. leeso-ardoyne

Biggest pile * you'll ever read on the Internet and the amusing part, all the daft * are falling for it. Few people I know already discussing this as if it's fact haha and you'll see others starting to fall for it on here too because they also a bunch of daft *.

Best thing to do is delete this nonsense from your phones and don't pass it on. It's all horse * and anyone continues to pass it on is just fueling it!

The facts are, Rodgers has a team of professional footballers playing * football. He's the one telling them how to play and more or less trying to pass the * ball into the net! He's the sole reason why we're regressing!

johnfife1959 likes this.
  13. themouth1888

Rodgers is not the issue another manager coming in is gonna get handed pennies as a transfer budget as well. Its criminal how we are being run as a football team

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    stubhoy07 likes this.
  14. leeso-ardoyne

Alot said that about the Guildford 4 even after they where found not guilty! Only daft * believe everything they read!

15. paulie walnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    This season is just like a carbon copy of Rodgers last season with us. * signings, lots of * performances and talk of fall outs with Lawwell.
    Why he came back and why Desmond wanted him back I’ve no idea :39:

16. Big C

Nobody has said they believe everything they read.

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It certainly doesn't look good does it..

And I've been quite on the fence with it usually..

Hammy89 and The Prof like this.
  18. leeso-ardoyne

Your post suggests you are. Do you not grasp the term no smoke without fire!

19. James Gold Member Gold Member

If the rumours about about us not wanting to spend the money on Araujo were true as they wanted 1 million more than we offered surely that must have set alarm bells ringing for the manager the exact same thing is happening again

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

You could have an entirely new board… but as long as auld handlebar tache is there it will always consist of yes-men servicing his interests.

Desmond being gone (or rather not gone) has been and is the main obstacle to change within the plc and therefore the club.

Having a billionaire majority shareholder might earn some kudos for the plc just as owning a football club wil massage DDs ego while schmoozing on the worlds golf courses.. but it’s a parasitic relationship with only one side benefitting long term.

We need new ownership … a new board will follow.

john2061 likes this.