1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

These comments certainly doesn't endear himself whatsoever but again let's not be blinded by this. He has been absolutely * over by the way we operate in the transfer windows.

Honestly, whoever is in charge is on to a loser with our current trading model. The only thing he said here that * me off was the defending of the board.

I honestly hope and think Brendan will just about win the league, from there I hope he resigns and goes full throttle on the board, absolutely embarrassed them for the amateurs they are

Random Review, martin_d and Mr Shelby like this.
  2. Sgt Neppers*

That's not on. That's absolutely a dig at the fans. Anymore of that and they'll turn on him quickly.

And he'd be wise to remember how humble he had to be in the beginning of the season. He's clearly forgotten that.

Arrogance shining through there...

3. Sgt Neppers*

I get that. But I think he should have eased in to his tactics over the season, whilst he didn't have any of the players he wanted.

Bar Philips, all the signings were of last season approved list by Ange. So playing a style to another managers players was always gonna be difficult.

Madness not to change it up by now. Too many these performances like today, this season.

4. Sween

Agreed. Weird thing to say.

Usually he's so deliberate in what he says. That didn't feel deliberate, he just seems to be in a huff

Random Review and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We haven't managed any sort of consistency this season.

Just not kicking on at all. We may win the league but I can see it being a hobbling over the line type situation if we do.

What happens after that who knows. I'd be surprised if he is still here next season.

I don't feel as much I'll towards him as others. I'm more concerned over what happens after he goes and yet another manager is ready to be thrown under.

Peej, Big C, stubhoy07 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sgt Neppers*

That's the worry... a Deila mark 2.

Thankfully brooney has job and hopefully Lennon gets the Ireland job too. :lol:

Mr Shelby and AdamRS like this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

He has more faces than Big Ben

From his humbleness in coming in to the defence of the recruitment then he moved on to throw some shade at the board with the 'quality' comments now he's having a go at the support whilst defending the board

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. henriks tongue

BR does nothing that's not calculated and considered, so what's truly behind the outburst?
    • * off because we won and the team were still boo'ed by some?
    • Angry at the team because of performance and nearly chucking 2 points away?
    • Angry at the board for lack of the support he asked for and now as a result he and team is getting it tight?
    • Angry about question on recruitment on which he has no say on and he's not getting support he needs.
    Although it's probably all of them, I'm going mainly for the last one.
    Either way, we clearly have a very frustrated manager right now - and that's not good.
    Deja Vu anyone?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024
    Peej and Random Review like this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Its definitely not a given at the moment. I can see us dropping points along the way. Its vital we continue to out wins together.

My worry is Rodgers wants to add more quality and almost buy his way out of trouble to mask the truth that his methods are not winning us games, rather the individual quality we have.

Lewis Kerr, johnfife1959 and Mickmac like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

I think we will win the league, but he’s not got the best out the players he has. We should be playing we better than we have for the majority of the season. His comments today given the uneasy alliance after his departure last time were ill advised at best.

johnfife1959 likes this.
  11. leeso-ardoyne

Yes, exactly as how took it. Listen, this man is a * Rat! The quicker everyone sees through his bullshit the better it'll be to do he'll be run to *! It's all about this * and nothing else. He's back to try and take the stain of his name. That's it, nothing more. He couldn't give a * about us supporters! It's all about Brendan! I can't wait to the day the * is run to the hills although with that, sadly it'll mean we've lost the league which obviously I don't want the latter! Plus that * he has us playing is atrocious! Even thou we need new signings, we should be steam rolling some of these teams were struggling against.

I've a feeling in the next 6 weeks this * is going to have us trailing the Huns in the league and he'll turn more on us! I'd never thought I'd see the day id dislike seeing an Irish man being our manager. Especially one from only a few miles up the road from where I grew up. He's an arrogant self centered * stain and the sooner he's left is, the better it'll be!

johnfife1959 likes this.
  12. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    He needs to get us playing with intensity.

Crilly likes this.
  13. Sgt Neppers*

Spot on. He's appearing to be a mouth piece for the board wi those comments which is at odds wi his quality needed comments.

Like he was whipped in to shape after them comments.

James Mc and James like this.
  14. henriks tongue

That's a really big issue for us.
    Ange designed / recruited the team exactly for that high intensity style.
    Now BR is playing, ahem...a 'more considered' style most of the Ange players are just not suited to it and worse than that don't have the skill and physicality to deliver it.
    So BR, its change the style to Ange ball or change the players to BR ball.
    I know which one is easiest, certainly if we are trying to win the most important league title in recent years.

15. oh bhoy

had it since hes been here naw had it since he * off to lecister

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    In a way I kind of get why he's reacted in the way he has though. As much as his departure last time left a sour taste a lot of fans havent been willing to give him a shot from day 1.

that's fair and everyone is entitled to their opinion but think its obvious it's affected him.

The only thing that annoyed me really was the defending of the board thrown in again. I don't really agree with booing after 3 points. No matter how * it was.

TheHappyLoss and Random Review like this.
  17. Big C

Get yourself upstairs and tell those * on the board we need players!!! Good players not mediocre *.
    I’ve said it before, I’d love a manager to walk and call the board out!!! If the board think when we get the players back it’ll be plan sailing they are so wrong!!! The only player that ‘could’ potentially improve us on a game by game basis is Hatate. The rest are not good enough or projects, that quite frankly are not good enough.

Crilly likes this.
  18. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    We're in an OK position and may well still win the league, but the performances this season have been consistently underwhelming. It feels like it's every other week that we're hanging on against some SPL dross to get the points over the line. We would have likely lost today if Ross County were anything other than rank average.

If Rodgers genuinely wants to be here next season (and I'm not 100% convinced he does) I think a realisation needs to be reached that this current group's cycle is fast coming to an end. Adding a few Palma level signings just isn't going to cut it.

So settle on the players Rodger's wants moving forward (Calmac, CCV, O'Riley if we could somehow keep him, possibly Taylor in a backup role and maybe Hatate/Bernardo) and then rebuild with players better suited to Rodgers style of play.

Of course that's all easier said than done and shifting certain players will be an issue, but it's becoming clear that something beyond minor surgery is required IMO.

19. Big C

I’m still not convinced with Bernardo. A slightly quicker Turnbull? If the fee of around £5 million is correct I’d send him back. Surely for that money we could get a better player?? Oh wait, it’s Celtic and our recruitment department is absolutely brutal!!!

20. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He needs to play to our players strengths, but having one striker with the money we have in the bank is criminal.