1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nicolas Kuhn

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Jan 1, 2024.

Discuss Nicolas Kuhn in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Two different loans though for me mj on loan to convince a club to buy and tillio out on loan to try see if theirs a player their worked for rogic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. Bellbhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Juat want to sign him to hear Hartson saying his name

The_Bhoy, 88jimmij88 and Artorias like this.
  3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Which is maybe a lesson for not throwing it all at the managers feet or vice versa with the scouts sometimes tbh.

Its difficult to know.

JC Anton likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are closing in on their first signing of the January transfer window as negotations continue with Rapid Vienna for winger Nicolas Kuhn.

The Parkhead side opened formal discussions with the Austrian club earlier this week over a move for the 24-year-old German having tracked his progress over a number of months.

Rapid are reported to be seeking a fee in the region of 3 million euros for a player who has scored three goals and contributed seven assists in 22 appearances this season.

Kuhn spent three years in the RB Leipzig youth ranks before earning a 2 million euros move to Ajax at the age of 18. He played for the Amsterdam side's second team before being signed by Bayern Munich, initially on loan, in 2020.

The attacker, who has played for Germany at every youth level up to Under-20s, was a regular in Bayern’s second team until 2022 when he made the move to Austria. His performances for Germany at the Under-17 World Cup held in India in 2017 led to him being labelled the "next Messi" by the German press.

Rapid sporting director Markus Katzer confirmed that his club have received offers for player, stating: "In principle, I don't want to comment on any rumours. But I can confirm that we actually have concrete offers on the table for Nicolas Kuhn, but I don't want to name the interested clubs."

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has expressed a desire to add quallity to his ranks for the second half of the season with several players set to be missing when the squad returns from the winter break. Daizen Maeda, Reo Hatate, Marco Tilio, Hyun-jun Yang and Hyeon-gyu Oh are all on international duty at the Asian Cup, while Nat Phillips has returned to Liverpool at the end of his loan deal. Yosuke Ideguchi completed a move to Vissel Kobe earlier this week, having spent the last year on loan in Japan, while defender Gustaf Lagerbielke is the subject of a loan bid from Serie A side Lecce.

Further departures are possible this month as Rodgers looked to trim his squad to make way for potentially three arrivals – a left-back, striker, and a winger, who now looks likely to be Kuhn.

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC stepped up their pursuit of Nicolas Kuhn as they landed a work permit for the German winger.

SunSport revealed on January 2 the £2.5million-rated Rapid Vienna star was top of Brendan Rodgers’ wish-list in the January transfer window.

The clubs are still negotiating the final details of the move, but he has cleared a crucial red-tape hurdle.

Rodgers is keen to bolster his attacking options and ex-Ajax and Bayern Munich prospect Kuhn is his top target.

Rapid paid £500,000 for him 18 months ago and have demanded at least four times that sum.

Kuhn, who can also play as a striker, started his career as a kid at RB Leipzig before moving to Ajax and then Bayern.

The Germany under-20 cap joined Rapid in 2022 and has impressed in the Austrian Bundesliga.

Kuhn has three goals and seven assists in 22 appearances for Rapid this season and has emerged as a key man.

A left-footed winger in the mould of Patrick Roberts, he prefers to play off the right.

Data and scouting site Wyscout recently named him as one of the top 12 ‘chance creators’ in world football.

Capped at every youth level by Germany, he was hailed as a child prodigy as clubs battled for his signature.

Ajax signed him for £1.8m five years ago, but he failed to make a first team breakthrough.

Bayern took him back to Germany in 2020, but he was limited to B-team games before moving to Rapid 18 months ago.

Kuhn is under contract there until 2026, but the prospect of a move to Celtic is likely to appeal.

Crilly likes this.
  6. apevrak

Going by the stats and Kühn's injury history it looks like we're buying a left footed, German version of Mickey Johnston.

He delivers goals and assists against the lesser teams in the Austrian Bundesliga, but fails to deliver the goods against the top teams in the league.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Theres an interesting conversation in this weeks “Stick to football” episode between Keane, Neville and Carragher about recruitment.

Keane states that Gordon Strachan took a step back from recruitment as he got a few calls wrong and no longer trusted himself. The paradox here is that Strachan had some real success with us and in europe.

Keane also states that managers often do their homework into a players character, only to find that when the person arrives they are surprised or disappointed as ultimately the reference they have been given are only opinions of other managers and some managers get on better with players than others.

JC Anton likes this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Seems a bit of a punt again tbh rather than someone who could come in and make an impact straight away.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

51 games 7 goals 10 assists ,this is the type of player we should be taking on loan for 6 months to see if he can cut it .not the experienced player rodgers wants . another project and another slap in the face from the lawwells to rodgers and the fans alike. £70 million in the bank and we are trying to convince ourselves this guy is a top player

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s definitely not a project. He’s 24 years old.

He’s either going to be good enough or not. Sink or swim, he won’t be given time. Players make this step up in every transfer window and make it, so he might.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm skeptical but he does look an exciting player tbh. Very fast and still manages to keep control of the ball whilst dribbling.

Will reserve judgement.

The one thing that's giving me some hope of him being a coup is the fact that clubs like RB salzburg, Ajax and Bayern have all seen something in him at one stage or another. Let's see.

Also it's clear from his highlights how creative he is. If rapids strikers weren't Lammers and Dessers carbon copies then I've counted at least an additional 10 assists alone that someone like Kyogo buries. Definitely has that in him.

Hopefully he's joined by another 2 or 3 players.

12. john2061

For once would like to see the board surprise the support with a quality signing especially with the amount of money in the bank .

13. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I’m sure I read he’s 12th in Europe for chance creation.
    Maybe with some better forwards to finish those chances, which he’ll get with us, his stats will massively improve.

TESLA, The_Bhoy, Big Shoes and 3 others like this.
  14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Will he? Palma would be on about 20 assists if we could finish haha!

The_Bhoy and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Nickowlash Kane

Bellbhoy likes this.
  16. henriks tongue

Brilliant.
    Love the hoops legend that is BBJ, but he is the worst co-commentator I've ever heard - sorry big man:fear:

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. PaddyJamieson

Class. I think he looks top drawer and exactly the type we need on that right side, where we're crying out for some invention.

Crilly and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  18. jambo_cfc

This is just a mirrored signing of paddy roberts in the fact that they play very similar and big clubs have seen something but when he’s there it’s maybe just too big of a step up for the lad , let’s face it the Austrian leagues probably better than ours or at the very least is on par ,
    So if he’s doing well in that league I would imagine he will come here no problem , with us going after this guy I wonder if the rumours in the summer of us looking at roberts where true.

Fairly Excited by this signing as I think that when you look at palma he is scoring goals and getting assists in packed defenses as he is a good footballer and doesn’t really need blistering pace because of it and I think Kuhn will be similar , but then on the opposite end of the scale you have maeda who is very fast but not the best footballer and with slow build up play from rodgers he is an empty jersey as there’s no space to get in behind.

having two wide men that can go inside or outside will create more for us

Crilly likes this.
  19. Pogues

Ffs. * no in the door yet and you've written him off. What makes you think Rodgers hadn't green lighted this?

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    The Paddy Roberts comparisons are largely stemming from the fact he's same position, is left footed and looks a bit like a German version.

Watching his highlights he's much, much faster and doesn't seem to have a shot as often, also takes it onto his right more often.

Don't think they're as similar as is being made out.

Regardless, we need someone of that ilk anyway.

Rydo1888*, DonnyCelt, Twisty and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.