1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Saul Goodman, Nov 17, 2023.

Discuss What are your hobbies? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Since the start of August I’ve started writing regularly. Spend an hour or two doing it most days of the week and I’m currently close to finishing the first draft of my first Novella. Also spend a lot of time reading. Something I always threatened to do but put it off for one reason or another. It’s become an addiction now though and hope to stick with it long term.

Aside from that, playing, watching and most recently coaching football. Running and gaming too but haven’t done much of either lately.

What are your hobbies?

2. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Fly fishing and traveling , I try and combine both at least once a year, 3 time BC and been to Russia also.
    Just back from BC and we had a brilliant time...

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Writing is something I enjoyed and done creative/screen writing at uni - yeah fun but absolutely worthless at the time ha.

It's slipped away I'm recent years, but would love to get back to it properly.

Always got story and movie ideas in the head, just need the time to dedicate even just 30minutes a night to it.

I enjoy doing the podcast as well. Along with everyone else here who loves football in various aspects.

Gaming and general entertainment as well.

Other than that, I wouldn't say I have any manor hobbies, like actively hill walking or that stuff.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Saul Goodman likes this.
  4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

I like to paint wee faces on eggs and roll them down a hill at Easter.

TheHappyLoss and PaddyJamieson like this.
  5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    At the moment, Japanese. I keep quitting though..Currently..I'm back! I've found a nice site that actually builds on what you learn and I'm SERIOUSLY thinking about going to Hokkaido in northern Japan to study Japanese for two years in October 2024 as you can get a student visa that allows you to work 28 hours a week. I can almost afford the fees and accommodation. But who knows. This has renewed my interest in Japanese. I always quit but always come back to it as there's something internal in me that loves Japan and Japanese...a past life maybe lol :)

Since moving from London to Inverness, I've been in a job that finishes at 9pm, so I've had 11 months of isolation living here knowing nobody on my days off..I'm leaving this job soon to start a 9-5 gig that pays £5k more as well...I'm having fun looking at the evening clubs I can go to..judo, wing chun or aikido..all * martial arts but I don't care...I can finally go and meet people..so may stay or may go...short answer Japanese and cycling..on my own lol

6. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I always wanted to write but I admit, I don't have the discipline so kudos to you for doing it!

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Coach football three nights (plus a match on a Sunday) a week, but chucking that soon. Probably just for a few months though, then I'll pick it up again.

Aside from that, gaming was always my biggest hobby but haven't been playing much the last couple of years really. Listen to a lot of podcasts and watch a fair amount of films/shows.

I need to read more. Keep wanting to but never find the motivation.

carraigbhoy and NakamuraTastic like this.
  8. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Im 38, but i will never get to old for gaming. My eyesight will * it up though as i am visually impaired, but i will love to game as long as i can.

And also football obviusly is my other passion.

9. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Feel like I've not time for anything. Only work 35 hours a week but got 2 young kids. When they grow up a bit I'd like to get back to the gym and buy another Xbox, which I got rid of when 1st was born.

Something I've always wanted to try was metal detecting but not sure how long it would be interesting for.

PaddyJamieson and NakamuraTastic like this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Guitar, racquet sports, walking my dog, football.

Was into hiking for a few years and will get back to it next summer.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Procrastinating pretty much.
    Gym, running and reading when I can be arsed and watching football and assorted nonsense on the myriad of streaming platforms I pay for. Listen to podcasts and audiobooks from time to time too.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good to know am not the only one that wants to read more books but just can't find the motivation. It's annoying as *. I've started The Silk Roads by Peter Frankopan so see how I get on with it.

Other than that...performing/recording music, fishing although I've fell away a wee bit, and the latest one is woodworking. Started a handyman business and looking to buy some decent workshop equipment over the next while, so gonna be attempting to build some cool *.

Also love winding * up who think they're *'s gift, but we'll keep that for another thread :giggle2:

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Reading and travelling for me. Always have a book on the go that I am reading and just love to go and explore new places as much as I possibly can.

14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Reading, writing.

15. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Reading, walking, photographing nature, baking, sewing, knitting, genealogy. I dip in and out of them throughout the year. I've a notion to learn Math. I'm more of a visual creative person and have always been hopeless with numbers so I figure I need to challenge myself a bit.

16. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

What's the subject mate ?

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s a crime/gangster story set in Dublin!

It started off as a 3,700 word short story. Sent it to a number of people and thankfully got good feedback and a lot of people said they wanted to see what happened to the characters next, so I decided to scrap my idea of writing short stories and have a crack at turning it into a novella. Currently have written about 20,000 words.

My ultimate aim is to write a novel with a similar theme, and have started researching. Hopefully will start it by the summer.

18. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    Wildlife Photography, Genealogy, I love going out early in the morning with my photography gear, find a decent spot, and just sit and listen to the silence until i see something of interest to take a shot or two of, the world and everything in it can * off when I'm in my wee pop up hide, i don't see or have to listen to another Human while i'm there, also enjoy doing a bit of detective work on my family tree on these long Winter evenings

19. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Going to the gym, love it, gives me a buzz.

when I have time the guitar and playing games. Not done much of either since becoming a dad. Used to go footy, had a season ticket to my local team. I'll take my boy if he enjoys football.

eire4 likes this.