1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Marco Tilio

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, Jun 30, 2023.

Discuss Marco Tilio in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Took Arzani 2 months from when he signed to make an appearance coming from similar situation.

Given that Tilio has only been training for 3 - 4 weeks it's likely it will be another month at least before he's ready going off that timeline.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  2. celtic20

Alan Hutton is "excited" to see a Celtic winger in action aye?

* me :56::56::56:

3. Mr Cleansheets

No more B appearances yet?

4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Beat off Hearts 2-1 last night the B team, which I’m not sure of the actual age range of that team because I don’t think that’s the development team in the Highland league.

Either way, he didn’t play. If he’s been training with a reduced squad with Rodgers having more time for the fringe players with the international guys away, and he’s not selected for a B squad when we play in a couple days. That’s probably a good sign for him rather than worrying.

Could also be worrying but I think Rodgers rates him, he mentioned him a lot in the summer as a player he’s missing rather than just not mentioning him like a development player. Think he’ll be similar to Yang. I think both of them are fighting it out for the one place though, Maeda, Palma, Abada are the main 3 choices I think, Yang, Tillio to prove they can do it and deserve to play.

And Forrest as the old head who’ll be used sparingly when we need some experience or if BR needs a guy on the pitch to do some very specific instructions like he did against Motherwell I think it was, he came on and squeezed the game into the middle of the pitch. He got slaughtered for it really anaw but it looked to me exactly what was wanted.

So Forrest will have a place more tactical than a starter. So Yang and Tillio’s fighting for the last spot because 6 guys are too many, one will go to the way side. Do you think he’ll win that battle? Becauase I like Yang so far, and think he can be improved upon to be brilliant, he has the corner pieces of the puzzle, BR just needs to fill in the the rest of the gaps really.

Tillio I seen highlights of, looked kinda off the cuff exciting, pulled off a few instinctual bits of skill I don’t think he knew he could do he looks like he just does * reactionary.

You’ll have seen a lot more, and if a tone down the Aussie bias a bit you usually have a decent view of players:56:

Mr Cleansheets likes this.
  5. Mr Cleansheets

Always call it how I see it.

Tilio's a clever, two footed player who has fantastic vision in the front third. Pretty quick also. I have zero doubt he'll do well in the SPL although I get to see a whole lot less now as SPL was on Bein sports in Oz and that's no longer part of the Foxtel package - pain in the *. So I have to go hunting for video.

Dublin Celt and Liam Scales like this.
  6. Mr Cleansheets

Does anyone know whether he's been in full training?

As for the Aussie players... it's not bias. All the Aussies good enough for Celtic in recent memory have been excellent. Viduka, McDonald, Rogic, Mooy, Ange... Arzani would have been also except for his injury. Very pleased to see he's back playing for Melbourne Victory and looking a little like his old self. Still young enough for a decent career in Europe if he stays fit. His ACL was a bad one.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jackson Irvine:fear:

Jesus mate you’ve been on here long enough to surely recognise a wee friendly over exaggerated jab at * you get excited by.

I grew up in Australia I’m no slagging it by giving ye a light bit of slagging.

8. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    I often take Tilio for a slap up breakfast at Morrisons supermarket's cafe.

9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Seems like he has been in full training, Aye. Just struggling with the intensity

10. Mr Cleansheets

You think I over reacted?

Sigh... it's all good.

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Are the quotes from Rodgers saying Tillio is struggling genuine? Haven’t seen much chat about it.

Quite concerning, if so. Was always a big punt coming from the A-League, regardless of what some “experts” from over there have said. The standard is atrocious.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
  12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye he said it in the press conference Friday. He didn't write him off, just said he's struggling with the intensity cause he came from Australia and he won't rush him. Basically said he won't play until he's showing up well in training

Liam Scales and Officer Doofy like this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Hoping he isn't just another cheap project, signed a player in the summer and we've still to see him kick a ball.

Crilly likes this.
  14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The further into the season we get, the worse the transfer window looks. And it already looked stinking at the time.

15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    His videos look good and the scout reports were glowing, so I'm not going to judge the lad until he plays. It can take time to adjust to a new country and to the intensity of Scottish football. And he was injured when he arrived so it might just be a case of building him back up to fitness.

Liam Scales and AdamRS like this.
  16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    One thing I’ve noticed is that Aussies normally(not always) struggle with the intensity of training in Europe. You see it all the time, players go overseas and can’t crack the first team and the issue is always training related.

I would say a lot of it is weather related and also session intensity. It’s one thing to be running around at 100mph when it’s 4 degrees, it’s another to run around 100mph at 34 degrees. The pace of play down here is much slower as a result and I’d expect the intensity of training is exactly the same.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just look at Tom Rogic

18. Mr Cleansheets

A swing and a miss...

19. FrankMcCallum

Just imagine what our top class manager could achieve if we signed professional football players with the aim of improving the first team.

It’s nearly November and this fella can’t keep up with James Forrest in training.

Yet you’ll get people frothing at the mouth to tell you that the summer transfer window was acceptable.

thailandceltic likes this.
  20. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I’d rather the current club scouts go out and sign players judged by our last 4 windows than Rodgers be allowed to go out and sign his jack Hendrys and progressively make the squad worse. His transfers always end up being like a 1 good to 9 * ratio