1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr Shelby, May 3, 2023.

Discuss Not Actually that Crucial a Summer as of August 2023...beginning to now think everything isnt fine! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyJamieson

We simply need a new left back, centre mid and at least one winger all of starting quality if we want to progress in Europe.

2. FrankMcCallum

Embarrassing to have that much money in the bank and going in to the CL with one left back, who even at that isn’t good enough, and guys like Hart, Maeda and Yang who are nowhere near the level needed.

Added to that guys like James Forrest being a legitimate option for us in 2023, it’s nothing but negligence.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  3. john2061

Said a thousand times on here mate the board not interested in Europe just wanting the money from it and nothing will change till we get change at the top as Desmond and lawwell need to go and get football people at the helm

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Honestly I just don't understand why we got so many projects, just made no sense. I've not really been impressed by any signing yet, and I don't think a single one gets in last year's team.
    Feels like we just constantly sign loads of projects that will stop us signing quality in the future. We bought 3 wingers, 2 cm, 2 CBs and loaned 2 others. How can you sign that many and not improve a single section of your team. Some still have a chance such as Bernado, Tilio, Holm,Nawrocki and Palma but even if 3 do id probably say we failed.

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Was gonna bump this myself. Horrified we have to see it back but..

Its playing out how we all thought it would. Rodgers isn't the issue and I feel sorry for him.

The lack of quality in key areas is * us.

6. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just feel sad TBH. I don't think anyone came out of that window thinking we had what we needed for the EL never mind the CL.

Anger's one thing; but I want to know what happened and what they're going to do differently next window.

7. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He knew what he was taking on, I feel he could have pushed for more.

8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He knows it. When the window ended, he showed some uncharacteristic frustration. Before the window ended, he was talking about coming back to try to do something in Europe; after the window ended, he rowed back on that so fast you can practically hear him beeping, he's constantly trying to downplay expectations. He knows he doesn't have the players to do anything. Not his fault, I agree.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. Foley1888

It’s going to be a lot more than that. Say we go out and sign those three players come the summer I think there will be a fair few looking for a move to a top 5 league.

The new contracts were about getting maximum value not really extending stays at the club.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least 4 of our starters want a move and Harts time will be up too. So that’s 5 new players to add to the mix.

PaddyJamieson and NakamuraTastic like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    That extra bit of quality can sometimes help to get you over the line, such a pity.

11. john2061

We needed 5 carter Vickers or Jota signings in the summer 5 or 6 million each to give us a fighting chance in this competition and we would still have over £35 million in the bank if we did .
    So no excuses to those * on the board they are quite happy winning the league and taking the money in Europe and * all else .

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I don't think he would have taken the job expecting a project signing from the K League to be relied upon at LW in the UCL to replace Jota.

I think something has happened along the line. Who knows. Certainly not any of us.

13. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    According to the BBC website, if we fail to win either of our remaining home games, we'll have the joint worst record in Europe for the number of home CL games without a win. That really underlines how bad it's been.

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

We're run like a bowling club our ex chief exec now chairmans son is in charge of scouting cos he once worked for man city I mean nobody seems to be able to say what he did within the city group but that seems to have qualified to walk in to a key role at Celtic no questions asked.

Our board are happy to stay a nod ahead of Rangers and have zero ambition for anything more

murphy88, The Phoenix, AdamRS and 5 others like this.
  15. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    We only have ourselves to blame as well. There's no excuse when other sides with similar budgets have managed to compete in recent years.

16. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    We were short changed this summer and it's showing. A few key signings and I reckon we would have got out this group.

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Really sad. This cycle isn't going to change until there is proper investment in the playing squad. Sick of saying it but we are totally out of our depth at this level and don't even give ourselves a fighting chance. So frustrating and getting hopeless now

18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get used to it ya * cabbages. Until we play in a wealthy league you're stuck with what you've got. Dry yer eyes mate.

19. oh bhoy

if yang and oh and yer other man were cherry picked from the korean football i dont think we should be shopping there again nowhere near good enough.

honda likes this.
  20. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Yeah it's bollocks but at least the £70m in the bank is happy.

Rydo1888* likes this.