1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jota.

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Luis1967, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Jota. in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Aye, I wouldn’t knock it back either. My point still remains the same though, he chose cash over furthering his footballing career in Europe where it actually matters.

2. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    He’ll end up at Tottenham

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Wouldn't shock me if he goes on loan to Benfica for 6 months or Tottenham take him on a LTB deal.

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

5. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

What a * mess

Bring him home!

NakamuraTastic, singer61 and RabS like this.
  6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
  7. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Bring him hoooome

8. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    I'd get out too. Foreigners have no rights there....he might wake up one day and find a camel's head in his bed.....with apologies to The Godfather..

Rydo1888* and Crilly like this.
  9. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Cancel contract with full salary and plane ticket back to Gkasgow, please and thank you..

He had this all planned. What a guy:BR1:

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Home time

honda likes this.
  11. Crilly Hakuhna matata

There was a report I seen earlier that spurs are looking at him but could be just links to former manager etc

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Do anything we can to get him back. * me.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

bring the beautiful * home.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  14. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Don’t know why he keeps gettin linked in here to Spurs. With all due respect to him, he’s not consistently good enough for that level yet.

Couple of more seasons here and he would have been 100%. Make it happen please some *.

15. horseshoe

He might not be good enough for a top end EPL side yet, but he's certainly good enough to go to a mid-level team there, or in any top five league, and that would be much better for his development than another stint roasting SPFL defenders if we're being honest, as great as it would be to have him back I don't see the point for him from a career point of view, it would have to be an emotional decision that he just enjoyed his time here and fancied a wee bit more.

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Jota wasn’t always roasting defenders here either, let’s be honest. He was brilliant but he also had his patches where he was inconsistent. That’s just being honest.

He’d have benefitted 100% more against Scottish defenders week in week out, than the standard in Saudi. Have you seen the standard there out with the superstars they’ve signed?

Skelleto and Artorias like this.
  17. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    In Saudi, it’s not the camel’s head that you need to worry about as an unmarried man, it’s if they put camel toe in your bed you need to be worried :88:

BigWilly and NakamuraTastic like this.
  18. JamesM09

I think I agree with Doogs to be honest. For dribblers like Jota it's a big step up when you go to the EPL. If you're game is primarily focused on beating your man it can be a tough league to go into.

Another thing to consider is you get so few opportunities on the ball in the EPL to actually beat a man unless you play for one of the top clubs whereas here you actually get a chance to do your thing.

I think if he had one more season here before the Saudi thing came out he would've had a chance to test himself in Europe again but that's the way it goes.

If he really does make a fortune out of the Saudi's he'll be able to pick where he plays without worrying about money, and the focus then might be on playing the kind of football he wants to play.

19. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Looms spurs bound do we have a sell on?

20. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

JOTA is set to remain in Saudi Arabia as his topsy-turvy Ittihad career continues.

The Portuguese winger left Celtic for the Middle East back in the summer transfer window for £25million.

But he has had a tough time since his move and has only made five appearances so far.

He was dropped from the first team due to foreign player rules as manager Nuno Espírito Santo found his hands tied over squad limitations .

And there were rumours that Jota was set to have his contract ripped up to allow him to move back to Europe.

But according to a report by HiHi, the club are considering a squad reshuffle and may bring him back into the first team during the winter window when they are allowed to make such changes

Currently, he is only able to play cup games but should the change be made, he would also be eligible for all league games.

Ittihad's signing of Jota has raised eyebrows with talks of an 'investigation' being carried out due to their unwillingness to use him after paying Celtic a high fee.

Speaking to football TV show Dorena Ghir, pundit Hamad Al-Suwaihi demanded that the Ittihad hierarchy must accept accountability for the signing error.

He said: "Jota is contracted at a large financial cost without the club benefiting from his services.

Ittihad's management must be held accountable for contracting with Jota. What happened is considered a disaster."

Jota's glistening two seasons under Ange Postecoglou won him a move out East to link up with former Real Madridhit man Karim Benzema.

And Tottenham Hotspur have been rumoured to have been eyeing up a move for Jota in January, offering a reunion with Postecoglou.

But this now looks unlikely should the winger be granted first team inclusion at the beginning of the new year.