1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Huns V Celtic Sunday September 3RD kick off 12PM Sky Sports Football and Celtic TV

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 26, 2023.

Discuss Huns V Celtic Sunday September 3RD kick off 12PM Sky Sports Football and Celtic TV in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    If we lose then Rodgers and Lawwell must go.

2. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The international break coming after this game makes it a convenient time to sack Rodgers if we lose. Will he be sacked if that happens? I've got my doubts.

3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Any interest in this Thread yet?:84:

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Poor lawell. What's he ever done to you? Melted your snow on his heated drive? :fear:

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Happy to walk away with a draw and hopefully they drop to Europa so it’s catch up Sundays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Poor Lawwell, yeah right.

7. Tomas

Lawell is definitely not poor, but it's daft to blame him for our current problems. He's the fuc***g chairman, not involved in team selection or coaching. Fans like a bogey man to blame when things go wrong, right now Rogers has to carry the can.

Mickmac likes this.
  8. ddub11

Not looking good for us,on top of that iv got the feeling rodgers just wont have the same impact he had first time round.That feeling just isnt there,

On top of all that he is ruining kyogo,a player who we felt would always get us a goal is now become another midfielder,shocking managmant.

Mickmac likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Nobody is getting sacked if we lose..

celtic20, NomDePlum and stew37 like this.
  10. stew37

Mental chat in here. Same folk prob wanted Ange sacked after a few games as well, ridiculously childish reactions after a poor result. With the way we're playing and with so many first teamers out I'm not particularly confident of next week, but he's not getting sacked either way, and neither he should.

11. Al Bootyerbaws

Expecting the worst next week. We are a shambles just now.

12. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    We will beat them next week and the chants will be....................Beale out

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I think people are just * off that we haven't strengthened the areas that blatantly needed strengthened and it now looks as though the board are reverting back to their old penny pinching ways again re spending money. Even with injuries we should still be strong enough to beat both Killie and St Johnstone (especially at home) and that too is something that fans are entitled to be angry about. So, yes, some of the comments have been OTT but you have to appreciate that some of our fans struggle to afford a season ticket and are entitled to be angry at the performances they have seen so far.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Trepidation but reading through the thread I’m nowhere near as defeatist as some appear to be.

It’ll be a tight game but then it’s been a tight game for several seasons now, especially at their midden.

Weed out the bad eggs this week, bring in some quality, watch them get papped out of the Champs League midweek and then we rock up a bit more confident.

We win and our season gets one almighty kick start.

NomDePlum, JC Anton and Double Dutch like this.
  15. FrankMcCallum

We’re getting beat here, no doubt about it.

We’ll get pressed high from the off and collapse. I’d be amazed if we got away with anything better than a comfortable defeat.

The Phoenix likes this.
  16. Al Bootyerbaws

Anybody who thinks we're going to win next week I have some magic beans for sale you might be interested in.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There are theoretical solutions to our problems. But, is BR brave enough to face himself and admit he needs to set aside his own beliefs and think from a logic-based perspective? I don't think so. I don't see any signing so impactful as to instantly enable us to hold the Huns to a draw or beat them. Tactics alone can save Rodgers' position, or sink him.

Any nice signings are more likely to help us in Europe.

IMO, the following instructions and player selection give us a fighting chance at the cesspit:

- deploy a dedicated DM/destroyer. The most important item on the list. We have 2 dedicated DM-s. Rodgers said he'd work with the player the club provides him with. Then, pick Kwon or Iwata to reduce Cal's defensive burden. You could've said no to a signing you didn't fancy, but Kwon came. And has height and an attitude that may come in handy over there. Iwata has been with the squad for a bit, offering pace, power and passing ability. Fail to pick either one Brendan, and you're a dead man. Basically, a zombie- might as well ask Beale a job.

- allow Taylor to invert. This gives an extra body in the middle, which helps reduce the impact of the 4-3-1-2 we'll be facing. Also, Taylor won't be as badly exposed if he focuses on his strengths. Johnston will overlap on the other side, so you get your modern niceties afterall. Maeda will get to do the usual Taylor protection job, with a nice bit of scaring Tavernier mixed in.

- deploy a medium block, with everyone back behind the ball when we're defending. We want to clog up the middle, but not invite crosses so much like what a low block does. Their front line isn't too quick, so our CB-s should be OK with balls over the top. By inviting them to come over and "dominate possession", we gain the chance to murder them on the counterattack.

- do not make Kyogo drop deep or be anything other than a pure striker when we attack. His role was something that should've never, ever been changed.

If Rodgers does this, we can actually win over there.

Mickmac likes this.
  18. murphy88

Aye I’m worried about that as well. We aren’t good enough to play our way out either. Going to be a long day I fear.

FrankMcCallum likes this.
  19. Bonobhoy

Rodgers aint going anywhere..which gives me the fear here.

The board aint getting rid of him within the next few games.....They would look weak if they did.

We have a week to fix this,get signings in and start to get a bit of confidence in.

If the Huns beat us next week there is only a point in it....They look weak as we do....We and them will be dropping points all season.

Absolute gutted all this has happened...we have fell apart and sadly reminds me already of the year we lost the 10.

20. CountyDownFaithful

Would bite your hand off for a draw right now.

The defence gives me the fear but see if I knew they had a bit of protection I’d be less fearful.

But our midfield has no fight in it and zero defensive awareness. Would make a lot of sense to play Iwata alongside McGregor.

Could be a long afternoon but I will be more optimistic if we have a few bodies in the door and training by midweek.