1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

UEFA and Saudi Arabia in talks to have a Saudi club in the Champions League from 2025

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 17, 2023.

Discuss UEFA and Saudi Arabia in talks to have a Saudi club in the Champions League from 2025 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Died for me the day the stopped having only league winners. The final in (I think) 1999, the one with Man U Vs Bayern was unique in that it was the first European Cup final that was contested by 2 clubs that hadn't won their leagues to gain entry.

I mean FFS it's etched into the trophy, translated from French: European Club Champions Cup. Club Champions, not a few club champions plus several league losers. These days because of the ridiculous amount of teams from England, Spain, Germany and Italy that get in we end up with groups that have more league losers than winners.

The whole set up wouldn't * me off as much if all the league champions were automatically placed in the group stage and all those win nothing clubs should be the ones have to play qualifiers.

2. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Saudi's have 10 team's they will buy up the best 80 players (8 foreign players each team)in the world and will offer Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, City,MLS teams,etc the top richest team's to play in a new world series competition, just like the golf football is * as we know it

johnboy19 likes this.