1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'd majorly disagree with that sorry, capacity wise and history aye but that's about where comparisons stop. That stadium they built is something else, but when it costs £1 billion to build you'd expect it to be.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXrY9B1PiUPn3ObKyvak4jviuS-l4uStA that's the full episode of Richard Hammonds Big: Tottenham stadium (broken down to smaller videos) it's well worth the watch on an engineering perspective. Simply stunning and a masterpiece of building imo.

Still wouldn't swap it for Celtic Park though, that's history, passion and life.

bigmac7288 likes this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* Spurs. * riot of a club.

We are a proper football club, I couldn’t give a * who social media says is bigger.

3. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Easiest metric to compare is take away the sponsorship income and the tv income and compare the match day revenue that’s the best indicator on what club is bigger than other clubs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou has informed Celtic that he wants to become the next manager of TottenhamHotspur.

And the Australian would like trusted Parkhead assistant John Kennedy to join him in north London.

The English Premier League side are set to make a formal approach for Postecoglou on Monday.

He clinched Celtic’s eighth domestic Treble with a 3-1 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Saturday’s Scottish Cup final.

And Mail Sport understands that, on Saturday night, the 57-year-old informed directors and colleagues, including major shareholder Dermot Desmond, of his desire to join Spurs.

A debrief meeting to discuss the Treble-winning season is scheduled for the football department staff today. It’s understood Postecoglou will not now attend.

Appointed in June 2021 on a 12-month rolling contract, he has pointedly refused to rule himself out of the running to succeed Antonio Conte after the London club failed to land previous targets Julian Nagelsmann and Arne Slot.

Spurs now hope to progress a deal after permission is granted and final discussions take place, with Postecoglou scheduled to go on holiday with his family tomorrow. Celtic will now begin the task of compiling a list of candidates to be the next manager.

Captain Callum McGregor believes Celtic’s players must be ready to be ‘flexible’ as they await developments.

The midfielder has worked with four different managers following his first-team breakthrough in 2014, winning an unprecedented five Trebles in the past seven seasons. While confident Celtic have the wider fundamentals in place for continued success, he lavished praise on Postecoglou’s contribution.

Speaking after Saturday’s final, the 29-year-old said: ‘Of course, you want to keep good managers who are at the club.

‘He’s done such an amazing job. The turnaround since he walked in the door has been incredible. Probably, people didn’t envisage that happening so quickly. But he’s a guy who’s super self- confident. He’s aware of what being at this football club means.

‘It means bringing success and he’s managed to do it in such an amazing style.

‘Of course, selfishly for us, we want to keep him. You just never know how football works. One thing about football is that you have to be flexible.

If it happens, then what a parting gift (with the Treble).’

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Maybe it doesn't but its still more logical than most of the * being posted the now.

6. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Don’t have the green tinted specs on this top 6 club is terrible patter they never finished top 6 so aren’t top 6 in epl currently.

they’re a big epl club should be the statement but 8th is about right it’s not stadium size that defines a big club. History wise Forrest are bigger villa are bigger city liverpool arsenal Utd Chelsea are all bigger

littlekennie likes this.
  7. Bangarangura

It's hard to not feel * off about the whole situation, feels like when someone leaves their wife for someone better looking just because they've come into money or fame. He's not * stupid , he knows how this will all end, with him getting sacked. He's absolutely went for the money, as much as he'll lie to himself and everyone else . Spurs will go * nowhere and ange will be out on his * in no time

NakamuraTastic, Blochairnbhoy and ken like this.
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

Ange Bastardcoglou

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  9. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Its interesting if he takes current backroom staff considering that he didnt bring any.

NakamuraTastic and Creativecelt like this.
  10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Perhaps, but I don't think my opinion will change much. We move on is where I'm at regardless I'd say.

Noskeil likes this.
  11. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think it’s shocking so called fans are happy to * on the clubs because they don’t want to be seen criticising ange if we didn’t turn up week in week out put our money in our pockets the man wouldnt had the funds time patience to achieve what he did show your team a bit of respect fs

12. Dylan1996 Gold Member Brigade Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Held out hope (as we all probably did) till after the final. The fact the rumours now haven't been fully put to bed (nevermind grown in traction) shows that at the very least, he's no longer committed to the club. Regardless of what happens with spurs, it's time to plan for the future without him

13. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That's the big thing, it's not the first time a managers left, won't be the last. It is what it is, we recruit again, but this time in a much better position than 2 years ago.

NomDePlum likes this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    I just find it a bit disappointing that with literally the first sniff of any interest from a top 10 EPL club he’s away like a shot- doesn’t appear to be any hesitation whatsoever.

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The fact he’s been left out of that meeting today means it’s officially over even if talks break down fact he wasn’t at that meeting means he’s as good as sacked their no way back the board are * their no way they will allow him to take Kennedy other staff with out a fight and I dont see levy willing to squabble over coaches from spfl he will just push other ones onto ange Harry kewell will join him .. not sure what he brought any way players finishing was dire in Europe so not to sure he was an improvement

Paradise_Bhoy likes this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Taking the positives, the last 2 years improvements haven't all been about Ange, the board and management of the club have moved forwards too.

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He turned down Brighton apparently earlier in the season. Sadly he could not resist Spurs and that * Levy. Actually think a move to a team like Brighton would have been better for him

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Bit surprised myself, but nothing we can do about it. It's even possible Ange is smart enough for this to be part of an ambitious longer term plan. But he came in when it was a * show, and he's leaving us in a much better place.

Still enjoyed his time here. I'm taking the positives.

19. gary88

Totally agree with this Brighton seem to have a better set up than spurs and the growth and recruitment from them in past couple of years has been amazing. Spurs won't progress unless they get rid of levy

20. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Graham Potter and Brighton is a classic example of how the grass isn’t always greener at one of the ‘big’ epl clubs.

NakamuraTastic likes this.