1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. EddieBhoy1986

Found an agent he could trust not to leak * to the press. Not given his agent the ok to talk to Spurs while we still had trophies to play for.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Ange is a bit like my ex, was a premature ending but a helluva a ride while it lasted. :56:

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I actually thought he would just be honest, particularly today after the game. OK, so some of the rhetoric over the past 2 years seems unfortunate in retrospect; but to be fair to him, he probably never imagined that a club like Spurs would be in for him so soon so I can totally forgive him for that. I'm pretty sure HE thought he'd be here longer as much as we did. However, I found it really strange that he was still giving it the chest pump after the match today. He must have felt the emotion from the stands, because I could feel it watching on the telly. I found it bizarre that he basically said on the BBC after the match that he wouldn't talk about it because it "wasn't important to him". I found it odd that he was STILL talking like giving supporters days like today was what matters when most of us have never felt so deflated on winning any trophy, let alone a treble and he must realise that.

Like I say, it's been clumsy and unskillful. I still love him for what he has done here though.

4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Cheers for the memories

Congratulations on winning the Treble! This is your success as much as it is the players and coaching staff, and every single member of the Celtic Family deserves to celebrate this incredible moment for the club.

We know that the history of Celtic is littered with success, and this season’s Treble now takes its place alongside everything that has come before us.

It is also a significant moment for the club, given that it sets a new world record of winning eight domestic Trebles.

The aim of every Celtic team at the start of a season is to do as well as they possibly can in every competition they take part in, and that was the same for us when the campaign kicked off back in July last year.

We achieved our first objective in winning the League Cup, retaining the trophy we won last season, with an impressive derby victory at Hampden which was a great occasion for everyone to celebrate.

We followed that up by winning the Premiership title for the second season in a row, confirming our status as the best team in Scotland and that, in turn, has once again delivered UEFA Champions League football to the club.

The level of consistency the squad showed through the season, winning 32 of the 38 games, drawing three and losing just three, is great credit to the players. We also scored 114 league goals and conceded just 34 which, again, is a testament to our style of football which has entertained our supporters throughout the season.

Having won both of those competitions, we could then focus on the Scottish Cup final and the opportunity to win that trophy and so secure the Treble.

I know that the Scottish Cup final is always a special occasion for supporters and one thateveryone looks forward to, and so to win this famous old trophy in the sun at Hampden is an occasion to celebrate.

This Treble now sits alongside the seven previous Trebles that the club has won under Jock Stein, Martin O’Neill, Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon, and it’s an achievement that everyone at the club is rightly very proud of.

It was also special to be able to celebrate today’s success alongside so many of our supporters in Hampden, and given that every single fan plays their part in what we do through the incredible backing they give the team week in, week out, it’s something that we can all share and enjoy together.

Thank you Again!

Ange Postecoglou

5. PaddyJamieson

Youre probably right about this, problem is his style is just so different from Ange's that it would feel like so much of the work that's gone in the last two years establishing a culture/way of playing/identity/whatever would be for nothing. Plus the squad has been assembled to play football a certain way.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. EddieBhoy1986

I hear Steve Bruce is still without a club...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. PaddyJamieson

Aye, that's all fair. It's the last 4-5 days in particular that have been handled poorly, and yes, some clarification or a statement today would have been appreciated by everyone I think.

martin_d and Random Review like this.
  8. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Nope. :(

9. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Don't think that ruthless streak will work with egotistical multi millionaire primadonas though

10. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Wish they would just put me out of my misery already, I can't stop constantly checking this thread even though I know nothing will have changed since 0.0000000001 seconds ago.

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Better aff way Fiona ffs !

seamus1967 likes this.
  12. FrankMcCallum

I’m almost certain that Moyes and Rodgers went through the entire interview process in 2016 and there was a split in the board as to who they were going for.

Like you say I think he’d do well, although as @PaddyJamieson says, he plays a completely different style to Ange.

Although is he maybe just adapting to what’s at his disposal? Even at Man Utd he inherited a terribly aging squad.

13. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right can I ask a question…
    Has he gone…?

14. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'm not sure on this.

Timing is everything here imo. Secured a treble and decided to leave for one of the best leagues in the world, where he'll face some of the best managers in the world.

Just hope our people have been doing their job and have a list of possible replacements.

I am happy he sorted out our mess and feel this is too good an opportunity for him to turn down (including doing what's best for his family).

Imagine he stays next season and we don't win the league/do well in Europe... That's a big risk for him, turning down Spurs imo and he'll be factoring all of this into his decision.

Anyway, I hope he stays but doubt he will and he'll go with my best intentions, which is not what i felt about Rodgers.

15. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Just checking skyscanner for all Glasgow to London fights so I can confront him at the airport like Roma fans with Anthony Taylor.

16. PaddyBhoy-1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    He’s definitely off 100% no doubt about it, he leaves a hero though, big shoes to fill to replace this guy as well it’s a massive loss and potentially a complete change in football identity with a new manager but I welcome it, love the big man he’s a legend but no one bigger than Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wasting your time. Been seen filling up at a petrol station at Scotch Corner.

Forestbhoy66 and neilly1987 like this.
  18. EddieBhoy1986

Nope he was very lucky to have a club like Celtic trust him enough let him basically have free reign to build exactly what he wanted. The EPL is a whole other monster and we can see already with how this has played out that Ange isn't going to be able to control things the way he does up here.

NakamuraTastic and Forestbhoy66 like this.
  19. EddieBhoy1986

:56:

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I dont want to go back to having boring regular full backs :90: