1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. deano_bhoy

Dom Mackay didn't take over Chief Executive role until July 2021. Lawwell was still there when Ange signed.

2. Darksel

This is what he said in the BBC interview if anyone missed it.

3. DonnyCelt

Having just seen his interview after the game. He's away imo.

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Probably just emotions running high tbh.

When things are fully settled, I suspect a lot of people will understand the opportunity he's potentially been given with the spurs job, a club that typically finish top 4 in the EPL coming for our manager is a fantastic opportunity for him.

I think my only gripe is a few soundbites he's come out with, especially the "You'll be surprised how long I'm here" but in the long-term, he'll be remembered for bringing our club back from a dark place.

....That's if he leaves of course, still not confirmed yet.

Creativecelt likes this.
  5. celtic20

Moyes isn't my favourite tbh, but even so I think he's always given off the vibe that he would only come here as a last resort. So long as there are EPL offers on the table for him, that's where he'll be plying his trade. Celtic manager isn't necessarily a box he cares about ticking I don't think.

6. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough

The old heart thump has been used before.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  7. Bonobhoy

Ye they aint my choices....I just mean trying for a manager thats been down there. Sick to death of getting lied to by managers up here,especially when sold a dream.

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I've watched his interview. He mentions having the chance to do a squad rebuild. At Tottenham, they certainly could do with one. But, the players over there have a committee that talks to Levy. And Levy is a pain to work with, even without the risk of player sabotage. I don't see the conditions for what Ange wants- a club transformation.

9. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Chief executive Dom McKay brought his start date forward after leaving the SRU and was first pictured on club duty during the defeat to Rangers at Ibrox in mid-April. He was the one sitting with Ange in the first press conference flew to London to meet Ange etc was t Lawwell

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I'd rather go for another left field manager that plays like Ange than a Moyes or Rodgers. Even if it means they * off in a couple of years

11. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'd think that interview would've brought it home to you.

I think you're going to feel it more than anyone else now.

He is 110% away. All I care about now is how quickly it gets done, the compensation and who is brought in.

I thank Ange for all the memories and how he turned the club around when we were flailing but I'd be lying if I said it doesn't leave a bitter taste in the mouth. He is leaving us when we're not even half way being the finished article and he knows it.

Morcombe, RabS, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

I don't blame him for going to Spurs but it just contradicts his previous statements about trying to make us a European force and what not.

If he leaves us now he'll be behind all of our previous managers since MON in terms of European achievements. Strachan got us to the last 16 of the CL twice, Lennon once and also finished top of his group in the EL. Rodgers got us to the last 32 of the EL as well. * me even Deila qualified from the groups in his first year.

Our football has been great domestically and we've won 5/6 trophies but the lack of impact in Europe just makes his previous statements sound rather fake and hollow. If he stayed another year he'd go with my best wishes. But it's just too soon, he has unfinished business here and he knows it.

AdamRS likes this.
  13. Bonobhoy

He's no done a Rodgers but he's deffo left a sour taste in the mouth...unfinished.

And as a poster said,he's left us with all these players that have been brought in specifically by this manager...and maybe also left with a sour taste

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Turd Ferguson Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, can't disagree. It would have been nice, Jordan belfort must have had a little more integrity:50:

bhoy81 likes this.
  15. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Celtic tv someone asked Tom boyd if he was away and his reply wasn’t no nah never

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Darksel

Yeah I mean when you have a few weeks ago him saying how he wasn't worried about teams downplaying how strong they'll be next season because they will be bringing targets in to now not wanting to talk past today tells you everything.

He is gone.

Thanks Ange for the 2 years you've given us, it's now on the board to keep up the standards with the replacement.

Morcombe and Hammy89 like this.
  18. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    will there be any compensation as it’s a 1 year rolling contract. Depending on start and end date etc?

19. Slaw

I’m absolutely * sickened. I would’ve taken a 6-0 thumping today if it meant him staying. What a crying shame.

20. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You’re a legend big man. From where we were a couple of years ago to where we are now, you’ve made yourself a hero.