1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Considered asking this myself but decided I'd rather not know. Thanks for your support :giggle2:

King of Kings likes this.
  2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That post Frank quoted was in reply to a post I made last night. Maybe Frank wasn’t aware same as you.

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    It's a lot pish

But would be pretty disappointed in him if he's discussing the future with Celtic like that yet at the same time going behind the clubs back with his agent pushing for the Spurs job. He was probably hoping to go out on a high at Celtic but he won't be happy all the * getting leaked because it makes it look he's played us

4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  5. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Reckon Ange has been quiet cos he's been watching this!

Screen Shot 2023-06-03 at 09.44.55.png

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. themouth1888

No idea whats going on here.

Its a * load of money for Ange to turn down but you almost get a free hit with Spurs as everyone seems to fail. If he's poor its just like well it was Spurs anyway so doesn't count and I'm sure he would get a job somewhere else.

Here's what I think has happened (just opinion and may be wrong)

Ange met Desmond last month or whatever and was told he had a smaller budget than expected but would get a portion of fees coming in. We have done this as we always do this. We very rarely kick on ahead when we have a clear lead. Look back its always happened. We are banking on us still being good enough and opponents not catching up as quickly.

Anyway Ange has been * off with this as he needs to strengthen especially for Europe to take the next step and remember this was the reason Rodgers said he left.

Cue the game vs Huns and Bernabei performance I would say that if he had been sent off it would have improved our team that day. Ange could see how woeful he was even Stevie Wonder could but he didn't take him off and I genuinely believe it was a * you to the board to say he does need more funds to strengthen and same with Kobi. Yes we have these players but they are not good enough.

That's just my take on it. I hope he stays but even tho Spurs are a * show its a life changing amount of cash and like I said in the manager world its almost a free hit.

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    The meeting he had with Ange was quite the opposite according to all the ITKs. Biggest transfer budget ever, analysis room etc. I never stick up for the board but I genuinely don't think they've * it

horseshoe and TheHappyLoss like this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

Don’t think money comes in to it that much. Spurs for all their faults are probably in the top 6 clubs in England. Have one of the best stadiums and training facilities in Europe and in a massive league . I can’t understand anyone successful wanting to leave Celtic , but I’ve supported Celtic all my life. These guys that come and go haven’t.

johnboy19 and King of Kings like this.
  9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    On the whole, this past season, I'm more forgiving and accepting the board is trying.

But this summer was always going to be the defining one for me.

They have to push the boat out with Ange and continue to back him and the club as a whole.

That said, if Ange was to leave, it's still important summer for them to see how they react to it

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

10. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Apparently they were though and he's threw it back in their face cosying up to Spurs behind their back (if rumours are to be believed) They were all in on Ange it seemed and I'm genuinely worried they won't get it right replacing him

11. Foley1888

This is my take too, for once I believe the Board aren’t culpable here. My reason is more a back handed compliment, they seem to be happier when people aren’t bothering them, Ange taking multiple roles on his shoulders for the club including, Manager, Director of football and spokesman for the club suits them.

There is a material difference to the Rodgers scenario in having guaranteed CL income with a league win, vs access to qualifiers. In addition, Ange is marketing/ commercial gold for the club in Australia and Japan, a bigger deal for him pays for itself. I believe we would have had him on a longer term deal before this if the Board got their way.

So whether the rumours of what he’s been offered are true or not in terms of Barrowfield and Lennoxtown, I do believe a big transfer budget and top deal for Ange will have been offered in terms of what we can offer.

See the big deal being made about Frank T CAA Base lead and Ange’s agent being at trophy day, doesn’t mean much to me as he was there last year. Plus is someone Ange clearly values given the role he played in our transfers when he first came in. I think he would have been there regardless.

What does seem likely to me is Frank T has been in seeing Levy about some of his star players who are CAA clients and the subject of a new manager comes up. Frank then says have you thought about Ange, look what he’s done to Celtic from a poor state coming in.

Levy being a nightmare but an astute operator has thought he sounds like someone worth considering and with others dropping off he’s now higher up their shortlist.

I do believe if Spurs come to the conclusion they want Ange, he will be go. At 57 years old having spent the majority of his career in Japan and Oz, he has come to Europe won titles and played in CL. The mindset from that part of the world EPL to a top half club would be seen as a progressive next step. Not to mention making significantly more.

The fact Spurs is a basket case will be irrelevant to him; he has a lot of self belief that he can be successful. If he didn’t have that self belief he probably wouldn’t have ended up our manager as we were a basket case.

Leone Naka Fan and JML67 like this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Still I'm gonna stick with Ange hasn't done or said anything and no source to suggest he's for the off (speculation and rumours aside), but to go along with the obvious potential he may leave (no smoke and all that), then it's vital they push the boat out on a new manager.

It's vital they tick off all the things they agreed with Ange - they aren't just for his benefit, it benefits us for years to come.
    And then go sign a manager of similar style and ability - while also backing them with 30m.

That doesn't change, just the man in the dugout

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan and NomDePlum like this.
  13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

"If true..." in the first line usually = bullshit

14. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

There’s nothing worse than someone “ITK”

Attention seeking * 99% of the time.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

See this ITK and especially the “I heard a WhatsApp rumour” they do my box in.

WhatsApp is somebody texting their mate.

Dannybhoy81 and neilly1987 like this.
  16. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Ange will be here next season mark my words. He wants to do something in Europe with us.

17. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s somebody texting their pal who read something from someone on Twitter who heard it from his gardener who also cuts Ange’s neighbours grass.

Why do people hang their hat on this *?

JML67 and neilly1987 like this.
  18. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Looks like someone has heard all the different wee Tid bits and put it all together the truth will come out in the end I think this is why people are so aggravated just now because this all this leading upto final didn’t have to happen if some stuff wasn’t leaked or if ange said yeh to questions at presser or even quashed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. jambo_cfc

Might be nothing but with barkas getting let go then surely rather than pay him off if there was a new manager due in then they would have given him pre season to assess if he could get anything out him and if not pay him off nearer end of the window

neilly1987 likes this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

Going to be an interesting day in ‘Celtic-Land’ altogether…

… from the game/outcome … the general atmosphere of the game … to APs post-match interviews (or more importantly the questions the native media desperate for him to go will ask).

Let’s get that historic 8th treble in the cupboard and then see what happens.

☘️☘️☘️