1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

Are you just baiting? I'm not upset. You're the one saying Ange is being selfish and doing us dirty, based on nothing, he's acting the same way he always does, ignoring all questions that aren't about the next game.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    Captain Brown likes this.
  2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    This. The only other stuff inbetween we have to go on is supposed ITK stuff saying it's a done deal which in itself could be 100% spot on...or a complete pile of * folk have plucked from twitter or a text message from some guy we know * all about to determine if it could be legit.

Best just enjoy tomorrow and let things play out. We'll have our answer quickly I imagine.

3. PaddyJamieson

On the one hand you're obviously spot on.

On the other hand if I don't get an answer in the next two hours I'm going to get in the scud and chain myself to the gates outside Parkhead in naked protest.

murphy88, neilly1987 and Wllm like this.
  4. PaddyJamieson

Seriously though this week has been * torture, worse than any I can remember for ages. Days have never felt so long.

5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    You are your upset about other people having an opinion and having a love for their team no man is bigger than Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Crack open a couple of cans and you'll be fine - I think...

PaddyJamieson likes this.
  7. horseshoe

That's not what I said at all, but I'm guessing you're on the bevvy now so alright, have a good night mate.

Captain Brown likes this.
  8. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve tried to avoid everything all day Friday, but here we are, Saturday 3rd June 2023. A day when history could be made. A day that could further drive a stake through the heart of this hate filled land of anti Celtic bigot dirt.

The whole week spent trying to drive a wedge between the greatest manager we have had in generations and the supporters on the eve of a cup final.

Cast your mind back to when we completed the quadruple treble. A quadruple treble!!! Where were the celebratory articles hailing footballing history? The ten page pull outs? The special editions? The tv specials?

Ange must be exasperated at the reaction to this media fuelled frenzy designed to sow the seed of disruption and disquiet.

The media have played a blinder.

Thank goodness the game is soon upon us. I hope we go out there and go for the jugular and if we win I hope Ange shoves the first microphone up the * of the dedicated * that asks him about Spurs or whatever other club they want to drive him out to.

9. FrankMcCallum

You’re miles off it here mate.

If he read this forum prior to joining in 2021, he’d have moved further away from the Gallowgate than Japan, if that’s possible.

Secondly, if he goes, he’ll be there much longer than 6 months, unless a bigger club in England or abroad want him.

The big Viduka likes this.
  10. lionhead199

Fav Celtic Player:
    brown,boruc
    Hope he stays as I've enjoyed the football, but if he leaves. Meh
    We don't stop, the club keeps going. He wasn't the start and definitely won't be the end. We will continue winning trophies. As a club we keep on rolling on to more and more success.

johnboy19 likes this.
  11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Sunday Mail headline: Spurs drop interest in Postecoglou after disappointing 7 goal win over Championship team

Subheading: Postecoglou falls back on disappointing 5 year deal and complete control of football at Celtic

12. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Even though we know there won't be any 100% confirmation of what's happening until next week I have wasted so much time at work this week just searching for rumours etc, it's been brutal.

13. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

Read the bolded bit and got a bit excited :40:

NakamuraTastic and NomDePlum like this.
  14. FrankMcCallum

So, because a few years have passed, the paying Celtic supporter has just to forget that the most unprofessional manager in our history viciously turned on the only people that supported him fervently throughout the most difficult periods in his life, and made him a multi millionaire in the process, all because we dared to question the teams form on the pitch when we couldn’t get in to the stadium?

Nah, you’re alright mate.

15. oh bhoy

im not convinced that he will go ,not to say he wouldnt be tempted or he wont find out whats on offer just dont think its a cert. sort of remember him talking about feeling responsable for bringing the japanese lads over from the other side of the world ,might factor into his thinking ( or not if they are sold this summer)

16. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

I have not read a single thing of substance which would suggest he is going to spurs. He has batted away any talk and has insisted he is focused on one thing only, as is the players, and that's the cup final. Looking back over previous statements he has made I still don't see anything but commitment to the players and the club and striving to push us onto the next level. He has said he would like to be able to speak to spurs, this means nothing. Being allowed by the club to speak to any team interested in him doesn't mean he will either talk to them or take anything that's on offer. Big difference there. I honestly don't see him going anywhere, he is an intelligent man and will know the fans and perhaps the clubs feelings towards the rat that is BR and I don't think Ange is willing to go down the route of talking up his love of the club whilst plotting to * off at first offer he's given. Also he will also know what kind of club spurs are and no doubt if he is seriously thinking about it will sound out people he trusts and get the bigger picture about what he will be dealing with if he did go there. He is totally focused on the cup final and I think alot of people will be embarrassed by some of the * being written about him both on these forums and in the poisonous smsm.
    Keep the faith folk, he is leading us into CL next season.

gazb1888 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  17. BhoyFitz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Song
    If Stephen McGowan truly is Lawwell’s man, then, that Mail article is worrying tbh.

18. jj81

Paddy , you said you'd take Kevin Muscat FFS dry your eyes

19. PaddyJamieson

Aye, so what? That was for a thread discussing potential next managers, this is a thread about Ange. If you're implying this week can't have been tough because I said I'd take Muscat here then obviously that just makes no sense. The two don't cancel each other out.

20. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    All jokes aside, start from the position of ‘Postecoglu is walking out the door at the first sign of a premiership offer like (insert name here).’

Braces you for it actually happening (and I think it will), gives you some relief from constantly checking, and gives you plenty of potential upside if he stays.

All that aside, just enjoy the game today.

PaddyJamieson likes this.