1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Don't think thats true at all. He's said repeatedly he won't comment on these matters, ever.

If anything he's being true to his word in how he behaves.

2. Slaw

I think he loves the adulation and thrives off it. It makes him and his team better. I get what you’re saying though. He is not a Celtic supporter and maybe we are guilty of projecting that onto him.

3. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Imagine Saturday we've just won the treble history makers again gets interviewed signs off with we'll go again next year we're all in!!!! Place goes * Tonto I'm still firmly in the he ain't leaving camp

Sent from my CPH2375 using Tapatalk

4. Sgt Neppers*

I think he if he could get away with not speaking to the hacks in the media, he would. And when he does speak about speculation, he doesn't entertain it. He speaks about football. The team, the progress, the challenges.

Nothing strange about the silence from him or the club in this regard, especially week of the cup final. Once this is done, it'll be clear where we all stand. All lot of folks adding 2+2 together and getting pie squared with very little info.

horseshoe and NomDePlum like this.
  5. JamesM09

It 100% would.

They’d hear it in Tottenham.

6. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    "Some of Postecoglou’s closest confidants believe he will take the leap if the Spurs position is offered to him, while his agent Frank Trimboli, a West Australian who co-founded London talent agency Base Soccer, has long-standing business ties with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy, and has been pushing his EPL credentials in the background for months."

Doesn't sound great.

7. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    It's not just that he wouldn't get time to implement his project at Spurs, will the fans even back him ? When he came here there were doubters but from day 1 there was this sense of "He's Celtic manager now so he's our guy and we back him"

8. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The jobby, or being hunted?

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Kiro Kompiro

Scott Munn is Spurs CFO. Ex Melbourne Heart/City and CFG. Will know Postecoglou very well.

10. RalstonFanClubPresident

Fav Celtic Player:
    Antoni Ralstonovic
    Based on comments I've seen from some of their fans, they're craving a team that plays good, attacking football, so if the early signs of what he's trying to do are there, maybe that buys him some leeway.

Equally though, they're an entitled bunch and after a couple bad results I could see a lot of pressure being put on Levy to make a change. A dangerous game would be against Poch's Chelsea, because get pumped in that one and he'd probably be a dead man walking.

11. Creativecelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current Team:Kyogo; Invincible Team: Brown; Seville Team: Larsson; Burns Team: McNamara
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Various
    Can I also add that SPURS owe close to a Billion in Stadium costs.

littlekennie and LectersLuncheon like this.
  12. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think his reaction after the final whistle on Saturday will speak volumes. I imagine his body language will kinda show where he's at to an extent.

The fans in the stadium won't hear any speech from him though. It's Hampden, so there won't be the chance for him to speak to the fans.

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Will be a bittersweet moment if we lift the cup and shortly after we find out the big man is off. Can't fault him for the way he's conducted himself and if he goes to the top domestic league in Europe you can't begrudge the guy as he's earned it (literally) for himself.

Hope to * we announce a long term deal (signed in the showers) and spark the treble party to end all treble parties!

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * me daily record running with a live thread on ange leaving either they really know something or it's in blind hope!

15. murphy88

That’s plenty.

Twisty, JML67, craigtheceltic and 3 others like this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    One of the dads at BSC was talking to gerogia last night and she said, "no matter what we have enjoyed glasgow and our time in glasgow"

They also gave gifts to the coaches

Darksel likes this.
  17. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    * me, hun media did exactly this before the League Cup final with Leeds… yet here we are with everyone panicking… hun media running rampant through Celtic supporters :giggle1:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Darksel

It'll feel a bit sad if he does go after saying in February that we'll be surprised how long he is here but I have to understand an opportunity like this is very rare, so I can't complain.

Sgt Neppers* and King of Kings like this.
  20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    It's amping up....and when the momentum and intensity kick in in the press and through social media, you feel there is more to it and it's seriously gaining traction. As I said, it's not Spurs the club necessarily that will attract him, it's the fact Ange knows these people at the top at Spurs on a personal level and that might give him better sway over what he needs and wants. That makes a huge difference compared to just any random club being linked to him.
    Spurs is a challenge, no top manager has had a chance to succeed. If he can turn that club around he truly would be a miracle worker and would make his mark in English football. It is a difft type of rebuild job than at Celtic but it still is a rebuild, which he thrives at.
    Would any other top 7/8 epl club gamble on him straight from Celtic? Unlikely. This is a massive once in a lifetime opportunity for him. It might not come again.

Kiro Kompiro likes this.