1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. wulliebad

One thing i have learned in life is when EPL money comes calling anything is possible. Look how many players we have lost to * clubs down there just because they have cash but will never win anything....not saying it will happen but anything is possible.

2. Slaw

You’re either a total wind up merchant or just brainless mate

3. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Oh dear I won't sleep the night now :55:
    That's the last time I give you a like on this board.:68:

4. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hearing that the reason Ange is a bit * off at present is because he's been asked to wait until the Japan tour to announce his 5 year contract extension.

6. Slaw

I think you are at it to be honest but I’ll entertain you

Brown - total rookie

Robson - total rookie and you are probably the first person in history to describe him as a Celtic legend

Dyche - anti-football merchant, although I do like him.

7. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Whys he not signed a new contract???

8. Taylor1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'll entertain you too.
    Brown a Celtic legend and learned the ropes under Strachan, Rodgers and Lennon, done his stint at Aberdeen under Glass
    and doing a good job at Fleetwood. The Celtic fans would welcome him back, I know I would.
    Robson a Celtic legend in my books, I don't care what other people think, doing a great job at Aberdeen,
    been a coach there for years too.
    Dyche a great man manager and gets the best out of teams.Would make us harder to beat in Europe.
    What's hard about that to understand ?

I had never heard of Ronny Delia and Ange Postecoglou before, so why not my three ?.

9. Slaw

Ronny Deila had won a league title with a team regarded as relegation fighters in Norway. He did a Leicester in Norway. Ange had won multiple titles across multiple countries and managed his country in the World Cup. I wanted him over Howe based on his resume.

They are to Brown and Robson what Pep Guardiola and Alex Ferguson are to Robbie Neilson and Callum Davidson.

Callum McGregor played more games for Celtic in the 2018/19 season than Robson did in his entire Celtic career. To call Barry Robson a Celtic legend is not an opinion. It’s objectively incorrect.

Dyche I can understand and that suggestion does not deserve ridicule. I just don’t think he would suit the club.

The other two are such poor suggestions they don’t even deserve to be taken remotely seriously.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Brown's done a decent job at Fleetwood, but he is miles off being considered for our next manager.

Robson, whilst also not being a Celtic legend, has had a couple of months at Aberdeen so far. He's done good, but needs a full season at Aberdeen to see how he gets on.

Dyche won't leave Everton for us, assuming he keeps them up, and I wouldn't even want him tbh, his football is beyond chronic.

NakamuraTastic and martin_d like this.
  11. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    As if Ange would even consider this. He’d be mental. They’re one of the most poisoned chalices in the PL.
    There’s every chance he’d be back out the door within two months, and that’s in the highly unlikely event that Ange suddenly starts suffering fools (which is what Levy et al most certainly are) enough to take the job in the first place.

Belgian_lad and LectersLuncheon like this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    This.

Ange will know EXACTLY what is required at Spurs.
    Their income to spend ratio is one of the lowest in the EPL. Mr Clean is a notorious meddler. They're fans are at peak rage. And the usual EPL snobbery about a Celtic manager will push them over the edge, regardless of what Grandpa Redknapp says.

Hed need at LEAST two years and about 300m to rebuild that shitehouse squad, which no manager is getting. They have nowhere near the required personnel to play Ange's style.
    He would also be blamed immediately if Kane moves on to Man U, as a scapegoat.

They'd be calling for his head after a month.

Ange is a strong character, and an intelligent man, he will always have faith in his own abilities. But Spurs is a bridge too far, Naglesmann knew it. Slot knew it. Ange will know it.

It's probably the most poisoned chalice job in UK football right now.
    They've paid close to 60m in pay offs to managers they've sacked who couldn't get a tune out of that squad.
    Every Spurs fan I know all admit the same thing, it doesn't matter who they get it. They've had legendary managers, up and coming managers, CL winning managers, old school English managers... It's the same roundabout until Levy * off.

13. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Because you're a * chimp who chats utter bollocks and derails every thread with delusional * straight out of a Sevconites wet dream.

Barry Robson a Celtic legend. Sean Dyche hard to beat in Europe. Scott Brown for new Celtic manager cuz Fleetwood...

* me.

There's no way you honestly believe that *. You're just a * stirring * hat.

14. john2061

If it's worth anything I will add a comment to this and the spurs podcasts are not impressed if Ang gets the job the usual pish he's working in the Scottish League and not worked in the big leagues so Ang won't get alot of time with the spurs fans .
    Theirs a few rumours don't know if they are true that Celtic have sounded out the man city assistant manager if Ang were to take the spurs job .

15. BigDoggyWoofWoof

People saying he willnae go to Spurs for this or that reason are kidding themselves on. It's an absolutely massive job and the timing is as good as it could be with the summer coming up.

Whether he'd get enough time is irrelevant, Celtic don't give managers time either. You back yourself and hope that if you're unjustly dismissed, other clubs will still recognise your value as a manager at that level.

Same with interfering owners and restrictive terms. He came to Celtic with no staff and took on a club where the owner will periodically sign Scottish/Irish lads for the first team with little-to-no input from the manager. If it doesn't bother him here, why would it bother him at Spurs?

He'd be mental to turn it down and I wouldn't begrudge him it one bit.

16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Celtic don't give managers time? You joking? Couldn't get rid of that useless * Lennon. Name a manager we got rid of prematurely?

martin_d likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The weight of the job is too massive. @LectersLuncheon put it eloquently. Ange knows a move to such a club would be career suicide.

18. gazb1888

* you’re

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

£10m in wages, can walk back into any job in the far east or Australia to enjoy his retirement. Is it career suicide or retirement planning?

thailandceltic and Sydneysider like this.
  20. Sydneysider

Id be gutted if Ange left, but look at it from his POV. If he took the spurs job and was sacked after six months he walks away with 10 mill tax free; Mourinho made far more from termination pay over the last 15 years than he did from salary.