1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cho Gue-sung

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Notorious, Nov 30, 2022.

Discuss Cho Gue-sung in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Celtbot

It has been revealed that Germany's Bundesliga Mainz raised the transfer fee to 3.3 million euros (approximately 4.4 billion won) to sign Cho Kyu-sung.

The official representative of Mainz, which is seeking to recruit Cho Kyu-seong, said in a phone call with KBS that Mainz recently made another offer to recruit Jeonbuk under the terms of a five-year contract and a transfer fee of 3.3 million euros (approximately 4.4 billion won).

However, Park Ji-seong, Jeonbuk's advisor, who is staying in London, UK, rejected even this proposal, and in fact, conveyed the meaning that Jeonbuk had no intention of sending Cho Kyu-sung in the transfer market this winter.

Mainz' courtship toward Cho Kyu-sung is sincere.

In mid-December of last year, Mainz coach Svensson called Cho Kyu-seong directly and delivered a fairly specific plan about where and in what tactics he would use Cho Kyu-seong in Mainz.

Fascinated by Cho Kyu-sung's performance at the World Cup in Qatar, coach Svensson is said to have confirmed his intention to recruit him by revisiting not only Jeonbuk but also all of Cho's plays during his time as managing director of Gimcheon.

With two of Mainz's current strikers out due to injury, Mainz plans to use Cho Kyu-Sung as a sense of power immediately.

It is known that Jo Kyu-seong was also inclined to Mainz in this active courtship of Mainz.

In a recent press conference held at Jeonbuk's field training, Cho Kyu-seong said, "If I don't go out in the winter, the teams that have offered me this way may not want me in the summer, and in the meantime, my price may drop or my physical condition may deteriorate. We are preparing by considering all of them." He also expressed his desire to challenge in the winter transfer market.

The prevailing opinion is that it is not easy to adapt to Europe through the winter transfer market, but it is evaluated that the situation is different for Cho Kyu-sung, who has already solved his military problems.

Analysts say that he is guaranteed a long five-year contract at Mainz, and he can focus on adapting to the team without worrying about his military service.

However, no matter how much Cho Kyu-sung wants to challenge in Europe, the final key to his overseas expansion ultimately rests with the Jeonbuk club.

Jeonbuk rejected even 3.3 million euros. The tug-of-war between Jeonbuk and Cho Kyu-seong continues with about 15 days left until the transfer window deadline.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

2. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Maybe Mainz have been the only European bidder. Maybe people who are supposedly ITK are talking * and Celtic have never actually made an offer, hence why he is talking a lot about Mainz.
    We might be the reason this is taking as long.

3. The Celtbot

Didn't the club say we bid though. Either way not expecting much anymore.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

4. DonnyCelt

Jeonbuk, what a * joke of a club.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Am sure they confirmed our bid, players agent did 100%

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  6. Ruari McCandless

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What the * was the point in ji sung Park going to London to supposedly talk to Celtic and then turn round and say he's gonna stay with his club till the summer. What a waste of * time

7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Sounds like the Mainz manager worked in South Korea. Could be a bit of an Ange type move back to his old stomping ground.

Can see him going there.

8. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Think it's time to look elsewhere or give GG the pay rise. Looks like the Korean has his preference.

Big Shoes and Morcombe like this.
  9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    So he's now being "offered" to EPL clubs whilst our offer sits in the table untouched?

Get this * so * far from Celtic FC.

Absolute soundbite flapping, kpop wannabe attention seeking * of a player.

I'll be genuinely disgusted if we sign this gaping dickhole of a human.

His attitude is * toxic as *.

Pls Celtic, withdraw the * offer and out this * to bed.

10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

World Cup hero' Cho Kyu-seong (25, Jeonbuk Hyundai), who has been seeking to advance to Europe, has decided to stay.

A K-League source said on the 14th, “Cho Kyu-sung has decided to stay in Jeonbuk. I know he made up his mind ahead of the weekend. For now, it seems that there will be no transfers this winter unless there are decisive variables such as big European leagues and large proposals from big clubs.”

With Jeonbuk's side also acknowledging that the key goalkeeper will remain, Cho Kyu-seong plans to leave for Barcelona, Spain on the 16th with Jeonbuk's team to participate in winter training in preparation for the 2023 season. Most European football winter player transfer markets are closed at the end of this month.

Cho Kyu-seong, who emerged as a star by scoring two goals in the 2022 Qatar World Cup group stage match against Ghana, actively explored Europe until recently. Mainz 05 (Germany), Celtic FC (Scotland), and Minnesota United (USA) sent 'official proposals' to Jeonbuk, and among them, Cho Kyu-seong was deeply connected to Mainz. At the same time, Jeonbuk also had a close conversation with the player. In this process, Director Park and Coach Sang-Sik Kim emphasized that "major European leagues such as Germany are in season, so winter transfers that seek immediate power can be a bit difficult for players from Asian countries, including Korea," to adapt to the K League 1 for the 2023 season. (Part 1) After the first half of the year, I suggested that we try again to advance to Europe. In a situation where there is no perfect answer, Cho Kyu-seong, who had been thinking over and over again, decided to 'stay for now' without further thinking about going to Mainz. There are still many variables such as injuries until the summer transfer market, which still has a long time left, and there is no guarantee that big league teams will show interest until then, but we decided that it would be better to stay in Jeonbuk for the time being and seek another opportunity.

Cho Kyu-seong, who had excluded Minnesota, a non-European region, from his list of possible destinations early on, was most attracted to Mainz, which started a full-fledged scouting competition starting from Christmas last year. Conditions were also good. Mainz set a basic transfer fee of 3.3 million euros (approximately 4.1 billion won), which is higher than the originally announced 3 million euros (approximately 4.03 billion won), and 50% sell-on (a portion of the transfer fee that occurs when re-transferring) put up

Celtic, which showed interest in Cho Kyu-sung almost at the same time as Mainz, made a similar offer. According to foreign media, the transfer fee was 3 million euros and 50% cell-on was charged. However, there was a crucial difference. In addition to Cho Kyu-sung, Celtic also contacted multiple candidates. Oh Hyun-gyu (22, Suwon Samsung), who accompanied the Qatar World Cup as a preliminary entry for 'Bentuho', is one of them, and it is known that a ransom of about 2.5 million euros (about 3.35 billion won) was set. On the other hand, Mainz coach Bo Svensson was active enough to directly contact Cho Kyu-sung.

Accordingly, Mainz was the one who negotiated with Jeonbuk until the latest. In the meantime, Jeonbuk has sent many players abroad, but the fact that it has never gone directly to the European big leagues has caught the situation that it was putting a lot of weight on Mainz. Park Ji-sung, technical director, had direct contact with the Mainz leadership.

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  11. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    What a * * * show these * are.

Thank *.

Now we move on to a REAL target

12. oh bhoy

still think our approach was rebuffed ages ago when we were getting the other 3 guys sorted. probably using our name to this point to generate some interest

Big Shoes likes this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think this boy is bit of a * really signs for us he will be second striker he’s quoted about being a regular ….Mainz mai. Reason for buying him is they are in a dog fight and have two main strikers injured that’s the only reason they are interested he signs their and those two strikers come back to fitness and he’s papped to the side

Hence why Maia don’t want to spend any more money effectively on a third striker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Shoes, ken and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Interesting that article says his club has never sold to European club directly must have always been hard to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  15. TheHappyLoss

Sitting on the fence a bit there mate :fear:

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Someone is lying. It could be the Germans, or it could be the South Koreans. I generally don't think Jeonbuk would offer Jo to EPL clubs if they had really demanded he stay. Jo did mention Ji-sung Pak had told him about the bad experiences of Korean players who moved in winter. I suppose that talk was persuasive.

17. PaddyJamieson

Thank * that's over. Time to move on to a proper target.

Ridiculous how * his club were throughout all this.

18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I really want him but I'm getting fed up of this now. I don't know what is happening behind the scenes but every bit of news is bad news.

Think we should move on tbh

19. Lochlin Mcghee

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of honour
    A spineless wee coward whos scared to step out his comfort zone and really test himself. Stick to vogue magazines ya *. You will be nothing and nobody in football will remember who you are.

Mystic Penguin likes this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Fed up with this story now.

It's going against everything we expected from transfer dealings under Ange. Too much of it is dragging on, for what ever reason, too much of it is played out in the media and too much of it seems to be outwith our control.

None of us had heard of him before December, wash our hands and move on.

From what I understand, we had made work permit applications for a few players not too long ago, at least two of them are strikers (Cho being one) and we've seen our name linked to a few other strikers.

Ditch this one if it's not a goer, don't waste more time or haggling with him. His choice, leave a deal on the table and move on to the next. He can come back to us with an acceptance and we will sign it off if we still need him or not.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.