1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

In the daytime? I'll miss it if so :48:

2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Next up in terms of pre-season preparations for Celtic is a 10-day training camp in Wales, which will also take in three friendly matches against Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton Athletic and Bristol City respectively.

The time away will enable Ange Postecoglou to get to know his squad better, and vice versa, with the full squad assembling after extended time off for the players on international duty, while the matches provide an opportunity to implement what has been learned on the training pitch.

“I’m really looking forward to it,” the Hoops boss said in an exclusive interview with Celtic TV. “I’ve mainly been working with the younger boys at the moment and it’s given me a really good understanding of the talent and depth we have at that level.

"It’s been a good bedding in process but there’s no doubt I can’t wait to get all the Scottish national players in and some of the other boys who have different end dates and starting dates.

“It’ll create an environment in the dressing room that I want and, hopefully, it’ll set us off on a new journey that’s going to be positive and successful for everyone."

The manager added: “They need to get to know me. They have to believe in me rather than just what I say. There’s no better chance for that when we’re together 24/7 and have plenty of opportunities to connect on and off the training pitch. We have some friendly games as well so I’m looking forward to it.

“I see friendly games as an extension of our training and our pre-season programme. It’s an important part because I want to see improvement and progress in our football during games.

“We have some really good games and challenges and they’ll be treated as part of the pre-season programme. It’s about trying to make sure we have the processes right and that the players have a clear understanding of how I want them to play.”

Ange Postecoglou has already made one addition to his squad, with the arrival of defender Osaze Urhoghide from Sheffield Wednesday, and he has a clear idea of the type of player he wants to bring to the club.

“Sometimes we fall in the trap of just signing footballers,” he said. “We’re signing people and how they are as a person is important to me. What they’re own feelings are about the club is important.

'Celtic is a club with great traditions and history but it’s also a club of great standing and high values and I won’t let anyone use this club as a vehicle for individual purposes.'

“They need to understand there’s a responsibility when you come here and you can create and experience some fantastic things here. I want people to come to Celtic because they want to play for this football club, not because of individual ambitions to do something else.

“What I’ll guarantee them is they’ll develop to their full potential here.”

The UEFA Champions League qualifier against FC Midtjylland is looming on the horizon, with the first leg at Celtic Park on July 20, but the Celtic manager is concentrating on the training sessions and friendly matches that will come before then.

“My most narrow focus is on each day,” he said. “If you look too far ahead, you miss the opportunity to improve now. For me, today is the most important day today and then tomorrow will be the most important day after that. Hopefully, when we get round to the game against Midtjylland, we’ll be ready.”

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Aye mate. 3pm

4. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

He's saying all the right things, love the * already. Hope to * he's a success here.

5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* :67:

I'll know by the thread on here how we've played at least :50:

6. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Wednesday against Wednesday.

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Poach all their players first so we scud them.

VT8, Twisty and MacEwan like this.
  8. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

They didn’t stick with Rodgers due to money they couldn’t keep up with what he wanted and Rodgers wanted a route back to the PL and we were it. As for Lennon he had been here before and won leagues but he was not everyone’s first choice we wanted Rafa, or another name of the calibre but lazy Lawell couldn’t be arsed to go through the recruitment process and went on emotion when we won the cup with Lenny in temp charge.

You have to understand that we are getting a person totally unknown to us that’s not to say he’s not gonna be a big hit personally I pray he is, nothing would make me happier than Ange sticking it to Gerrard and that bstd King.
    And we will support him all the way but he won’t get long or much leeway from sections of the media and fans so please don’t be offended because we’re not back flipping with Ange if he beats the huns 4 times and wins the league I’ll try but I’m nearly 60 so it might not end well

trackebhoy likes this.
  9. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If we're to win back the league, Eddy will be pivotal, he was in a shambles of a setup last season and still contributed over 20 goals, if Ange can get the team around him sorted, a fully firing Eddy will be vital to our season.

The league is basically a £40M season with the automatic CL place up for grabs, makes far more sense keeping him (so long as Ange can get him on board) where he has the ability to take us places in Europe and win the league which we will make far more money from rather than selling an irreplaceable player on our budget with 50% of the profit apparently going back to PSG anyway.

richie87 likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No under 21's allowed just incase..

11. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Can we replace the Lennon Emoji's with big Ange pls, I want to be able to spam them everywhere :fear:

12. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    * LOVED THAT! that tells me enough about his style and his passion, nothing negative always positive. This is the sort of coaching the young boys with thrive on, coaching like that give self belief and a togetherness, something missing from our squad in years.

Crilly and Peej like this.
  13. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yeah that was a bit strange I thought, unless Ange had already fist bumped Eddy before it

14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    That was actually better than the football on show last season :fear:

AdamRS likes this.
  15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    No doubt the miced up and fan media conference were pushed by mckay really good and refreshing took so much away from that video one thing is clear edouard is out the door he didn’t say good morning to him barkas saved a sloppy shot from edouard ange praised barkas but didn’t go off his head at how pish poor edouard was ... defo for the off in the managers mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Great wee video.

17. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Kennedy and Strachan Jr are sadly still there at this present moment, useless leeches

NomDePlum likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Reckon you are reading too much in to that one Kennie :56:
    Certainly seems unlikely he stays beyond August, but surely reading too much in to that bud!

Ange came across as someone who is willing to praise someone, rather than shoot someone down. Mind both Edouard and Barkas are our players right now and he needs to encourage both. It was a reasonable save (nothing unexpected) and a reasonably poor shot. It is better in that case to praise Barkas and build his confidence, than berate Edouard - which would drop his and do nothing for Barkas.

It is psychological but very simple.

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye a just seen JK what I watched it again.

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Didn't actually see them. Must be blocking them out automatically so they don't spoil it for me.

Twisty and Peej like this.