1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ange Postecoglou

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, May 29, 2021.

Discuss Ange Postecoglou in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

"His wife having a serious illness WAS his excuse" - unbelievable that anyone would even think that!

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It wasn’t an excuse. It was the reason he left. Calling it an excuse implies he used his wife’s illness to get away from Celtic.

Anyway back on topic, just watched the video of Martin talking about Ange and last season. If that’s the reason for the abuse on the last page then some people need to chill the * out.

Edit. Misread that SuperZidane, apologies.

3. SuperZidane

I agree but it's a thing with managers. When Sam Allardyce got caught in a legal but highly unethical deal and had to resign from the England job - Alex Ferguson went on a rant, blamed the press + FA for everything and made a big show of having Allardyce as his guest at Old Trafford.

I'm a massive MON fan and some managers are treated harshly but to say that Lennon was is just bullshit.

Frankly, at pretty much any other club, he'd have been gone in September and should have been.

4. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The narrative that has been built is that somehow the we, the high maintenance, moon howling fans of Celtic forced Lennon out. Not Lennon's performance.

MoN has just perpetuated that garbage with his comments. Again, refusing to mention Lennon's results.

It's disgraceful imo.

Ange has a big enough job ahead of him as it is, having an ex manager (and indeed, Celtic hero) chime in and chatting * about how unreasonable we are, and how harshly the last manager was treated, is downright disgusting.

Just another example of the nepotism I'm and around our club that's been a pest for so long.

I wonder if Martin would have been quite so defensive of NL if, not Ange, but his and DD's chum Roy Keane had been appointed. Somehow methinks it would have been "unfortunate", or "part of the game".

Ange would do well to close his ears to everyone and everything, outwith the club itself in these opening months.

5. Mr Cleansheets

You can be absolutely confident that's exactly what he will do.

He's already said a couple of times that thousands of people are offering him advice but in the end the decisions will be his and his alone. Hopefully that means no interference from the board.

Lebo, The big Viduka and Noskeil like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If guys like MON buy sometime for Ange before we go for the throat and somehow makes the fans realise their own behaviour then I’m happy with that.

He needs time. We’ll probably get beat by Midtjylland and there’s every chance after that we’ll turn into the moon howlers * say that we don’t do.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  7. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Never knew you worked for the De Beers.

8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Got the feeling from him instantly, he’s very much an Aussie bloke, knowing a few from family they don’t mix their words and have their own opinions. I really do hope he does well here, I think he’s the sort of character we as a club needs as well as European football. A wee culture shock to upset the nest.

Lebo and The big Viduka like this.
  9. AussieGreek

Ange Postecoglou ready to make decisions on Celtic squad as he warns some players won't cope with his demands

“My experience tells me that in the environment I create, some people thrive for sure,” said Postecoglou.

“But others will really struggle - and you don’t have a choice in who they are going to be. That’s how I measure staff and players.

“I know people are keen to know what changes we are going to make. But I come from the perspective that we would rather make the decisions ourselves, after we change the environment, rather than relying on (others).

“There are decisions I have to take responsibility for, so I will make them. I think some of the players will definitely thrive in the environment. That will make decisions easy.”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/ange-postecoglou-ready-to-make-decisions-on-celtic-squad-as-he-warns-some-players-wont-cope-with-his-demands-3288146?amp

King of Kings and thailandceltic like this.
  10. Lewis Kerr

Obviously think Ange has a massive task on his hand and wouldn't surprise me at all if it goes south, but for the first time in a while I'm properly excited about Celtic and the season ahead.

Felt utterly detached and disillusioned with everything about the club since the Ferencvaros debacle. It's nice to feel somewhat optimistic again.

11. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Daily record says you blokes still in hunt for brighton/arsenal keeper Tim Ryan.
    Fair * shake of the sauce bottle but i have it on good authority that Matt Ryan is a better keeper

12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    than who?

13. The big Viduka

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Ti
    Tim ryan whoever the * tim ryan is:39:

SuperZidane and Liam Scales like this.
  14. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Agree. That is water under the bridge. Lennnon has gone. Howe was a 'no show'. Ange is here. Let us look forward, drop the negative vibes because it does you no good. New season, new start, the only way is up lads !

thailandceltic likes this.
  15. Mr Cleansheets

Mat Ryan >>> Matt Ryan

VT8, The big Viduka and Liam Scales like this.
  16. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Just in this morning. Harry Souttar, Daniel Atkinson, Daniel Arzani, Duke, McGree et al ,named in the Australian Ollyroos squad to play in the Olympics. Will be playing Argentina, Spain, Egypt on the world stage . Will give us the chance to watch these boys in action at the top level.

OziBeerMan and The big Viduka like this.
  17. George Theodorou

Fav Celtic Player:
    tommy gemmell
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all are good
    Sorry , Nathaniel Atkinson was who I meant.

18. SuperZidane

Quality reporting from the Daily Ranger as always.

19. Mr Cleansheets

If anyone gets a chance to watch Olympic football, Riley McGree is my best tip for a potential Oz target (beyond Ryan and a very unlikely Mooy).

McGree's 22, attacking midfielder at Birmingham who just broke into the team towards the end of last season. Seriously talented player who would cost * all and likely to be the next Aaron Mooy in Oz football.

That said, Ange has shown no inclination to buy Australians when he was at Yokohama and may well be wary of doing so now, for appearances sake. I'd be amazed if he went for McGree but he'd certainly know about him, and he'd be very good value.

OziBeerMan likes this.
  20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

We've been linked with him before. Seems the sort of signing we'd make even before Ange was through the door so every chance we'll be monitoring him still.

https://www.talkceltic.net/forums/threads/riley-mcgree.143936/

Mr Cleansheets likes this.