1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He should make a statement to players and actually drop the. From match squad this team doesn’t need them to win that game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Also like to add after great performance like that ... and he goes and changes it back to brown and co and we drop points again the. He s gotta go surely the most stubborn board can see that

Peej and thailandceltic like this.
  3. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Although I agree with this, he also said we were breathtaking last week. So I’m not paying to much attention to what he’s says.
    The acid test will come at the weekend if he has the conviction to play these same players that put in a performance tonight.
    Also after hinting “we need to be careful...” with Soro and Turnbull etc, I’ll be very surprised if he doesn’t revert to type and play the old guard.
    Christ, it took him ages to makes subs as per tonight.
    Does he ever learn??

Peej likes this.
  4. oh bhoy

lennon really doesnt know when to shut his trap

76mark likes this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Scott Brown would make a good assistant manager

7. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah that worried me aswell didnt take long before his backsliding started to show its face again, the new guys should be fit, they should be training and playing bounce games regularly, but then again are they being trained properly ? they looked quite fit and lasted well into the game

that was a top side tonight we beat can anyone say that brown ntcham and christie would have had the same effect as soro turnbull and henderson, in my honest opinion had we went with that first 3 tonight wed have been gubbed tonight and it would have been another apathetic lethargic performance

cmon neil play the guys who want to play that have desire

Big els, Peej, Mickmac and 1 other person like this.
  8. SuperZidane

I agree. The plus point tonight was the potential shown by Soro and Turnbull in particular - Klimala also worked his **** off but is definitely suited to a front 2. Hazard was impressive also - certainly didn't look like a step down from Bain or Barkas.

I honestly think some people are giving Lennon way too much credit tonight. How long have people been calling out that Brown is actually dragging the team down and you can tell after 10 minutes if Ntcham has turned up or not. Christie's work rate is admirable but he shoots from anywhere, wastes opportunities and his corners are ****.

Soro, Turnbull and Rogic should have had much more game time. However, Lennon has persisted with Brown, Ntcham and Christie. Let's face it - this was a "dead" match - there is no way he would have played this team if it hadn't been.

If Lennon hadn't been so pig headed this season, we wouldn't now be relying on the Huns to drop points.

I have always maintained that we have a better squad than Rangers - they are just better coached. I had high expectations of Turnbull (having watched him at Motherwell) and he certainly matched those - Soro was great and I hadn't anticipated that level of performance.

As ever, the 3 second half substitutions were made with 10 minutes and 3 minutes to go ??.

I'm heartened about the level of quality in our squad. To be honest, I'm even more certain that Lennon isn't the man to take us forward. As you say - a modern progressive coach could really make something of these players and that isn't Lennon and never has been.

9. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What are you basing this on?

10. Paul McAuley

Basing it probably on the fact Lennon couldn’t start him week in week oot.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

12. 76mark

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul Elliot
    Fav Celtic Song:
    HH
    Don’t be fooled, it’s a reflection of the quality of his coaching style & his mental nous, that he has waited till halfway through December to realise he better change personnel. Simply papering over the cracks. However, get a credible new coach in and we have a solid basis going forward. Again... don’t be suckered in... the longer Lenny is here, the more damage is done to the title hopes. HH

Peej likes this.
  13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Blended into the side? He has been over his injury for a while so you can’t use that excuse at all for me.

He has been ready since the start of the season. Lennon chased him for more than a year and then when signed never played? Absolutely criminal because he wanted to play with his favourites.

He was the best player in Scotland outside of us that season we tried to sign him first we all knew he had the quality.

No need to acclimatise he was just coming from down the road at Motherwell.

My point still stands for me, should have been playing long before now.

Crilly likes this.
  14. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

If we are going to lose the league this season I’d rather lose it with the team last night that actually want to play for Celtic. We’ve been needing a pick me up for months and the team last night gave us that.

saltire78, Rydo1888*, Crilly and 6 others like this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Yep, was a bittersweet victory last night tbh. We got a glimpse at what we could and should have been doing all season - with every chance Lennon drops the boys who played so well come Sunday.

We've been badly lacking Soro and Turnbull in that midfield game after game and they've been nowhere to be seen. Hopefully they proved their worth and get a run in the side.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. Aidan O’Shea

Great to see us turn a corner. Where are the ‘he eats loads of chips and is morbidly obese’ brigade now?

Never in doubt.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah agree here.

It's my fear (along with bigger issues of lack of coaching etc) that he reverts to type.

He's all over the shop with his comments, he needs to start being held to account for them as well.

Moaned at Clarke for playing Christie three games in a week, then proceeded to play brown for 4 in 9 days.

I will not buy Turnbull and soro not being fit enough for Sunday, not at all. .

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Big els likes this.
  18. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He certainly won't be sacked after last night. So, I might as well hope to * he wants to clear his tarnished name. Or at least act logically, and start players that gave us a win last night.

Crilly likes this.
  19. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Been critical of him but credit where its fue we looked good last night showed a team full of hubger and players desperate to dhow their talent hope now the players to c9me 8n show theirs now their places are far from guaranteed

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Literally said five minutes before kick off he wasn't looking for a catalyst.

All over the shop

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk