1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celticbhoy97

Gonny enjoy a good performance until the Team lines are announced Sunday with Brown and Christie Starting

Rydo1888*, Lennon1888, Doogs. and 2 others like this.
  2. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Throw of the dice, there was nothing else left but play other players and they’ve stepped up and done the job and magnificently against a top class outfit.

There was one moment during the game that I think may have more of an impact than anything else.
    Turnbull going off and sitting between the “first team” subs. Their reaction towards him shows they may just get an itch to lift their heads and come out of the doldrums.

I only hope something from tonight sticks and everyone at the club has learned a bit about themselves and each other, the manager most importantly.

A * of light is all it is, I’m under no illusion. What I can say is I’m very interested in what happens in the next game - I haven’t felt that in a while.

3. gazb1888

All of a sudden want to vomit... :99:

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    'We just need to be careful with them'

That was the standout comment for me. I think he'll revert back to type on Sunday and I'm goanny be fizzing AGAIN

5. Dubliner1

I can tell you now BOTH start unless they pick up a niggle before Sunday

seanm likes this.
  6. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Those younger bhoys deserved a start a long time ago.

Jury is still out for me but I truly hope to * this is not just a flash in the pan result.

Peej likes this.
  7. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

NL: I’m delighted. It was a great performance against a good team. I’m really pleased we finished with a win. Good goals, and a good team work ethic. The lads have deserved that."

NL:
    "I thought Soro had a great game. Read the game brilliantly and fitness levels were good.
    @10DavidTurnbull
    had a hand in all the goals and was outstanding. Great finish for the third, really enjoyed that one.

NL: "Hopefully this acts as a catalyst. There’s a long way to go in the season. It’s not beyond us at all and we are very determined to turn things around."

8. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The problem is I just don't see him not playing Brown and Edouard in the final when neither really deserve it

littlekennie, seanm and Peej like this.
  9. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    A big test for Lennon...does he stubbornly double down and bring Brown back in against all evidence and logic...or does he play Soro, who has been extremely patient, not kicked up a fuss...and who is 10 times the player Brown, Christie and Ntcham- are. Your call Neil. It pains me to see how little game time him and Turnbull have had.

10. Maestro 08

I don't think they start on Sunday. It will be same back 4, Brown/Mcgregor/Rogic Christie off the right, Moi off the left and Eddy up top. Turnbull, Soro and Klimala to see minutes later on.

I think that decision was made before this game tonight

11. seanm

still get lennon to *. doesnt make a blind bit of difference . and that * tory board.HH

Gully Sands likes this.
  12. seanm

edouard especially. been crap and not interested. hes off in january.HH

13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I have no confidence in him to make the right decisions.

Scott Brown's Celtic career should be over, let him go off and do his coaching badges. He might be good to have around the dressing room but his playing days are finished, or at least limited to sub appearances when guys like Soro, Turnbull and Henderson need a rest.

We now need a settled shape and system. Is it 4231 or 433 or 352?

I'm still very sceptical about our league chances under him.

We must win all 3 remaining games against the Klan.

FranceCelt likes this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

15. saltire78

I disagree. Even though he's 'over' his injury, it's only right that he was blended into the team as he fully comes to what it's like at a bigger club. Was a big fan of going back for him as soon as he was fit, but squandering him when he needed a little time to fit in and acclimatise to our more stringent setup made sense. The covid thing was just a further delay. More time yes, just throwing him in, no!

Really hope he's going to be our new powerhouse in midfield going on. Deserved the goal, and to stay in the team now. Let so so called '1st team's colleagues sub for him, and hopefully some of their arrogance will be knocked outta them. Same as Soro

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Yeah it's a tough audience when yer lookin at 3 wins in 13 games.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Canny wait to see how he fits Turnbull and Soro in alongside Christie Ntcham and Brown.

19. davidhannah

Every game until the old firm is a cup final for Lenny! I've accepted that he's here to stay until January against the will of the supporters. But I accept it, and I'm prepared to back him on a game by game basis until that old firm - the board have chosen to live and die on that sword. Huns haven't lost a game all season. As it stands we're chasing the title. Go out and prove us all wrong Lenny particularly the fans outside Parkhead on Sunday.

I also hope he gives John Kennedy a slap in the face and tells the * to cheer up. It looks like they can't stand each other. Kennedy is not fit to lace Neil Lennon's boots.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  20. Sgt Neppers*

A good win, that gives us a wee bit of respite from the aftermath we've been dealing with after games recently. Glad Lennon stuck to his word and made the changes required for the start of the game. Also a bit of pressure off the players and management.

However, this win has raised some other issues. Why haven't Soro, Turnbull and Klimala been given more time than they have?! Watching Soro in CM was as refreshing as an ice cold pint on a gorgeous summers day, such as we have become accustomed to Brown's turgid, tired negative game. The pressing, passing, especially forward passing and energy all there and what this team needs.

Turnbull, similar. His work rate. Ball control and eye for pass all as refreshing. Far better than Christies shoot on sight policy and dire set pieces. Klimala, definitely a diamond in the rough but again similar to Soro and Turnbull, the effort and desire is there. Would definitely benefit with Griff beside him. We cannot use the pish excuse that players aren't fit, clearly they are and are busting for a proper chance.

Positives are there tonight, question now is, is Lennon aware and brave enough to carry on this. The tried and tested players aren't doing it and not interested or in Brooneys case not able any more. If we had a proper modern coach, capable of progressing players, Turnbull and Soro could flourish. As much as a win pleases me, still major issues that Lennon can't solve but can certainly not humiliate the team or himself as bad as recent months.

Be brave Lenny.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020