1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley

The vitreol he mentions thrown at our manager by fans pales into insignificance compared to what i was shouting at the radio when this old helmet started spouting his usual crap!!!

Gyp Rosetti, The Phoenix and Tomas like this.
  2. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Guy is a roaster. Comparing it to the 90’s again, and you can bet he though Celts for Change was a bunch of bampots then too.

Keep hearing this no divine right to win titles, yes we accept that, but we cannot accept surrendering them without a fight, it’s an utter disgrace the situation we are in.

3. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Laurie from Denniston, legendary moonhowler. :56:

4. Gerry1972 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Colour me surprised.

TheWolf likes this.
  5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    In terms of getting backed, it's interesting that (if you take Rodgers' first summer out of the equation). Lenny, Ronny and Rodgers all seem to have spent a lot of money on players that never played. Seriously: how many threads have we accumulated by now on players that we bought and almost never played? A cynic might almost think the managers never actually wanted these players in the first place.

Is it being backed if they board spend money on a player you never asked for?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    MagicBallBhoy and Sonic Reducer like this.
  6. StevieBhoooy!

Laurie is from the variety of a particularly vile sort of Celtic fan that loves to be contrary and spout his board bandwagon Pish on air...

He used to call in crying (literally) that he couldn’t afford to go to games and had folk donating tickets and lending him their ST....

Then as son as Rodgers arrived he’s bought season tickets for his whole family and going to european games....

He’s exactly what Lawwell wants in the stands as he is fully on-board with the OF agenda.

Absolute *!

7. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

That show is run by Huns, presented by Huns and only listened to by Huns, or gullible Tims, who they set up gleefully. They are a laughing stock and in no way representative of meaningful football discussion in Glasgow. They are like the Record and the Sun but the radio equivalent.

TIART and Twisty like this.
  8. CountyDownFaithful

Board caught cold and unable to come up with an interim or long term manager. A dereliction of duty.

Lennon is a footballing dinosaur hanging onto his last big time job by a thread.

We are * beyond this season

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  9. freitassen

I am looking at the list of players signed by Deila on the first season. All of them, bar Michael Duffy, played a few times. The one who played the least was Wakaso, who came on loan already in September and played 11 matches.

Second season, same thing. Except for Carlton Cole, but there is a very good reason for this. Eventually, even guys visibly less exciting and promising than Shved and Soro had their chance. Such as Scott Allan.

With Rodgers, the signings he refused to play with were the likes of Musonda and Marvin Compper, for which there were good reasons for.

The only who mysteriously sign young players only to leave them rotting in the bench with no reasonable excuse other than "muh fitness" is Lennon. Not to mention the queue of academy players waiting for a game and getting more and more frustrated, at a time that Brown has to play every single minute of football possible.

I am extremely critical of the board but Lennon cannot play this card. He got relatively good signs, instead of the crap Deila had to work with, and wasted them. Laxalt, Barkas, Duffy are very good players on paper. It is an extreme coincidence that all of them discover they are * at Celtic. Almost as if the problem is with the manager, or something.

At this point, I don't even write off the possibility of Bolingoli being a good player. Seriously.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  10. JamesM09

Bolingoli is a good footballer but needed very intense coaching. He was never going to get that from Lennon.

11. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    It’s deluded so called fan’s like Laurie spouting pish like That defending the indefensible that is part of the reason we’re in the state we are in

JamesM09 likes this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Castagne was not realistic Schar and Piccini were though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Vitreol is that * lauries fav word honestly think it’s a old hun * that’s trolling when he phones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Bonobhoy

Laurie.....the * *

15. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Hearing Lauries name mentioned was always an excuse to turn off the radio, the * got a thesaurus for Xmas and assumed his vocabulary meant his * opinions carry weight. Forgot he even existed, not listened too that hun fiesta of a show in years.

TIART and The Phoenix like this.
  16. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes, Wakaso, Shved, Soro, Allen, Compper... all excellent examples of what I was talking about. I remember posts on most of these mystified as to either why we signed them (if they were *) or why they weren't really getting a chance (if not). There's a fair few more like that too. 3 different managers not just Lenny (one of whom- Rodgers- is undoubtedly one of the best coaches in the UK). Common denominator?

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Barca got pumped tonight, Greizmann comes out with this:

Apart from McGregor that one time, weird how no one at our club can actually come out with an honest review of our side.

I do not believe they are all this delusional, maybe Lennon is, but the rest are forced to say the positive *. In fact, other than Brown, was McGregor rant a few weeks back the last time a player done post match?

TIART and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  18. wulliebad

I would keep those that signed last window as they signed up to play under lenny(bar duffy),i would also keep griff and klimala,taylor,frimingpong and jullien.The ones that have been injured and want to stay,but the rest that play most weeks and don't * try can * off.

19. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    * I hate that *.

20. Connolly08

Behind the scenes is there more going on with Lennon than we know? I'm talking at a personal level and if so its obviously something the club are going to keep on the low down and not something that's going to be leaked into the media.

Just think the statement yesterday was very cryptic and went on to mention - "Equally important is to continue to operate according to our Club’s values. The Board has come to the conclusion that our collective objective is best served by continuing to support Neil and his team as they seek solutions for those challenges."

No other manager in Celtics history has survived this kind of form... I just wonder if at this time the club are supporting him through something personal, which as an employer they'd have a duty of care. The psychologist rings alarm bells for me, and the lack of action from the board leads to speculation of something more serious going on behind the scenes.