1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SteveyNico67

I have to admit I was thinking this but I’ve rethought.

Jack Ross again constitutes another cheap appointment yes man type manager.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I expect a Blockbuster managerial appointment announced. Today. We got Rodgers so it can be done. That’s no disrespect to Jack, but we need a monster not a puppy

2. jj81

Sums it up , why I'm not not even posting much on the subject , everyone knows this but still try to find an angle of blame , every player has been slated , I agree with that to an extent as they are on good money and have a job to do.

To see a team of multiple league winners , give or take a few , go from last few seasons to this is disturbing , something has defo gone down behind the scenes ( not a fact , I don't know a good cabbie) self destruct mode , and the board seen this and backed him to the hilt one bad result to the other as if its ok lenny is a celtic man he will get more time. Rotten to the on the board.

Lennons tactics and selection is obvious, can't make the right subs, and or at the same time , mostly too late.

Has favourites , has broony playing 3 games a week in our most important season , why have sore, turnbull? And more

Throw Duffy on with 8 mins left when we need a goal , just crazy stuff , clinging on, just 1 example.

Interviews after games trying to fool fans into believing he knows what he's doing , I never wanted him after Rodgers, I did back him though, just disgusted more with the board though.

3. Sydneysider

Some will go because they want to, some we are stuck with. The former will soon be on social media crowing about their new apartment/ car/ tramp etc

4. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    might just be the B&M knock off Fabreeze this year fella! Haha

Peter T. Lawwell Esq likes this.
  5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  6. SteveyNico67

Who’s this * * guy
    Is he Norwegian?

7. JamesM09

Jack Ross would be a * disaster.

He’s done * all to deserve even being mentioned in the same breath as Celtic.

He would do * all with a budget because he has no contacts, no experience, no experience picking out players.

He looks the part and that’s about it.

From what I’ve heard players think he’s a joke and take the * out of him.

If it’s Jack Ross we might as well pack the whole thing in. I don’t know why anyone would see us go from Rodgers to Lennon, and how much of a disaster it’s been, and then think - ‘Aye but Jack Ross’. * me guys.

It should be the best manager available in European Football that’s willing to come here. Not * Jack Ross, a bang average Hibs manager that probably will be sacked from there within 18 months.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I know never said that s who a wanted, if they want jacko rossilini then they ve not watched “ Sunderland till a die “, probably a lot of * anyway

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Jack Ross? Lol. If that happens then * it. I'm not watching anymore.

10. DonnyCelt

Sacked this morning. Surley to * this is to happen.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Modern footballers need to be handled differently unfortunately. The era of man up etc is over.

Lennon is a dinosaur regarding this, not only that but tactics, formations and coaching.

I am not disputing about fans spending money I for one cancelled £300 worth of stuff recently, that’s down to me sticking it to the board.

The only way the players are going to effect change is to down tools, they have no other way.

something is wrong at the club and it’s Lennon, clearly. The fact of the matter is he is blaming every * and their dog before he takes any responsibility.

12. Slaw

In the last 3 hours of football at Celtic Park against Ross County and St. Johnstone we have scored one goal, a fluke header.

Lennon1888, Sgt Neppers* and Artorias like this.
  13. Maestro 08

Anyway 'turning it around' for Lennon would be...playing * football and losing to.....playing * football and winning. The performances have been poor for a long time. We hit a purple patch at the beginning of the year aside from that it's been pretty uninspiring under him.

Artorias likes this.
  14. Maestro 08

1 up front with 3 CB's against St Johnstone is bad enough but at home with them having 10 men behind the ball is just wrong and we wonder why we are struggling to create chances. * poor management. However it happens just get him gone and let's start to repair some of this damage.

Artorias likes this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Purple patch happened when we went 2 strikers. Whod have thought...

16. Maestro 08

Not just any front 2 though. Griffiths and Eddy are on the same wavelength and their link up is excellent they create chances from nothing for each other. It was the same again last night but he's been so reluctant to go with it. I don't understand it.

17. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Today is the day

Hopefully

DonnyCelt likes this.
  18. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    This is where everyone is wrong they never had 10 behind defending they were pressing us high haha its embarrassing they all know we will just tippy tappy and not put them under real pressure.

19. Maestro 08

From what I watched they had 10men behind the ball. Let us have it in our own half passing side to side until it goes to the wingbacks and then press hard and counter. Think that's what most teams have been doing to us domestically.

20. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    What is it that's keeping him in a job? Pure stubbornness? Tight fisted greed? Old pals act? No other Celtic manager would survive these results and performances.