1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 26, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think it's hard to judge how things will pan out in this situation, there's so many factors beyond simply 'who's the better option'.

• Valle will need plenty minutes if we want to sign him permanently
    • Barca might not even allow it regardless
    • Taylor is a senior member of the squad and in the leadership group, so bombing him out could cause issues in the squad with regards confidence
    • He's also still not signed a new deal so Rodgers would be well within his rights to drop him if that continues

Tricky situation all round. Don't think there is a right answer here, probably see us using both of them on a rotational basis is what I'd guess.

BelfastBhoy74 likes this.
  2. Foley1888

I think yesterday was his best display for us, he looked more aware of the system, where he should be on the ball, off the ball, when to go wide and come in. Great ball for the 2nd goal.

The longer he gets in the team the better I think he will get and that has shown already as he has come on I feel every time I see him.

I actually think the only things Taylor has over Valle is experience and there for integration with our system and senior football experience of the Scottish league.

3. BelfastBhoy74

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields

Agree with the tricky bit - I like the kid and having him around is brilliant, but not knowing if there is even the slimmest of chances that he will stay, means that investment in him to the detriment of the position in the squad (ie lack of investment, encouragement, loyalty to Greg or someone else) seems a little shortsighted....

Double Dutch likes this.
  4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Shortsighted yes, but could also be seen as a risk worth taking if we manage to develop him well then sign on a permanent. Then it's worth the risk.

No way of knowing what will happen though, it's a gamble either way.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm a big fan of Taylor and want him to extend his contract. No idea if Taylor fancies a move elsewhere as there was a rumour floating about that his Mrs wants a move to the USA. Certainly seems plausible. The longer a new contract isn't signed, the more likely it looks that Taylor will be going, which would see us without a left back going into next summer's window.

I think we should persist with Valle as the starting left back at the moment. I think he's an upgrade on Taylor and has potential to develop.

Whether we can convince Valle and Barca to do a permanent deal is another story.

greengrocer likes this.