1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by dbhoy72, Aug 29, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Auston Trusty in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. stevoEOS

He’s not * however we needed an upgrade on Scales (who has been excellent overall this season) to take us to the next level & this guy is clearly not that. Given the money we wasted on Nawrocki & Lagerbielke it’s a bit of a shitshow we’ve spent poorly in the same position.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2024 at 11:44 AM
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That’s the word.

There’s very little aggression there or real intensity.

T.Rogne25 and NomDePlum like this.
  3. Foley1888

I thought he had a good first half along with Scales. Their big chance I think despite being wrong side Trusty is winning the ball off Keskinen until Johnston dives in and creates a problem by playing Clarkson in.

Second half he isn’t great at their second goal or just before that when he stumbles. However, Scales is rank at Aberdeens first, he is deeper than the defensive line playing the striker on and totally unaware where Sokler is, better positioning and awareness and that goal is easily avoided, a nice goal from an Aberdeen point of view but shambolic defending from us.

The way I would summarise Trusty up is, he is disappointing as you would want our main centre back signing to be a proper starter but I don’t think he is this terrible player much worse than all our centre backs other than CCV.

A lot of people blaming the new signings for that yesterday, I think you could easily point the finger at the old guard of McGregor and Forrest, or popular players like Maeda. I actually think the only player in our squad that had a proper stinker yesterday was Maeda.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2024 at 9:41 PM
    Mr Hoopy and Crilly like this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Just looks so uncomfortable on the ball..

As if he's panicking before he even gets it..

Still early days, playing on the wrong side and no Carter-Vickers..

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Mr. Slippyfist

Christ I mind Carl Starfelt used to frustrate the life out of me.

He's like * Cannavaro compared to what we have now...

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Good comparison tbh, Starfelt looked every bit as poor as Trusty has after a few games and most had written him off entirely…

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Difference with Starfelt straight away was that you could see he was uncomfortable on the left hand side of defence. Trusty doesn't seem THAT uncomfortable on the right (albeit not his natural side) but he just looks uncomfortable actually defending, although of course he has shown good flashes in games.

He needs to play beside CCV before we see the best of him. My question though would be is he going to be any better than Scales?

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

At this point no chance but that can change quickly. That’s down to Scales being much better than most thought had it in him.

JC Anton likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

You must be at the wind up.

JC Anton likes this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah seen an Aberdeen boy burst by him like he forgot how to run. I actually like him though and think we should give him a chance on his side. Has a great pass.

11. FrankMcCallum

He’s rapid when he gets going over a long distance but he looks slow and awkward on the turn to me. Big difference.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I'd agree with that..

neilly1987 and FrankMcCallum like this.
  13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He’s definitely rapid in a foot race, his perceived delay in turning to me seems like him not being up to speed with the Scottish game more than anything. A mental thing, he’s got caught out a few times by not being switched on to the speed the danger is coming. Playing on the wrong side won’t help that either.

JC Anton likes this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Aye, thats not pace. His pace is good. Made Duke look like me.

neilly1987 likes this.
  15. Sean Treacy

His passing/playing out from the back is non existent, all his passes are simple easy options, usually sideways, and its all because he is so one footed. Thats why I would love to see him on the left, then we see him being a bit more adventurous.
    He just looks so uncomposed on the ball.

16. T.Rogne25

Would probably be the first thing you’d look for in our style.. again recruitment patheitc.

That is what 6m gets you these days, mind it used go get you Chris Sutton who could play centre half better than this * *.

17. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    No aggression I'd agree with.

He so far seems another nice, lackadaisical type. I'd like to see him get some games alongside CCV but I doubt that's gonna happen soon due to Scales.

18. Foley1888

Just watching back that second goal and got to question what is he actually doing there?

Even taking into account he hasn’t shut Shinnie down and he is far too deep, the shot is right at him, I have no idea how he has let that go through him. It was probably harder to not block that shot.

19. GazF1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonathan Gould
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Bella Ciao
    Know a lot of luck is involved with deflections but the way he positions himself makes it much more likely to hit off him and be goalbound. 2 deflected goals already with Adeyemi & Shinnie. He doesn't angle himself properly to block the shot.

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guy in work maintains he is so left sided he is constantly off balance and kilter. Starfelt could play left of the CB no worries but he maintains its more difficult for a lefty to do it. I just think he's a * dud and total waste of £6m