1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

SPFL Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Oct 6, 2024.

Discuss Celtic V Aberdeen Saturday October 19th kick off 3PM Celtic Tv in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    i like it that way :56:

cas79 likes this.
  2. kenniemk2

Killie at home on Astro after a national team break I can see rangers drawing unless the referees have something up their sleeve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rydo1888*, cas79 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  3. celtic20

In terms of the bigger picture I’m not really concerned. Celtic will finish plenty of points ahead of Aberdeen

Wllm likes this.
  4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Some game to be fair to them. We were slack at the back for their goals though.

5. Waiting For An Alibi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johnston
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's been mentioned a million times on here, but the sooner we get a Wanyama-esque midfielder in, the better. Both the sheep and Falkirk have come to Celtic park to have a go and have got some joy.

We even had a better balance in some games last season, with Iwata in there.

6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The Semi final is going to be a challenge too..

We should have been out of sight tbf..

Blochairnbhoy and thailandceltic like this.
  7. stew37

I think it's difficult coming into games like that with 25 mins to go, and he's been used sparingly in general.

I wouldn't drop Kyogo though, so maybe try playing them together.

8. celtic20

It was mental to take Kyogo off when he remains our best bet of something happening.

9. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

First half was excellent, but second half was pretty awful. Tactically very naive. Games like these do happen and were never going to win every single one, regardless of the budgetary advantages we have. It’s just not realistic. However, it concerns me that Rodgers doesn’t seem to learn very much from games like this and has no plan B.

I don’t think we have the *-given right to win every game that some on here do though.

JC Anton and buchanbhoy like this.
  10. stew37

Yep, I wouldn't have taken him off at all today. He was still causing problems, but I'd honestly have taken Maeda off at HT. I never usually think that way about him because of his work rate but he really offered nothing today other than a dreadful pass that lost us a goal. Was well of the boil and I say that as his biggest fan.

celtic20 likes this.
  11. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Same. Think we're still recovering from having the stuffing knocked out of us by Dortmund but we'll get our mojo back. Think all games vs Aberdeen are gonna be tricky though. They look decent this season.

Double Dutch likes this.
  12. Momo Sylla

Only time we really tried it recently was with Abildgaard and he never really got a look in.

He might be 33 but I bet Victor himself would still do a job domestically and would jump at the chance to come back. He's said himself recently he didn't really want to leave when he did but the club wanted the money. Idiotic move by the board as he was worth far more to us than the £12.5m or so we got.

oh bhoy and Waiting For An Alibi like this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We should.

£9m or whatever it was. Absolutely * wild.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He's practically played every game frim the bench.. calm down

stew37 likes this.
  15. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Idah is going to be a victim of his price tag. We paid far more than what he’s worth.

As a secondary option to Kyogo he is a very nice asset, but he’s not a 9 million pound player.

16. Foley1888

I can’t believe we only scored two goals, that was the easiest opponent we have played to create chances against they were so open to simple overlaps in wide areas and cut backs for shots just our shooting was * poor by in large. Anytime we went forward and done that we could create a chance.

Two terrible goals to lose, I genuinely don’t see this great Aberdeen everyone is talking about we should have been 4 up by half time and should have scored another 3 at least the last 10 of normal time and the injury time. They showed a lot of spirit but very little football. They were massively fortunate to get something from that game.

17. ML6

Ive got concerns about every new signing bar McCowan which is pretty damning tbh.

18. Martybhoy53

We are only 8 games into the league. The sheep have had no European football so can prepare week to week. Let’s see where they are come January.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  19. ML6

Agreed absolutely no where near the price tag, lose count how many times a game tbe ball just bounces off him.

20. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly where I'm at. We'd been scintillating all the way up till Dortmund and it went so badly wrong that it was inevitable that it would affect the players.

We're mentally strong as a group though so we'll work through it and get back to our brilliant best. And some of the more 'excited' members on here won't have as much to say for themselves :giggle2:

Wllm likes this.