1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odin Thiago Holm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jun 22, 2023.

Discuss Odin Thiago Holm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. apevrak

That's my theory as well. I think he needs maturing in less competitve surroundings to really blossom. Celtic or any other club of our size is the wrong place for him to be at the moment.

I did question his mentality while he was at Vålerenga. He looked lost more often than not in a poor side. Yes, he shows flashes of sublime ball control and nice layoffs, but as of now he's not a player that has the mentality to rise to the occation.

Holm being dropped by the Norway U21's probably didn't help his confidence.

I did hope that a Norwegian club would bring him in on a loan, but to be honest he isn't really good enough to play for any top 10 clubs in Eliteserien.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. Slaw

The guy clearly needs a loan. If you’ve seen the clips of him on YouTube and also of him controlling a size 2 in his living room you know the boy has talent. I just think, similar to Mikey, he’s probably a man down out of possession. I’ve personally not seen enough of him to make that judgement but I feel like that’s what Rodgers thinks.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Don't think he lacks confidence, he seems almost a bit arrogant to me, which tbf I don't mind in a player if they can back it up with what they do on the park..

Its just a case of our midfield being incredibly competitive and packed with quality..

He needed a loan, working at Dundee or Killie to level him out.. and get that much needed game time.

Westlondonscot and neilly1987 like this.
  4. john2061

Would like to see him going to Aberdeen on loan in January who's manager is Scandinavian and going well at the moment and could pip sevco for second place and it's did no harm to past Celtic players going on loan there .

5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I wonder if he has refused to go on loan. I don't know why, but I just get the impression he is one of those guys that thinks he's too good to go out on loan. Admittedly I have no real basis for that other than a gut feeling, which could be miles off the truth, but it does seem odd he missed out on a loan slot again.

6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think he'd have probably got a loan if we'd landed one of our other CM targets. I'd imagine there was plenty interest from teams but we held off to make sure we never left ourselves short.

He'll get minutes at some point but he'll need to show a fair bit of mental strength in the mean time.

7. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Also looks to me like he has some kind of an attitude problem. Sounds daft but officially changing his name to include Thiago (after Thiago Alacantara) always made me think he was a bit weird.

8. apevrak

Holm wouldn't get in their starting XI at the moment. Thelin likes to play work horses in the middle of the park.

9. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s up against it from the beginning as the centre of the park has the hardest competition for places. I remember thinking he had something when I saw him play for us but also that he’d have a fair bit to work on. It’s up to him to meet the standard to get in the squad now.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He was making squads before.. but with Bernardo, McCowan & Engels added.. we really should have been looking to loan him.

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Reading the Haksabanovic stuff the other week about how he wanted out the club last summer and Rodgers was happy to let him go, but the club/higher ups decided they didn't want to sell, makes you wonder if something similar is going on here.
    .has Rodgers decided long ago Holm isn't in his plans at all, now is basically refusing to use him and leaving it with the club to deal with as it's their issue.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

15. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    NakamuraTastic likes this.
  16. celtic warrior

Funny old business.

Guess he's dead, well, his Celtic career anyway.

Do we think that red card as a sub has done him in and he's never been able to regain full trust from the manager? Feels like he's only be used because we were really struggling for options.

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think it's got a lot more to do with the fact that he just isn't good enough.

18. Mr. Slippyfist

I'd hazard a guess and say it's probably his attitude. Maybe not so much that he's a wee *, but that's he's not working as hard as it takes.

He was given chances early in pre-season, and even though he impressed.....he's been nowhere to be seen.

19. kenniemk2

He did not want to hold the league trophy last season he doesn’t want anything to do with club unless he’s playing g ovb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Talent only gets you so far.