1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Cameron Carter-Vickers.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Aug 31, 2021.

Discuss Cameron Carter-Vickers. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good news. Think it's vital he starts on Saturday so he's ready to go for the following midweek.

If the toe is still delicate we'll have to manage his minutes but all focus should he on keeping him fit for all CL games. Once that's over we'll manage without him domestically.

If the problems persist we need to be looking for a successor pretty soon. Which will not be easy.

martin_d and calmac23 like this.
  2. calmac23

Give him 45m at the weekend.

3. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    It’s vital we don’t rush him back more than him making they games. We’ve done this already and seen the story, rushing him back last season resulted in not having him for months.

4. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Need to let him get 100% fit before pushing him. Saturday is probably too early. Atalanta will probably beat us whether he plays or not. So maybe target Motherwell for his return to the side.

martin_d and Liam Scales like this.
  5. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Exactly, with maybe slightly more optimism for Atalanta now I’ve successfully repressed the Dortmund game:56:

We’ve seen what happens with CCV if we rush him back. There’s guys that can be rushed back and it not seem to matter. CCV if we do, he’s out far longer. Long term thinking required here.

6. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Will be fantastic to have him back and injury free from here on, I think having CCV, Trusty and Scales all vying for the #1 and #2 spots is gonna be great for us and push all 3 of them on.

7. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The injury free bit I’m not convinced of now, Trusty for me is the guy in there when CCV is injured or has a niggle.

Been the best part of 2 years now he’s been injured really, played through niggles, played through needing surgery on his knee and giving one of the best performances as a Celtic CB his last he had in him before the surgery semi final against the Scum…

I love him. He is a class above. I can’t see him ever being fully fit for a season again.

8. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Dortmund game was just a reminder that we shouldn't expect points from away games to really good sides. Atalanta is a free swing, maybe get lucky and take something from the game, but don't have any expectations. Leipzig is going to be a tough game and hopefully we can get a point or three. Playing Zagreb away will also be tricky. But Brugge and Young Boys, those are the most important matches - 6 points there should get us to the playoffs.

martin_d likes this.
  9. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I was saying before Dortmund to folk who were excited with our form to not expect even a draw, even playing top form they could still beat us. But theres a big difference between expecting a result and a 7-1 embarrassment. What I expect from Atalanta is a * reaction from players and manager to majorly improve. And a bog standard 2-0 loss is sadly exactly that. It’s not a free swing at all for me, it’s a must show improvement.

greengrocer likes this.
  10. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Totally. We shat the bed and players looked scared to move.

But onnto ccv. Great he's back. Brings a calm assured presence at the back.

11. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That was just one of our issues that. You’re not wrong but there was a lot of other poor * along with it that we’ve all analysed to *. We just need a * improved performance, some grit, some steel, some defensive plan and be positive as well against Atalanta. If they beat us when we’re doing that, fair enough.

is it just yesterday CCV has came back to training or has he been training during international break and that? I have genuine fear about us rushing him back again, and it backfiring again.

greengrocer likes this.
  12. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Doesn't sound to me that likely he'll even be on the bench on Saturday. Several weeks recovery and only just started training again, out with the group is how I read that update.

Should learn more later today I guess.

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  13. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If we get beaten by Atalanta, whether it's by 1 goal or 5 doesn't matter as much to me as having CCV in the best condition possible going into the matches that we have a good chance of picking up points in. Of course it would be good to see an improved performance. Another skelping.could.dent.our confidence, or it could help motivate us to improve. But having our best defender 100% fit and on it for the other games is more important.

martin_d and HoopyT like this.
  14. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good sign that he is back, presumably just doing some light training and easing back into it, but seriously doubt he will be involved tomorrow.

15. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    If CCV is actually properly fit to play against Atalanta then I’d be desperate to have him in there. If he’s not fully fit and it’s us chancing it because how much he improves us, and playing him because even 80% with a niggle CCV improves us majorly, something we have done with him regularly. Then we shouldn’t risk it at all. Him fully fit or nothing for me

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

17. henriks tongue

As long as not recklessly risking the injury, an 80% fit CCV walks into the team in my book - he's so critical to the team.
    I'm sure Brendan and medical staff will make the right call

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Rodgers has no fresh injury worries ahead of the game, with a late decision to be made on the possible inclusion of Cameron Carter-Vickers.

“Cam has trained for the last few days, so we'll just wait for a reaction after today just to see if he's going to be available for tomorrow,” he said

What we're conscious of with Cam is he had a wee bit last season where he was in and out, even though it's a totally different injury this time.

It's one where we were told at the time it could have been anywhere between two and three months. But it's just not wanting to push him back in too early, which might then set him back.

“So he's doing really, really well. He still has a discomfort there, not as bad as what it was for the Bratislava game. But we don't think he's too far away from being where he wants to be.

19. cammy07

There comes a point we need to question his reliability, misses far too many important games for our main centre half to honest.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

What the * are you slabbering about?