1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Liam Scales

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Valhalla, Aug 27, 2021.

Discuss Liam Scales in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It isn’t. He’s clearly gone up a level this season (so far).

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  2. murphy88

Aye he got one mate. I was just meaning that he fully merited it also.

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic Celtic
    Definitely

4. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think that’s came with a more steady less chopped and changed back line. He was excellent in Europe last year and Hun games. His performance on Griezmann the 2-2 was tremendous

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye and he was making a * load of mistakes last year that he isn’t now.

6. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    By the end of the season, weirdly when CCV came back and the rest of the team picked up mistakes did creep in. The rest of the season prior to that, in harder circumstances I’d say, I disagree with that.

He’s settled into a more consistent backline now though, and he’s showing what he did for 80% last season, surrounded by a better team now though.

Yes, I’ll say improved as well but not down to him not being good last year, down to the team gelling and everyone improving. His performances aren’t much different, others around him though? They are. And it improves him as well.

7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd say his mistakes were far more common earlier in the season, last season. I remember I and many others being incredibly frustrated with him in a lot of games. Tbh we still need an upgrade on him.

8. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Earlier in the season last year? Have you got any examples there, because it was frustrating watching Lagerbielke, Nat Phillips, Nawrocki and then we had brief respite when Welsh next to him was better.

And it was bewildering Scales who would have been punted if we weren’t playing Aberdeen 2 weeks into the season and then suddenly had 5 injured CB’s stood up and was the only performer at the back. AJ and Hart first half last season being mostly poor before stepping up at crunch time.

And then it was lets see if he can do this in Europe, or against Rangers, and he did.

He was the only guy back there for a good part of the early part of the season. Mistake ridden, I flat out disagree with and would need evidence of that tbh.

We spent £6m on a defender this summer as an upgrade, he’s not allowed himself to be replaced. If we get someone better, then I want them to also prove they are, not just be infront of him because he’s the £300k LoI signing. And £6m Trusty behind him is fair for me

Dannybhoy81 and NomDePlum like this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The most obvious example was the first game against St.Johnstone where it looked like he had never seen a football before. I’m not imagining his errors or loads of folk complaining about him. Overall he did an ok job last season and is playing well so far this season. I expect Trusty to take his place eventually.

10. Liam Scales

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That game, will 100% agree with that. Infact after it I can remember saying ack he had a chance get shot though. Then the next week was the 1 -0 at Ibrox when he was Motm of I remember right. After that, the only time he was shaky at all was maybe March when CCV came back and our players hit top form and he deflated a bit. Still wasn’t awful or mistake after mistake.

But that St Johnstone game, freely admit that one, but don’t think there was any others like that.

If Trusty does he’ll need to show a * of a lot to win that place though, more likely Trusty will be there when CCV can’t play just now though. I hope he shows a level that he wins Scales place, with CCV being fit and his imperious self consistently no niggles. I can’t see evidence that Trusty has that in him to or CCV being able to either