1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Palma

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 28, 2023.

Discuss Luis Palma in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    In his own head he thinks he's a superstar and doesnt need to improve. That's why he's not getting much game time here anymore.

Skelleto likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Normally I'd think this is harsh, but hearing him talk about himself on Celtic's FIFA rating video, he rated his passing at 100, so he probably does think he's better than he is.

Ryanm1984 likes this.
  3. stew37

I don't mind him but needs to offer more. I hate all the social media pish as well. Have a page if you want, but these cryptic messages can bolt.

I think we'll definitely be looking at where we can upgrade and Yang's ahead of him for me, works a lot harder.

4. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    There was a couple of times first half he lost the ball and chased all the way back. I just don't think he suits us as he's no a bad player.

5. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Back home in Honduras last month he claimed he wasn't starting games bcoz he picked up a knock and was nothing to do with his form.

He's been stinking the place up for months with his performances and Maeda is miles ahead of him but aye Luis it's bcoz of that knock.

Arrogant, delusional fud

Big C and buchanbhoy like this.
  6. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

7. DonnyCelt

His days are numbered here.

greengrocer and Big C like this.
  8. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Hopefully read what izzy said and takes it on board

9. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Speaks volumes for their performance's last week that both him and Welsh are left out squad completely tonight

Skelleto likes this.
  10. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.elheraldo.hn/deportes/l...-seleccion-honduras-nations-league-MD21886947

Luis Palma was the surprise exclusion of Reinaldo Rueda for the Honduras National Team ahead of the duels against Jamaica and French Guiana in the Concacaf Nations League .

The Colombian coach called up 27 men for the battles in the Caribbean, but the name of the Celtic player from the Scottish Premier League did not appear.

With Luis Palma out of the game , Reinaldo Rueda called up players with similar qualities in the attacking line-up. Rigoberto Rivas, Michaell Chirinos and José Mario Pinto stand out in his call-up .

But one of the questions that arises when Luis Palma was not called up to La H is, why the Colombian not the legionnaire who defends the colours of Celtic of Scotland

Diario El Heraldo has learned that Luis Palma and the coaching staff led by Reinaldo Rueda have reached an agreement not to call up the player from La Ceiba and that he will remain working with Celtic with the aim of recovering his level.

In addition, the player decided to take a break from social media and focus on recovering his level while also seeking mental well-being, which is important in these dark times when you feel like everything is going wrong

Palma has decided to stay away from the media spotlight and remain oblivious to what the media say or fail to say about his future or present at multi-champion Celtic .

Luis Palma is hoping that in the coming weeks everything will continue to be favourable and that this will help him to recover his good physical condition and, above all, the footballing level that he showed when he arrived at Celtic Park , so much so that he decided to take advantage of the FIFA date to strengthen himself and be more useful to Rodgers.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  11. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Good decision to delete his social media, but he's finished here.

Slow, lazy, ponderous in possession, egotistical. He has some quality on the ball but his all round game is so far off it it's frightening.

Ship him off to MLS.

12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fair play to him, that’s a brilliant reaction and attitude to have. Could have easily seen the internationals as a chance to escape for a bit. Wants to prove himself to Rodgers

NakamuraTastic and neilly1987 like this.
  13. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Still on instagram. That lasted long

neilly1987 and Crilly like this.
  14. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.diez.hn/legionarios/enr...ion-honduras-rueda-quedarse-celtic-CL21912606

Why Luis Palma was not called up to the H team, was it the player's decision or Reinaldo Rueda's?: “Many things have been invented...”

Luis Palma was not called up to the Honduras national team and the reason is revealed: “He has made the decision to retire from one of them..

Life has many twists and turns. One day you can be on top and be the most loved; and tomorrow you can fall and have a shower of criticism on you, but those who are always there as a support are the family and this is the clear example that the Honduran Luis Palma passes .

The Celtic footballer went from having a tremendous 2023 being fundamental and scoring historic goals in the Champions League with the Scottish team, to having no more than 109 minutes this season

However, the former Vida player is not discouraged and as his father, Don Enrique Palma, revealed to Diario Diez , Luis is clear that his teammates are performing at a great level and that motivates him to continue striving.

We have to remember that the other players are doing very well, as he tells me, 'Here it's just a matter of work, work and work to earn the coach's trust again and do things well' and that is the mentality he has to see if he can take the lead," commented the father of the number 7 of the Glasgow team

He continued: “Things are going very well for his team. There is no difference or anything like that. We just have to wait for his opportunity to come.

It often happens that the mind is a footballer's greatest enemy when he experiences such a drastic change in participation, but it seems that is not the case with the man from Ceiba.

“Last year he also had a slump, but in the end he overcame it and managed to do good things again and my son is trying to assimilate things in order to get his football back on track. He is not sad because he knows that the tournaments are just starting, there are still many league and cup games left and there are six Champions League games left,” said the footballer's father.

Luis Palma has made a big commitment to the Bicolor because he knows that he is one of the leaders of this generation, but Diez learned that for this October window where they will face French Guyana and Jamaica , he spoke with Professor Rueda about not being called up.

The versatile footballer believes that he is not at his best and in a mutual agreement with the Colombian coach they decided that it was best to stay working with Celtic.

Given Palma's lack of participation, many versions have emerged, and one of them is about indiscipline, and it is Don Luis who clarifies everything

That is false. You should not pay attention to everything that appears on social media, many times things are made up there, one should not live off of these social media. I think Luis has made the decision to withdraw from them, but everything will be fine

In the end, the resident of the Las Canelas neighborhood of La Ceiba explained that: "He will be with Celtic right now and will focus on the rest of the year and there may be a sale, but what happens with him will depend on his work," concluded Luis Palma's father.

RabS likes this.
  15. T.Rogne25

Have a feeling he will come good, has all the ability imo

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No doubt we seen in spells, specially early last season, there is a good player in there.

Interesting he's acknowledging reasons for his down turn in performances.
    If all true and he's not just using excuses to buy time, then it's a great positive sign for him as a human and a player.
    Head down and clear things out, let the football do the talking.

I think he can come good again and think there is a player worth keeping for a bit longer to see if he can turn his form around.

17. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

Love the attitude but I can't help but feel he's just the Honduran Mikey Johnston :giggle1:. Clearly has some quality and could maybe show it in a different league but I just don't see him ever starting regularly for us, especially with the lack of pace. I'm not entirely convinced by Yang either but I feel he at least has more raw potential than Palma.

Still nice to see a player buckle down rather than throw their toys out of the pram though. Would love to be proven wrong.

18. constant

I can't see him having any future here for a host of reasons. His lack of pace, inconsistency, and incompatability
    with Rodger's system, makes me think he will be heading out the door in January.

I'm pretty confident we will be in for another left winger in the January window.

neilly1987 and NakamuraTastic like this.
  19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Almost feeling sorry for him. Would be a nice story if he turn it around but I just dont think he is skilled enough.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 9, 2024 at 6:47 PM
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye he did score 3 good goals but I'm still no buying it from him..

Was diving and no doing much outwith his goal first half..

Did show a bit of effort second half but it was against a youthful Sligo Rovers side at the death..

neilly1987 and JC Anton like this.