1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

Being serious here if he goes in with the same suicidal tactics against Atlanta and we lose by 6 or 7 goals again then his days are numbered at the club .

2. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Boooo!

(And I didn't even want him back..but now I'm cool with it!)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024 at 8:38 PM
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You MWI?

HoopyT likes this.
  4. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I reckon his comments have had the exact effect he wanted, Spotlight and blame on him and away from the squad to protect the players. Will see how we go in Italy.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Sween

Nah, by the end of the season as long as he wins the double or treble noone will care less.

Same broad trend every season

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

No one will care less is the largest exaggeration you could have possibly made, literally every single Celtic fan will care. The anger/concern/frustration will just be tapered by the joy of success. A natural human reaction.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If we continue the form in the league that we’ve had and win a treble playing like that, then fair enough as well.

Because up until Tuesday, everything, including our first CL game has been incredible

Random Review and Sween like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:

His results against Barca/PSG 7/8 years ago are still getting brought up against him, you’re spot on here.

One thing doesn’t wipe out the other though, Dortmund shafting us, embarrassingly shafting us doesn’t mean what we’ve seen up until that game is worthless. Because right now has been one of the most promising I’ve seen us, with a belter of a squad.

I’m raging and disappointed by Tuesday night but it doesn’t change anything else.

Random Review likes this.
  9. Sween

The Rodgers invincible season is remembered because we won a domestic treble without losing a game rather than losing 7 0 to Barca or not winning a single game in the champions league that season. We talk about Anges treble as a high water mark and we forget getting pumped 5 1 by Mardid. We look back at the last Lennon season as a disaster because we lost the league, and I can't even remember who we played in Europe that year.

Our successes and failures will always be judged by domestic outcome. Getting pumped in Europe is exhausting and just depressing but it never defines our season come May.

Random Review likes this.
  10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    It’s pragmatism to be a bit more cautious in a game against a decent outfit. That doesn’t deter from what your normal playing style is like or deter from your values as a manager. It’s just adaptation to the moment.

There was a good point made by DM on TS and he said that Arsenal sat in against Atalanta and respected their power through the middle. That’s one of the top team in Europe fighting for the EPL & we all see Arteta as an attractive football type. But some games, you’ve got to adapt - it’s the measure of the game.

Let’s see what we do versus Atalanta. It can’t be that chaotic, dysfunctional press that we saw the other night.

11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nah, they are remembered in equal measure. The fact you can recall that so specifically is a case in point.

12. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    With me, it depends on the time of year. When we have a European game coming up and during the transfer windows, I often think about our poor European results. Most of the time, though, I don't. I think Sween is right that few will care in May (I certainly won't; though I probably will in July if we still haven't signed anyone!).

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Nah, mate, he’s wrong. Every single Celtic fan will care. I promise you that.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The invincible season we drew against Pep’s City, home and away, first team 11 games in to him being there they didn’t win. And what we done was copied down there to try and replicate it, they were unstoppable up until then. We beat Anderlecht 3-0 away from home our best ever away result in the CL.

It wasn’t an incredible showing from us but was some memorable ones there. That funny enough, because of the success domestically that season you’ve forgot about, lumping in results that were awful from other seasons.

And that should show you, these results leave scars on his record