1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 26, 2024.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Alex Valle in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    Give him a run in the side. Taylor has proven once again he simple cannot cut it at this level.

martin_d likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Was at fault for that goal.. but thought he showed bravery on the ball, that was sadly lacking in almost everyone.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Start him from now on. He is as much of our player as Taylor as long as Taylor dont sign a new deal.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

martin_d and Random Review like this.
  4. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He showed a bit of quality on the ball, and was good defensively, and be messed up. That happens with young players.

I like Taylor but Adeyemi up against him might be the biggest mismatch of quality I’ve witnessed for is in the CL

Pogues, Random Review and JC Anton like this.
  5. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

The guy is more a left back than Taylor so should be getting games when we need that.

Taylors real strength is playing inverted and actually an additional midfielder

Ps what is it about us signing wee fullbacks obviously adds an additional weakness to the side

martin_d likes this.
  6. Big C

Shouldn’t play against Ross County unless Taylor is injured. Too light weight, we’ve just had a mauling stick to the team we know can handle these games then bring him on in the 2nd half.

Sean Treacy likes this.
  7. Slaw

We’ve got to give him a run in the team and see if he could be the long term solution. I love Taylor and he’s been excellent domestically but if we want to improve in Europe we simply need better. It’s been proven time and again.

murphy88 and martin_d like this.
  8. murphy88

So play Taylor who is even more lightweight?

9. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Taylor is the better choice domestically until this guy develops a bit more; but I think we have to play Valle over Taylor in the CL (at least against the top sides) and that means we really ought to play him domestically too. The more we play him, the faster he will develop.

10. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    If Taylor dont want to stay i much rather develop Valle. That would open the door to getting more talent from Barca.

Taylor is just a door smashing you in the face over and over again.

martin_d likes this.
  11. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I would like to give the guy a run of games to see what he can do. But I don't remember there being an option to buy? In which case I think it's unlikely he'll get many games unless Greg collapses.

12. Pogues

The annoying thing is that if Maeda played deeper and doubled up with Taylor on Adayemi, I don't think Adayemi gets a look in.

13. Big C

He knows the league, has been an absolute stand out so far this season domestically.

14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Think he still does tbh, he was drifting in the middle beyond the CB’s, Taylor can’t follow him there. He would need man marked off Maeda if we had any chance of that tbh and honestly, Adeyemi is quicker than him. Guys electric. I wouldn’t want that. We needed to isolate their midfielders before they got the ball to him, but he was moving that much, Taylor and AJ as well that isolated…

Infact our full team was isolated, feeds into McGregor saying that we reverted to playing as individuals and not collectively. That really showed, he nailed it. One small, very small thing I’m taking from that game is him knowing that while on the pitch and trying to turn that round but he got drawn into doing the same thing. It shows his game IQ at the very least

Pogues likes this.
  15. Pogues

Just a real quality player, which we know we're going to come up against. Give them the space he got and they'll destroy you.

16. murphy88

I wouldn’t disagree with that. The display from him during the week though is one we’ve seen many times in Europe. I think we need to look at giving Valle a run in domestic games to get him up to speed. I think Taylor getting hooked midweek was very telling to be honest.

17. murphy88

That’s the thing. Taylor still gets ripped apart with arguably the best defensive winger there is playing in front of him.

18. Big C

I’m sure Taylor was injured. I said in the match thread that would be the only reason for taking him off.

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Great * point tbh.

20. Pogues

Our whole defence got ripped apart on Tuesday. Exposed constantly due to our set up.