1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Paul McAuley

Cause a lived thru the 90s

2. ddub11

Credit where its due we are playing great in the league,however we all know with our budget just about any manager would be successful.
    The challenge was always going to be Europe and it seems Rodgers just refuses to adapt his style to allow us to compete in Europe,hopefully we can pick up more points at home but Rodgers is allowing his ego to * things up .

3. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Huns basically collapsed themselves by refusing to back and subsequently sacking Van Bronckhorst.

Genuinely decent manager.

Random Review, kenniemk2 and HTG like this.
  4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Those managers could all swallow their pride and sit back if needed - despite not being very good managers in general.

Ange and Rodgers are two egomaniacs who would rather lose playing their own way than give the club the best possible chance of progressing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Moyes ends up here at some point and we actually look a bit better in Europe.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  5. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Same here.

We played some sexy football against St Johnston but it doesn't soften the blow of getting humiliated like that tonight.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Bingo!

Had the full card tonight.

7. Momo Sylla

We beat AC Milan in 07 with a backline of Naylor, Caldwell, McManus and * Perrier Doumbe :giggle2:

You can get results by being pragmatic but Rodgers refuses to take a safer approach in Europe.

HTG likes this.
  8. kenniemk2

Where is mancini managing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    His post match interview was reminiscent of the ones he gave after heavy defeats during his first spell. They drove me mad then and still do now.

He can talk about the other team’s quality all he likes, and can blame the early goal for “spooking” us, but the reality is he * us tonight because at no stage in the game did we look like we had a plan to stop them.

I fancy him to get us into the play off purely because we’ve got a pretty favourable draw but we will be spanked again in this competition.

10. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Why are folk talking about the huns like they're geniuses of european football?

They get slapped about worse than us at this level.

Dannybhoy81 likes this.
  11. Martybhoy53

BR
    "My job is to go away and inspire the players again. We need to learn from it or we will get punished at this level."
    Well he’s not learned.

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    It's the way we lost mate, 3-0 or even 4 and I'd get over it and move on. 7-1 going on 10 is an embarrassment.

He's earned a lot of goodwill prior to this, but I think people are right to be livid and question him. Wanting him to leave is obviously a bit mental, but it's deflating seeing him learn nothing from his last tenure.

Atalanta will be massive, he cannot play the same way.

13. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We need to judge him at the end of this CL campaign.. we'll lose in Atalanta too and Villa..

But, we have winnable games v Young Boys, Brugge, RB and Dinamo..

There's a chance of qualification in this format and it will be playing the way we do that will give us a chance..

Tonight is raw, embarrassing etc.. but talk of getting rid of him because of it are premature and reactionary..

14. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Moyes in Europe would be better, but the thought of his football away to Livingston gives me the fear.

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We didn’t do ourselves any sort of justice tonight and that is more than in part down to the manager. He hamstrung the team with his tactics, that’s not how we play despite some suggesting it is. It simply is not.

Slaw likes this.
  16. celticdawg

He should always be getting backed especially with our finances as healthy but his failures in Europe are self inflicted for the most part , and being unable to adapt to the quality of opposition is beyond belief given how often its happened now !!
    Its like he's getting carried away given the way we dominate teams domestically and thinks we can replicate against the top teams , when will the penny drop ?

Peej likes this.
  17. kenniemk2

Walter smith was a master at it aswell can add O’Neil to that category being defensive and nicking a win isn’t anti football it’s called respecting your opponent and knowing how to exploit them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Atlanta and Villa will likely be the same..

It is raw and embarrassing but we could still qualify.. judge him at the end of this campaign

19. ScottBhoy+

He has just been absolutely annihilated and schooled beyond belief by one of his ex-players who is a complete novice in management, having only started out 3 years ago. What a complete and utter * plampf. It’s akin to him being battered by Scott Brown. Alarm bells need to going off the scale here.

kenniemk2 likes this.
  20. CFC

As disappointed with that interview as the performance itself. He’s taken no accountability. Trying not to be reactionary and keep the faith but that take is for the bin Brendan.