1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    2 assists for the wee man tonight smashing Feyenoord in Rotterdam..

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    upload_2024-9-21_11-57-49.png
    Wee guys had chapters written about his next move for the past year and he's still at Leverkusen.

3. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Just want them to sell the * asap

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk

marti~bhoy likes this.
  4. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Nearly four years on from his move to Germany, Celtic still hold a special place in Jeremie Frimpong's heart.

Indeed, after Bayer Leverkusen completed a dramatic 4-3 comeback win over Wolfsburg last Sunday, one of the first things he did was seek out the Hoops' result against Falkirk, as he'd seen they were 2-1 down at half-time. Frimpong, who played a starring role in Bayer Leverkusen's surprise and invincible German Double last season, as well as their run to the Champions League Final at Wembley, revealed: "I'm so grateful for my time at Celtic. They made me the player I am today

Brendan Rodgers' side will hit the Yellow Wall then they resume their Champions League campaign against Borussia Dortmund next Tuesday night. The 25,000 'Schwarzgelben' who occupy one end of the 81,000-capacity Signal Iduna Park may appear an intimidating sight. But Frimpong insists Brendan Rodgers' side have nothing to worry about.

The 23-year-old, who pipped Odsonne Edouard, Kristoffer Ajer and Mikey Johnston to win the Hoops' Young Player of the Year award in the 2019/20 Treble-winning season, has experienced the phenomenon first hand, as well as 75,000 baying Bayern Munich fans in the Allianz Arena, and the notorious 'Ultras Gelsenkirchen' inside Schalke's Veltins Arena

The Flying Dutchman, however, maintains that nothing compares to the atmosphere generated by a full house at Celtic Park. I was back there with Bayer for a Europa League tie three years ago - and oh my days! The atmosphere was superb, still the best I have ever encountered in my career.

"Some people say that can act as a 12th man for Celtic, and there will be times when that is true. We eventually ran out 4-0 winners on the night, but we had to ride the storm while Celtic were being urged on by their fans.

That can affect some players. But top professionals can handle that, and it all comes down to what you do on the pitch. Celtic are used to playing in front of huge crowds, so I don't think the Yellow Wall will intimidate them

It's eleven men against eleven, and the best team will come out on top. That holds true for Celtic's visit to Dortmund, and right now I'd say it's a 50/50 game that either side could win. People are suggesting that, after Borussia lost 5-1 at Stuttgart last Sunday, they are not as strong as last season when they reached the Champions League Final.

"Yes, in the summer, they sold international striker, Niclas Fullkrug, to West Ham. But they brought in Serhou Guirassy, who scored 28 goals for Stuttgart last term, and Maximilian Beier, who found the net 16 times for Hoffenheim. They also added midfielder Pascal Gross and defender Waldemar Anton, who were both in Germany's Euro 2024 squad.

It takes time for new players to bed in at new clubs. But don't forget they won their opening Champions League tie 3-0 away to Club Brugge, so they are still strong and a top team. Who will be a danger to Celtic? Everyone. I'm not going to lie to you. They are good all over the pitch. But Celtic are also a great team and they are in the Champions League for a reason

I can't say who's going to win, but I'm sure it will be an excellent game. That will also be the case when RB Leipzig visit Celtic Park on November 5.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    Beginning to think he’s NEVER going to move and give us our pound of flesh

6. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Same way as I thought he'd never cross a ball. Might happen but doubtful.