1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic should bid to host the 2027 Champions League final

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Sep 25, 2024 at 7:04 AM.

Discuss Celtic should bid to host the 2027 Champions League final in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

That there's no denying, and I don't think we should ever stop improving what we have.

That said, I genuinely don't think that involves major restructuring of sections that don't require it. The tunnel for talk sake, if we were ever to redevelop the main stand, then fine aye do that during that, but to alter structures simply to extend the width of the tunnel - well, that's simply pointless.

Inside CP - for me, is perfect.

The exterior really needs looked at. Why for the life of me, other than costing, we have never looked to paint the poles at the very least a single colour (white or green) is beyond me. I know they've overpainted the rusting galvanized framework sections recently at the front, but done with grey again. You look up that beautiful Celtic way, and the grey poles are an eyesore. Even the huns have theirs painted white ffs!

That's not including the obscene amount of dried in bird * all over the wall facade round the back toward Springfield Road.

Those are my only two gripes with CP.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye it would probably need a rebuild.. but like I said in previous post Liverpool managed to build a new stand without totally closing it.. but we're probably talking 10s of millions to do it..

eire4 and BigDoggyWoofWoof like this.
  3. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    what? it’s common knowledge that we lost out on McGinn as lawwell wouldn’t pay an extra million, he wrongly thought McGinn being a Tim and related to previous board members would swing it in Celtics favour only for villa to walk away with McGinn while lawwell happily spent millions on * * disco light, so aye every time I’m at Parkhead for a European game and those lights come on I think of what might have been with McGinn and Calmac running our midfield, (it’s not even a good light show ffs)

4. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Yea I've heard that cited, with as low a figure as a 100 grand, what hasn't gained as much popularity though is Mcginn wanted assurances he would play, when fit, this is something not even Larsson asked for.
    Oh... I quiet like the light show tbh although maybe I'm just getting older and as I no longer go out clubbing I cant compare them against other light shows in clubs :54: But regardless of taste in light shows this wasn't a case of one or the other and never was mate.

5. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Think plans to address issues with main stand will be sorted within the next 5-10 years.

6. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Would it not be down to the sfa who would get a European final in Scotland? Don't think we'd have a chance

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I think it probably is time in the next 10 years for us to go a step further and add a top tier to the main stand..

I always liked the old school feel to the main stand being how it is. Used to love looking over it in to the tower blocks in the distance but it does need sorting and upgrading..

Wonder how much it would cost to sort the external, upgrade/add to the the main stand.....and the beams either side?

8. kenniemk2

I’ve been reading about the Dundee and Aberdeen stadium situations and I was sure the plans for Aberdeen for kingsway had all the funding accepted from a investment fund they just haven’t pulled the trigger because now the council want them to stay in the centre of Aberdeen …..so a club our size should have no problems getting specific funding for a hundred mill build I don’t think the board are interested because their motive is to sell shares when they are at their absolute maximum and let other custodians deal with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Doubt we would get a final because uefa hates us

Too many fines for naughty stuff like bombs and flags

murphy88 likes this.
  10. Peter T. Lawwell Esq Chairman of Celtic FC PLC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    * the away fans. Currently drawing up plans to remove all the pillars from the home stands and add them to the away end so they can't see * all.

Drakhan and JC Anton like this.
  11. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye the Celtic way side is a beauty now but the retail lets it down. Is it an active company who owns that building in between? Maybe that’s stopping them redevelop that area

12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Hasn’t there been finals in Warsaw though? Dont think things like that determine who does and doesn’t get it. If our ground fit the bill we’d definitely have a chance

13. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Desmond get them painted before slippy loses it!!

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    no

15. Mr. Slippyfist

£30m.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Bratfurdbhoy1

Needs to be 5 star rating. When I went to Sporting Lisbons ground it is 5 star and is hosting the women's Champions League final in 2025.
    The main differences I noted were the facilities were much roomier for the teams , match officials and the press room was like a small cinema. This press room held 200 people, the guide doing the tour stressed that it was the facilities mentioned above and the press room that elevated it to 5 star. From a fans perspective it is a nice stadium. Just think Celtics is better, even with the current main stand at pitch level. The one other difference was there corporate and directors box this was on another level. Celtics pitch outside of winter looked better to.

JamesM09 likes this.
  17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Bratfurdbhoy1 likes this.
  18. Bratfurdbhoy1

That wrap around me effect is the way to go

19. Bratfurdbhoy1

Guessing 50 million to do that. Unless you get Bob the Builder in from Trust a Trader.com

20. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Haven't read through the thread but don't think we are compliant for a few reasons, restricted viewing in certain places and we don't have a dedicated entrance for away teams or something silly.