1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Luis Palma

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Aug 28, 2023.

Discuss Luis Palma in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Aye and run down the league. Usual pish we see from duds who can't get a game

2. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He should have known the #1 rule of social media...

You never go full Cantwell.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This isn't the first time..

He's stinking the place out. Just get your head down and keep working at it..

No one wants to hear his pish the day after a stinker. Could see it coming a mile off as well..

If this us being toxic then he's doing his self no favours whatsoever by running on to instagram for likes..

Ryanm1984, martin_d and PaddyJamieson like this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He's definitely gone in January.

Be astonished if he isn't. Don't think he's a bad guy or anything but he's not the type Rodgers will want in the squad. Could easily move him out for decent money still and get a better player in.

5. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. Still has 4 years of his contract to go, probably on more money than he's likely to get most other places. I can see us wanting him to go but I'm not sure he will be quite as willing to move on.

6. PaddyJamieson

'Looks a wee bit like Haksabanovic to me. Not seen much evidence of pace from the videos I just watched, more technique, long range strikes and free kicks. Would like someone more in the profile of that Levi Garcia, powerful and pacey, adding a bit of height.'

What I said when we were first linked back in August 2023 :fear: I've never been very keen on him tbh. He came in at a time when we were desperate and did well for a couple of months, but he never was nor is the profile of winger we need.

neilly1987 and CookieMonster like this.
  7. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He'll have three and a half years left in his deal in January.

We'll punt him out on loan in the next window with the view of selling him in the summer.

8. constant

I think his days are numbered at Parkhead, he has had his chances, but he strikes me as a sand dancer who lacks pace and consistency, he will never fit into Brendan's plans and style of play.

I wonder if we will renew our interest in Michel-Ange Balikwisha of Antwerp in January ?.

eire4 likes this.
  9. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    The upside is that by all accounts he has suitors , we will probably manage to blag a fair few million for him , which will essentially pay a fair bit towards an Engels type deal for a genuinely quality winger to compete with/rotate Daizen. It's absolutely needed.

martin_d likes this.
  10. Sean Treacy

Would be happy to take a hit on him, just to have him out the door and hasten the arrival of new winger in January.

11. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Just pack his bags and boot him out the door today and count the losses.

Social media whining should be forbidden for a Celtic player. One of the things i hate the most about modern society.

paulo123 and Ryanm1984 like this.
  12. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Bit extreme, he’s 24. Honduran; so a long way from home. The modern world now uses social media and all he’s done is post something about him needing to get better and have “resilience” like he says. He’s not slated the club, the fans or other players so don’t think he deserves any abuse or the boot for it

13. TESLA Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vernon Dursley.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields Of Athenry.
    One thing I will say for him is that Latin Americans are obsessed with social media in general, all the Mexicans, Brasilians, Ecuadorians etc I know post their lives on it so he just seems to be the same.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Maybe, but you can't make someone go on loan that doesn't want to. I can see him refusing to go unless it's to Holland or Belgium, something like that.

15. celtic20

Didn't see the game so not able to comment on his individual performance, but it's pretty clear he isn't making the most of any of the multiple opportunities he's been given to cement a place in Rodgers' team.

I'm not going to start having a go at him for his attitude or anything like that. Literally nothing to suggest he's a negative influence, and on the contrary, he's one of the players who's always buzzing for the team when we score or win a game (even when he's on the bench).

However, his lack of ability is a big issue. He does the same thing over and over, always trying to get onto his right foot. That would be okay if his end product was actually decent, but for the most part it's not. He'll always blaze it way off target or force the keeper into a routine save. What's even more infuriating is that he'll pass up team-mates in better positions when he's in this situation too because he fancies himself so much on his right foot. You always expect so much more from him than you get.

I don't think he has the pace to play in a Rodgers team as one of our main wingers. Falkirk at home in a low-key cup clash was the perfect opportunity for him to get a couple of goals and assists and start to turn the narrative around on him. Instead it feels like it's just pushed him out the door further.

Again though, not going to have a go at his attitude. Just not got the ability to be a regular here.

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    If Oh, Lagerbielke, Haksabanovic, Barkas and Johnston can get decent moves, mostly on loan initially, I'm sure Palma will.

17. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I can tell you from personally having met him he comes across really well in person so for me I was extra disappointed at how poor he was at the weekend because I really wanted him to show he has a future at Celtic. But it is looking increasingly likely that if we get any kind of decent offer for him in January he will be sold. We paid 3.4m for him so if we get anything in the 3-4m range I would say he will be sold. There is no question a good player in there but just doesn't seem suited to the type of team Brendan Rodgers wants to put on the field.

Random Review likes this.
  18. Lewis Kerr

He has good vision, a decent strike and has a great pass in his locker but it isn't enough.

Far too slow, weak, doesn't take on his man enough, misplaces simple passes and just looks so out of sync with the rest of the team.

He'll suit a league like MLS down to the ground. Willing to give him until January to step things up but I don't think he'll make it here.

He's a pure highlights reel/compilation player. An agent's dream in that respect, he looks * hot when you compile his good moments in games. Unfortunately they miss out the 70% of garbage he serves up in between.

19. murphy88

He would do fine in a team where they put cross after cross into the box. Because he does have the ability to get half a yard on his man. He doesn’t have the pace to then pull away though, and he gets shrugged off the ball too easily as well. If he was just being asked to get half a yard and whip one in for a big target man, he’d do well. That’s not our game though. He really isn’t a Rodgers type of player, that’s been evident for a while.

neilly1987 and The_Bhoy like this.
  20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I font think he have the football brain required to become a good player. Might sound harsh but I think he is a hopeless case. Some players just dont improve.

Skickat från min SM-F926B via Tapatalk