1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Reo Hatate

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Notorious, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Reo Hatate in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Incredible for the 4th

2. Rydo1888* Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Justified his start

He was brilliant ... also that assist for daizan's goal was brillaint with those quick feet

3. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
  4. Crilly Hakuhna matata

Quality player. Deserved his start. Nice rest for him the weekend now maybe

5. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    Back to his best tonight, what an assist

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Second half he was superb. No one could meet near him.

If he plays like that consistently, we win the Champions League.

johnboy19 and neilly1987 like this.
  7. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Thought he was pretty quiet first half then came alive in the second.
    Brilliant assist.

8. Sean Treacy

Quality and vision big time.
    Links that left flank really well.

9. ardis1967

when he's on his game he's a class above. The footwork for that 4th goal was unreal. Also when he cruyff turned the ball out of the air. When on it he's outrageous

steg likes this.
  10. PaddyJamieson

Aye, fully justified his start. Fair play to the big man. Second half in particular he was tremendous.

11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    2nd half he was a lot better.

Think it was obvious that Rodgers has asked him to be calmer in possession. His forward passing is great domestically but in Europe we can't afford to be as risky at times. Hence why I thought Bernardo would start.

I thjnk the latter starts away to BVB and Atalanta though.

12. donnegal celt

Did he even go over to celebrate with Engels after he scored pen. Diddnt see him round him

Skelleto likes this.
  13. Merseysidehoops

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over & Over
    He’s a great player, hopefully he has a run of games playing like last night and he will be back to his very best!

14. constant

He had a great game last night, and he was a constant thorn in the side to Slovan, especially in the second half.

But one pet hate of mine, I hate that blue gumshield of his :giggle1:

15. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

When we went 3 up he came to life like flicking a switch, started to play some quality stuff.

Liam Scales likes this.
  16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/football/jfootball/2024/09/19/post_171/

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated.

The 2026 World Cup Asian final qualifying round took place recently. Japan played against China at home on September 5th and against Bahrain away on the 10th, but although I was selected for the Japanese national team, I was not included in the 23-man squad that could play in either match.

I was in good condition from the preseason, and I had scored goals and provided assists since the start of the league with Celtic, so I was confident that I could perform well when I was on the pitch. Also, I was really disappointed and frustrated that I had to watch the game from the outside, since I had traveled a long distance from Glasgow

That's a natural emotion for any player, and I believe that without that disappointment, he wouldn't be able to grow or develop as a player.

"Why me?"

To be honest, that's what I thought when I was told I was no longer a member.

On the other hand, there was also this thought.

It is the coach who decides who will play in a match, and that is also the coach's prerogative. That is something that I, as a player, have no control over.

It is the coach who decides who will play in a match, and that is also the coach's prerogative. That is something that I, as a player, have no control over.

So instead of focusing on the things I can't do anything about, I decided to focus on what I can do now and what I am capable of doing now.

What can I do to become a member of the team this time, since I wasn't selected for the match? Training, diet, sleep, physical condition management... Thinking about it, I realized there is still so much I can do and achieve.

In fact, from the outside, the Japanese national team looked simply strong.

Each player on the pitch had excellent individual skills, and their individual abilities were utilized to the fullest as a team.

So, rather than comparing myself to anyone else, I simply let my imagination run wild, wondering if I were to join that group, whether I would be able to play like this, or whether I would be able to take on a certain position, so that both I and those around me would thrive, and I let that imagination expand.

Since he was not in the squad for either match, some may see his participation in Japan national team activities as a waste of time.

However, I don't feel that this opportunity or experience was a waste at all.

Whether you play in a game or not, it's up to you to decide whether to waste that time or make it useful

Because I was not selected for the match, I had the opportunity to practice with other players. I wanted to exercise to maintain my condition, but I also felt frustrated and thought, "Why do I have to practice with a small number of people when I've come this far?"

However, that simple thought was instantly blown away when I saw Nagatomo Yuto's posture.

Like me, Yuto was not on the team for either game. But that didn't change his attitude towards practice, what he had to do for the team, or what he was trying to do for the team.

Since we practiced together outside the team, I had the chance to talk a lot with Yuto, and I also got to hear about his thoughts on the Japanese national team

Since we practiced together outside the team, I had the chance to talk a lot with Yuto, and I also got to hear about his thoughts on the Japanese national team.

Yuto-san is like a legend, having played for some of Europe's top clubs, including Inter Milan, and also participated in four World Cups and 142 matches for the Japanese national team. The time and conversation I spent with him was a big one for me, and I am truly grateful for it.

On the day of the match against Bahrain, we were both taking care of our physical condition at the same time, so he made time to talk to me.

Even though he understands his position and situation, he doesn't go out of his way to sympathize with him and talk to him. This is probably because he understands his role and how to handle himself.

However, when I approached Yuto, wanting to talk and hear his thoughts, he didn't seem reluctant and told me everything. From Yuto's point of view, I was a young man of 26, but he listened to my thoughts and feelings and gave me advice.

Looking at Yuto's back, I felt his amazing talent and strong will in continuing to do the simple things as if they were a simple thing.

In addition, the presence of coach Makoto Hasebe, who joined the Japanese national team from this activity, was also a great help. During practice outside of the team, I trained under Hase-san (Hasebe) and sometimes kicked the ball with him.

I was honestly happy and encouraged to be able to work with someone who, like Yuto, has fought in Europe for a long time and served as captain of the Japanese national team.

I felt like I learned a lot from Hase and Yuto, as I felt like they reminded me of the important mindset to have as a player.

During the team's training, I had many opportunities to play as a defensive midfielder, and I actively listened to what (Endo) Wataru and (Hidemasa) Morita had to say. I think it was thanks to Yuto and Hase that I was able to approach the game with such an attitude

I felt like I learned a lot from Hase and Yuto, as I felt like they reminded me of the important mindset to have as a player.

During the team's training, I had many opportunities to play as a defensive midfielder, and I actively listened to what (Endo) Wataru and (Hidemasa) Morita had to say. I think it was thanks to Yuto and Hase that I was able to approach the game with such an attitude

How can I use that experience to improve myself? That's why I don't think that my participation in the Japan national team activities was a waste of time. I believe that there were many things I would not have experienced or learned if I hadn't been there, and that it was a positive experience for me.

As I am human, sometimes my frustration shows on my face, but having experienced the AFC Asian Cup 2024 as a member of the Japanese national team, I feel even more determined to continue in the Japanese national team environment, and my desire to be of help to the team, whether I play in a match or not, has only increased.

I want to continue to pursue the goals and assists I've been working on at Celtic, as well as the power I have in front of the goal, so that I can take to the pitch again as a Japan national team player.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Reminds me of reading a Murukami novel. Introspection from Reo.

18. Big C

There in lies the problem from Wednesday. 1st half not effective at all. 2nd half a different story. As they tired he came more into it, he was good but to say he was great or brilliant is too much of an exaggeration, in my opinion.

19. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Such a myth that he wasn't effective first half. He put one in a plate for Kyogo after making a good late run into the box that Kyogo blazed over. Played a few clever one twos and got into the box to lay in Engels for a free shot from 15 yards that he smashed at the keeper ( well saved). He was well involved throughout the first half and was on the ball and getting the ball in behind. I remember thinking he was having a good game at HT.

Wllm likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looking he he'd rather be anywhere else than out there today..

Crilly likes this.