1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

'Honest' mistakes 24/25

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Aug 20, 2023.

Discuss 'Honest' mistakes 24/25 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace

So pretty much confirms the penalty on kyogo should had had greig aitken tell don Robertson to go to monitor and also same greig aitken to advise ref in rangers Ross county game to look at potential red card and foul APP when they scored against ross county

Buster likes this.
  3. BigManSmalls

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson

Collum admits it was a mistake by VAR.

This new YT channel will benefit us much more than the huns.

Jacob knows and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Why is the referee advising Tom Lawrence not to tackle a player ?

5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Willie Collum, SFA head of referees, has admitted that VAR got a big penalty call wrong during Celtic’s first game of the season.

However, he has defended a number of high profile incidents across the opening months of the Scottish Premiership season.

Celtic beat Killie 4-0 on the opening day of the season as the Parched side raised the Championship flag. Collum accepted that Brendan Rodgers’ side ought to have had penalty in the latter stages of the game after Rugby Park goalkeeper Robby McCrorie blocked Kyogo Furuhashi as the Hoops striker looked to connect.

Referee Don Robertson waved play on with McCrorie and Kilmarnock avoiding any sanction as VAR official Craig Napier backed the call

“We believe this is the wrong decision,” said Collum in a new SFA VAR Review show which is expected to run monthly.

“We have coached the referees and the VARs that a penalty should have been awarded here. There are a couple of things I would like to discuss about the clip. Firstly, it is an unexpected free-kick with the way the ball is chipped over the wall and it catches the on-field referee by surprise.

“It is then very difficult for the referee to find an angle around that wall to get a view of the incident, because the referees priority is that if there is a shot there is potential for handball in the wall. So, he has positioned himself correctly to judge that and it then becomes a very difficult decision for him to make on-field.

“The Celtic player clearly gets ahead, wins the ball, touches the ball past the goalkeeper and we then think the goalkeeper’s actions are reckless. So for us, this should have been a penalty kick and an on-field review should have been requested and the referee then asked to make a judgement on the call.”

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Why the * does it matter if the on-field ref finds is difficult to judge, VAR should see that instantly and see penalty. Make himself big, * off. Even if he is "just making himself big", he's late with the challenge and it's a penalty.

I'm glad they are admitting the mistakes, but they should be doing it within days of the match not over a month later.

neilly1987, cas79 and Peej like this.
  7. kenniemk2

Can all slag Collum but he has become head and we now have a review every month now that goes over the decisions and the audio is released in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. kenniemk2

Also the penalty that should have been Don Robertson right away saying g not for me not for me raging about it hun *

9. Mr. Slippyfist

Fair play at least Collum is on camera admitting it.

Totally understand about the viewpoint in terms of quick free kick, but that's what VAR is for.

Whatever * * was on behind the mic saying "he's made himself big and not moved" should be the * on camera being shown the difference between someone standing still and someone moving.

And then forced to draw his viewpoint with a crayon....

10. kenniemk2

I felt the var guy was happy to go along with that dob Robertson

11. kenniemk2

Greg aitken was on var

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye mate, an absolute tadger whoever it was.

13. kenniemk2

The dessers goal against saint Johnstone Greg aitken on var didn’t even pull a replay and was asking ref to go to monitor he was never giving the fouls even if their was one that’s twice in a month he’s been at it on var

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just using it to justify their own decisions, marking their own homework. Yet at the same time refusing to mark the offside calls with the arms.
    Of which two have went against us and one in favour of the Huns

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

neilly1987 and Westlondonscot like this.
  15. kenniemk2

Collum has said on the programme we have had a wrong decision go against us and rangers should have been given a foul against them that was never given …. Greg aitken on var in both decision also Greg aitken on var for the dodgy decision against st Johnstone be keeping tabs on this

16. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Exactly there shouldn't be any mistakes using var they see what we see but don't give what everyone knows is a clear foul, I'm not buying there excuses, it's a cover up

Sent from my 21121210G using Tapatalk

17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Collum on SSB, came across well tbh, it's good there's a bit of transparency..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    The barron handball for me is stupidly not given, and they are just trying to justify it. He makes himself bigger, the ball isn't going to hit his body it's going past him as he's pulling his body out the way. But if they want to play it that way then they better be consistent, and I'm pretty confident they won't be. That was Dallas Jr on VAR for that with Walsh as ref.

Peej likes this.
  19. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Is it really true that Collum is in charge now? Wow! Mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, he's one of the few I trust not to be biased, which is important; on the other hand, he's a genuinely terrible referee. Like even by Scottish standards, he's terrible.

Can't we bring in someone from outside?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
  20. kenniemk2

He brought in a outsider to be var manager brought in var review programme every month that now has var audio …. This why his predecessor done the boot be harder to cheat