1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odin Thiago Holm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jun 22, 2023.

Discuss Odin Thiago Holm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    May help him.
    One of the many good reasons behind the deadwood being chopped so much, it means the game time for the player who is 5th choice, Holm, will be far greater than it has been the last year of two.

Either he makes that impact this season, of he will show he can't and be moved on.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

NakamuraTastic and Sean Treacy like this.
  2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I don't know if the individual associations are allowed to have some flexibility in how the rules apply to U21s. After a quick check it looks like the EPL actually has more stringent loan rules than we do for domestic loans, for example, so I'm not really sure how it works for Chelsea or other EPL teams with U21s as I don't really have any interest in the game down there.

3. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    The impression I got was that BR was fuming when he was sent off in the Champions League, he didn't feature much after. There may have been an attitude thing in the beginning but it seems fine now. Yeah a loan would have been good, it's what we should agree with all of our young players, we'll sign you but you'll be off on loan straightaway to get regular game time in the league.

neilly1987 likes this.
  4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Left out the UCL squad is interesting.

Watched the below video back of him. He evidently has talent, just wonder what is going wrong. He's obviously not at the level of those ahead of him yet but I really thought he'd have featured more last season. Rodgers must not be seeing something. So far anyway.

Personally would like to see him used in the cups and games after the European ties, if he isn't gonna be in the squad.

5. Ryanm1984

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Rodgers has spoken recently about his attitude and work rate being an issue. It's not something he will tolerate from a young player. Was fairly involved preseason and came off the bench 1st couple of games of the season so had hoped he had took his words on board, but not in squad at weekend and not in champions league squad isn't a good sign.

6. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

It’s almost as if we should have loaned him out.

Just a waste of his own time and development at this point.

neilly1987 likes this.
  7. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Think the smarter move on deadline day would’ve been to loan him out and keep Iwata. That’s on the assumption that Iwata could have been persuaded to stay, though.

8. Foley1888

I get the impression the Iwata one was he wanted to go play games given he is in his prime years and we didn’t want to stand in his way.

Holm would be as well going out to one of the leagues who still have their window open. I think Austria; Switzerland and Belgium as well as Serbia, Croatia and Turkey are all still open.

neilly1987 likes this.
  9. 10/4 Kemosabe Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/ Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Odin has been in and around the squad and hasn't looked as though he is improving. With McCowan and Engles coming in it's going to be even harder for him. Clearly hasn't overly impressed Rodgers either. Similar with Iwata, I don't think we will miss either. Looks like another failed project.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Not loaning him out last year was bad enough. To fail to do it again this season is * baffling.

Wasting our time.

neilly1987 likes this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We need shot of him in January. If he was good enough he'd be getting chances and would have gotten more last season when we had injuries. I'd actually be surprised if we see him play again.

12. themouth1888

Baffling why he wasn't loaned out. Appears to be poor player management unless we have plans in place for him to improve by training alone.

13. kenniemk2

If we are planning on being serious in Europe and going after treble then he will get game time

Remember Europe is guaranteed an extra two games more than normal from now on

Trying to see the bright side because I do t want him being a another waste of money plus it’s not fair on the bhoys career

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin_d, JC Anton and neilly1987 like this.
  14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I think this too about the sending off. Between that and his insta post after we beat Aberdeen. Also noticed one game he played last season he had passing options and tried to dribble between two players, lost the ball and was hooked soon after, think Brendan called for a sub basically as soon as it happened.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Had we reached our quota of loans permitted?

If not, I thought he could have went to Dundee a move that would have worked for everyone, give how late the McCowan transfer happened..

martin_d likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye we need to sort his situation out by end of the winter window now.

Absolutely all credit to the club for clearing so much deadwood, just the last couple left to sort through though.

I find it hard using the term deadwood on guys like Holm and Welsh, as I don't think it fits in the same regards as McCarthy would be deemed deadwood.

But I believe, of the folk at the club come close of the window it was only Holm, Welsh, Montgomery and Shaw that would fall in to that sort of category.
    Shaw seems to have been released and Holm left out the UCL squad, I imagine more that we needed the Scottish quota, hence the other two remaining.

Ideally, we look at the 6 out on loan currently and see who can be punted at the quickest opportunity that is deadwood, Kwon, Tilio, lager and Bernie - then we can utilise the loan system again for Holm to benefit. Because I think, like others, these is a player in there.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

17. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I’m sure the English lower leagues have a loan window til like November or something. Wouldn’t mind him at a Champ team, but it could leave us short if we pick up injuries, even with Turley involved.

18. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Looks cracking in that video

19. JamesM09

Sometimes I wonder if it’s an attitude thing.

And I don’t even mean a bad attitude, maybe just too quiet or lacking that wee extra spark of confidence.

I don’t know.

apevrak likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's deffo a player. Rodgers said about him and Lawal pre season thst he wanted more. Must no be or struggling to do what's being asked of him..

Second season and there's no real plan for him. Shame as I think there's plenty to work with..