1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Lewis Kerr, Jun 19, 2023.

Discuss Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He has those * in his pocket.

Blochairnbhoy, Wllm, Artorias and 2 others like this.
  2. saltire78

Think that means Rodgers has seen more managers in his time than they've seen points in matches... :56:

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
  4. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Going to have a selection headaches.

The amount of games though and with injuries that will no doubt appear we will need to rotate.

Next 3 all at home. Hearts, Slovan B, Falkirk.

Want to keep momentum so wouldn’t make many changes for Hearts and Bratislava. Hopefully get Hearts put away by 60 and can take off Kyogo, Hatate, Kuhn, Maeda save them for the CL. Then Falkirk game Engels, McCowan, Valle, Trusty, Idah, Ralston, Palma, Forrest can’t all get a start.

Games are coming thick and fast after this break.

NakamuraTastic and Morcombe like this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It would be harsh , but with CL in mind he probably needs to bring in Trusty, Valle and I'm torn on Bernardo as he was excellent yesterday.. however he did nearly cost at the start of the 2nd, when caught in possession that led to the Dessers chance..

Engels probably comes in v Hearts..

6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's got us playing really nice football just now. Can't wait to see how we are when the new signings are integrated into the squad.

7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Makes you wonder what the actual * happened last season, we were woeful until about March and then we were half decent mostly from March on.

This season we're playing as well as we are capable of really, creative, scoring, playing with pace to our play, all over teams and a lot of players in good form. Nothing like last season at all which looked lethargic, struggling for ideas on how to break teams down, nobody playing that well and unconvincing.

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I think there was a bit of Ange hangover last season. I also dont think hes used to taken over teams that had been flying under the previous manager.

The 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle seemed to bring everyone together and spur the team on.

9. murphy88

We were having to play Yang, Mikey Johnston, Welsh, Turnbull, Palma. All were getting regular game time through injuries to key players. That was the biggest problem. Our starting elevens were hoaching. Then when you add in the likes of Taylor and Scales on top of these guys, it just gets even worse. Lagerbielke and Nawrocki got some game time as well. Our options from the bench for the first half of last season were absolutely awful.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's really really got that swagger back..

We look class at the minute..

Shaky start from the players yesterday initially but cruised it after and pummelled them..

Looking forward to seeing this side developing and progressing throughout the season as we'll only improve with the depth we now have..

11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This imo was the biggest issue among many. It's not an easy thing to just transition straight away to a new manager, then you add in the awkwardness that was there with Rodgers coming back. It was weird as * for ages.

12. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm really enjoying Rodgers this time around, he's showing his class as a manager, i think it was really important for him to win back supporters, the fitbaw is really enjoyable to watch.

The next step is improvement in Europe, exciting times ahead.

13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    How long was it before we even really played our starting xi? Hatate was injured twice at the start of the season and missed most of it, CCV injured 2 games in, AJ missed the start of the season. We had injuries throughout the season mixed with cack signings.

It was a tedious watch, even when we were winning most games at the start of the season.

14. jamiebhoy67

Even that shaky start I'm starting to think it was tactical to let them have the ball and defend while waiting to see the gaps because once we seen the gap in the press we sprung a counter which turned into a goal especially after clement saying they will attack us from the off reckon they knew the huns would come out at full tilt masterclass from the brodge

NakamuraTastic and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. murphy88

I think it was around March time we got our strongest eleven on the park. Maeda missed a lot of games as well. It was mental.

16. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Hatate playing seems to be the key, although he never really got fit last season and never actually played that well when playing either the performances and results were better.

But seems whenever he plays under Rodgers we do well. Made me think there that Hatate started playing again about March and then I looked it up.

Under Rodgers Hatate has played 23 domestic games and we've won 22, the only one we never won was the 3-3 at the huns where they equalised at the death.

Even the 3 European games Hatate played the first was Feyenoord where we went down to 9 men but the Lazio and Atletico home games were good performances we should have won.

17. Slaw

We were missing CCV, Hatate and Maeda. That’s what happened :giggle1:

Morcombe likes this.
  18. Bad Ambassador

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I noticed how many times Reo could turn his opponent on Sunday, which completely opened them up. I respect Rodgers methods, I think behind the scenes we are doing a lot of good work to keep everyone in a positive mentality.
    That's where we should focus our anticipation. I think we have a massive opportunity for fun in Europe this year and a team that looks competitive and Dynamic. Ronny Deila would be proud of how far we have come in that respect. Can't wait, whether we do well or less then we hoped for, we will no doubt compete and Celtic park will be bouncing. The trajectory is good and its all positive from here.

19. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
  20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    2 or 3 bits of quality again in January too will give us another lift after a rough few months of games.

If we added another quality winger/creator up top we'd be laughing. Be interesting to see if he adds anything more to the midfield.