1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daizen Maeda

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Dec 31, 2021.

Discuss Daizen Maeda in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bad Ambassador

Fav Celtic Player:
    Landry
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    When I first saw Kyogo play for us and score a hatrick I instantly knew we had a player on our hands. I spotted his off the ball movement and how he was ripping defenders a new *. Little did I know that Kyogo is ten times more dangerous then I could have even hoped for.
    I watched Henke as a child, his professionalism made him consistent and his intelligence was something magic, but I honestly think that Kyogo and Maeda are the most dangerous players I’ve seen play for us in my life. I’ll push the boat out and say this team beats MONS hands down, and before I get roasted I’ll give my reasoning. This team is faster and more dynamic, back then we had scalps from big teams but we couldn’t go and attack them like we can now, we had a defensive mentality playing 3 5 2, I believe we relied on experience. Now our setup is completely different and it’s a joy to watch. So yea Reo, Kyogo and Daizen deserve to be remembered for a long time especially if they give us a few years. Soz for the longpost btw

2. Sean Treacy

Is it possible to coach him to cross ball?

3. Sean Treacy

Its like we have an extra player on the park when he plays.
    I just cannot understand why the huns persist with that deadbeat at RB, knowing full well that he is going to get raped every single time, I guess being a hall of famer carries clout with that mob.

saltire78 likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Nothing but love for the big man..

5. saltire78

He's a force of nature... Just let him go! Even when he's not doing what you want him to, he's ALWAYS doing SOMETHING to disrupt the opposition.

6. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I said last night that this has the potential to be the best Celtic team I've ever seen in modern times. Each team we had, in the past, there were individuals who were capable of brilliance but this team seems different. BR is building something special here and when it all clicks we are going to see it. A team of hungry, fast moving and intelligent players. It might not be the best team in the world but it will sure give anyone a run for their money.

7. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I don't think so :56:He's just pure raw talent and has been said we should just let him go on and run riot :56:

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Never change the Japanese machine.. he is what he is, a force of nature

9. PaddyJamieson

My favourite player of the last 20 odd years.

10. Fox#4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Top of the league
    I listened to that cjnovo on my way to work today just for a laugh. He said words to the effect of, he’d never seen such a one sided matchup in a Glasgow Derby. If tav keeps it up he’ll end up in our hall of fame as well because Daizen cooks him every time. It gave me the laugh I was looking for

11. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    Sugoi! And happy birthday mini Daizen!

12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Absolutely brilliant quote
    :rofl:

Sean Treacy and Fox#4 like this.
  13. Fox#4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Top of the league
    I laughed so hard I nearly ran up the back of someone at the lights lol

Jeannie960 likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

i think all the japanese lads have have raised the bar in terms of work ethic .beforehand mcgregor stood out with his tireless running and fittness but when they came in we instantly had 4 players in the team making that running power look effortless .every player in the team has to match that now before you begin to think about technique or anything else

15. saltire78

Awww, thanks Jeannie... I'll get the bet on for Rodgers to leave and replace Ange by Christmas then, will I... Ya jinx! :101:

I think that you're right though, it's like we're starting to see the embryo of something develop here. Was thinking this morning that probably excluding the players around retirement ages (Schmeichel, Forrest) we don't have a single player in the 1st team or periphery that I'd accept less than about £3-4M for... And we're stacked with players around the double figure category. With a manager who's a top coach, and seems to be in the process of fine tuning them... If it keeps on this trajectory it's got potential to be really special!

16. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    He’s that fast he could get a blood test tomorrow and be back today with the results.

Seriously though, he’s the most underrated footballer in the world, he’s our best kept secret from down south. If you were a mid to lower EPL team you would be nuts not to want him. I haven’t heard once of murmuring’s for him to leave, he’s a Celtic legend.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024
  17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    No this time we're bolting the doors and keeping BR against his will if need be. He's going no place without a riot :56:He will have found his place in history and nothing he will ever do beyond that can ever top it :36:

18. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I genuinely don't think that either he or Kyogo want to move on. They both seem to be family orientated and this is what this club is all about. Success and a complete sense of belonging ....they wont get both elsewhere. Our club is indeed a special place and nearly everyone who passes through leaves with some reluctance. I think if either of them are getting forced out we should all riot :56:I'm in a real riotous frame of mind this morning so nae upsetting me :56:

19. Twisty Champions Again !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He just makes you happy

Rydo1888* and NakamuraTastic like this.
  20. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Im saying it.... Celtic Legend.

He will be a genuine Celtic legend if he stay a season or two longer. He is that good.

First name on the team sheet. And as big sutton say, THE BEST pressing winger in world football is playing for Celtic FC.

My fav ever Celt after Henrik is what he is about to be for me.

Just give him what he wants to keep him. He is the engine in this luxury car.

A full blown, white bathrobe, cain using, cigarrsmoking PIMP legend

Last edited: Sep 2, 2024