1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I took that comment as he wanted another midfielder in even if O'Rielly stayed.
    If he left, we needed a second to replace him.

As in, we need that level of quality - the main trio, Bernardo and another.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

2. henriks tongue

big Peter will be having palpitations paying over the odds for all of these last minute signings.

That's what happens when you leave it so late and everyone knows your absolutely loaded:39:

Will he pull the plug or suck it up?
    Tick tock :BR1:

3. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I’m finding the left back situation a bit confusing.

Are we waiting on Tierney for free? Bernabei showing signs of promise? Or is Valle our long term plan?

4. DonnyCelt

Bogusz deal off. Probably won't have a plan B, sorry it'll be McGowan from Dundee.

5. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    42 minutes later the hope is gone.

Blochairnbhoy and DonnyCelt like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We'll deffo sign someone instead of Bogusz..

We were going in with decent fee's, we'll be doing that elsewhere now..

Random Review likes this.
  7. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'm at the point where, with so little left in the window, I feel like there's no real point in complaining.

If things go * up, it'll go nuclear on Friday night either way.

Wait and see, wouldn't shock me if another name that's not been linked pops up instead of Bogusz.

8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

McCowan better not be the backup to Bogusz.

Sanches looks more interesting, but would still want better.

9. DonnyCelt

Hope so. Time isn't on our side though, especially as we drag the * out of potential deals as well.

Bangarangura likes this.
  10. henriks tongue

Chiesa to Liverpool for £10M, what a feckin bargain that is.
    Shows you what's possible within our transfer price range even if Chiesa himself is several steps above us on wages, * poor league etc

11. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    We will sign Engles and McGowan and that will be it totally horsed 8 games in europe another season same *

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  12. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    We're the Engels deal collapsing away from a disaster window.

Hammy89 likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    And the manager walking imo

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Keep the faith. They'll happen..

Random Review and DonnyCelt like this.
  15. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly feels like this is the 10th time you've posted this today.

Rodgers doesn't walk no matter what, and nobody should want him to be walking even if the window ends abysmally.

Dannybhoy81, stew37 and HoopyT like this.
  16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic are no longer in pursuit of Mateusz Bogusz, Football Scotland understands.

The LAFC attacking midfielder emerged as a transfer target for the Scottish champions last week as they looked to replace Matt O'Riley who joined Brighton for a record transfer fee earlier this week. Bogusz was named as an option.

But Football Scotland understands Arne Engels is the £10million priority and there are other names in the frame with Bogusz now no longer being targeted. We told how Bogusz was on a list of options for Celts who were always looking to spend the bulk of O'Riley cash to bring in new midfielders

Paulo Bernardo arrived on a permanent deal following his loan stint last year but even still, manager Brendan Rodgers made it clear that he would ideally like two midfielders to come in who could act as attacking players and Engels has been identified as the top priority

Luke McCowan has also been named as a possible candidate from Dundee but Hibs are on the chase for the 26-year-old.

17. BigDoggyWoofWoof

I've had my head in work last couple of days, what's happened with the Bogusz deal?

18. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic have reportedly turfed out a £10million bid from a club in France for Reo Hatate and told the star midfielder he is not for sale.

The Premiership champions have no interest in letting the Japan international leave and the Daily Mail state a club in Ligue 1 were given it straight just like Zenit were amid interest from Leicester City. Hatate will remain at Parkhead. Meanwhile, Celtic have launched a club record-breaking £10m bid for Arne Engels and are ready to up the ante to £6m in their move for Auston Trusty. The Hoops have gone big for Augsburg midfielder Engels.

The deal would eclipse the £9m they paid for Odsonne Edouard, although that could be dwarfed by Adam Idah’s recent move, if a number of add-ons are triggered. Celtic have already had two offers turned down for Engels but are looking to get a deal done for the Belgian under-21 international before Friday's deadline. Augsburg boss Jess Thorup admitted Engels’ situation could change before Friday, although he hoped he would remain at Augsburg. Thorup said: “I heard about the rumours. “I don’t know what will happen in the last couple of days.”

Personal terms have already been agreed with the 20-year-old, who is known to be keen to make the move to Scotland and to play in the Champions League. Brendan Rodgers had identified Engels as the man he wanted to replace Matt O’Riley, who joined Brighton for £25m earlier this week.

Celtic have also made a new offer for Sheffield United’s defender Trusty. Record Sport broke the story of their £5m bid on Monday. Celtic improved their offer by £500,000 and it was also turned down. Talks are still on-going with a deal close to the £6m mark likely to get an agreement. Celtic would need to get a quick deal done because there would be work permit issues.

They would need to re-apply for a visa for the US international. That shouldn’t be an issue but timing could be ahead of the deadline. LAFC midfielder Mateusz Bogusz remains on the radar but Celtic will need to up their initial offer. It remains if a deal can be agreed with Major League Soccer to land the former Leeds United player over the next 48 hours.

Dundee midfielder Luke McCowan could also come into the equation if other Celtic deals don’t come to fruition. Lyon’s Mahamado Diawara is another midfielder who has been linked. Celtic are also keen to land another winger and another striker, with Mikey Johnston the subject of bids from Sheffield United and Burnley. Celtic did get some business finalised with the signing of Alex Valle on a season-long loan from Barcelona.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

And how much wages do you think Chiesa will be on for *'s sake!

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

We’ll get Engels in, I have no doubt about that, but the issue is we’re now going to pay over the odds for him because his club are well aware of the panic we’re now in because of how unorganised and clunky our recruitment structure is. Not to mention the fact Augsburg know our current bid is a third of the fee we’ve just received for the player he’ll be replacing.

It is a genuine fact that we can only do a single deal at a time. When our focus is on more than one we can’t get results. That means the process is dysfunctional, we don’t have enough personnel dealing with it and there’s too much micro management from above be it Nicholson, Desmond or dare I say it Lawwell.

This is the point of the window folk can say I told you so as the proof is in the pudding.