1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic Transfers 2024

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Oct 30, 2023.

Discuss Celtic Transfers 2024 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Hard to get business done...:31:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  2. Foley1888

It is hard to tell how much money we have in the bank and being honest it is really a picture of that particular moment in time.

A good example was between the 30th of June 2023 and interims at the 31st of December 2023 our cash went down by £5m-ish but when you looked at the balance sheet and our trade and other receivables (what others owe us) vs trade and other payables (what we owe others) the balance in December was £5m more we were due, where as the accounts at June there was a £2m negative balance so we owed more to others than we were due, so there was a £7m swing in our favour during the 6 month period.

In the accounts that come out I have said before using a quick and easy model based on previous years interim to year end performances in terms of our revenue categories (football and stadium operations, Merchandising and Multimedia and other commercial activities) and forecasting out I expect our operating revenue to be at record levels for the June 2024, but our total income not to be higher than 2023 as we will not have made as much in player sales (big Abada sale but not Jota level sale in the accounts) and also in the June 23 accounts we got a COVID insurance payment of £10m and £3.5m for Ange which meant our total income for the 22/23 season had the Operating part of £119m (which I expect will be over £125m to June 24) but total revenue/income was £147m due to the profit on disposal of players and other income from insurance and Ange, which I don’t think will be beat in the June 24 accounts it will likely be something in the £130m’s. But is more based on our performance rather than external events like insurance payouts or manager compensation.

The other unknown is how the Barrowfield project will be accounted for, how will that show given its a reasonable capital investment? On the balance sheet it will raise the property and plant value that we have you would think but paying for it I am not sure how those terms will look and how much that may impact on the cash at bank. Don’t get me wrong there will be more than enough there to be buying players.

As was discussed in this thread earlier when the O’Riley sale goes through we will have brought in a guaranteed £44.5m with add ons rising to just under £54m. We have spent £15.8m potentially rising to £16.8m with add ons. So there is a player trading profit of £28.7m which could rise to £37.2m, with the caveat we will have owed other clubs sell ons and the likes.

We are still likely to bring in more income and hopefully spend more before the end of next week but essentially given the clear out we have had since January with limited additions our wage bill will have come down so far too as we stand just now.

From a financial point of view there is no reason not to be spending another £20m+ over the next week and realistically closer to £30m.

3. themouth1888

Are we allowed to panic yet? With MOR away we are worse than last season and basically need a player in each day now.

Tell you what tho if pr when we are being dry humped in the CL I don't want to hear any moaning from anyone who even slightly went about justifying this mess. A section of our fan base are as at much fault as the board.

4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Yes , panic away .

5. Sentinel

Not sure if McGregor is taking the * about it being difficult in the Transfer window there, but something scarily Head Boyish about the way he parroted that out. If there is anyone in this forum with faith that the Board are acting in the best interests of this football team - not the club (finances), then you are on the deludamol and copium.

2 hours until we see how much of an impact O'Riley leaving will have on this team. I think Bernardo is a very decent backup - he is not an O'Riley replacement, but you knew from the start that the board will trot it out that he is and that we should be oh so grateful for their magnificence.

6. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm now more confident that Engels and Bogusz will sign.

Think there's a CB in the pipeline and LB too. That's my prediction. I think we need more but it can wait now. Sadly.

7. jambo_cfc

Doesn’t fill me with confidence when Rodger’s saying we hope to improve the squad, we want to improve the starting eleven , got a feel it’s going to be disapppointnent

8. themouth1888

Pretty much where I'm at now. Anything less should be * riots lol

Mr Shelby and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. FrankMcCallum

Some fans forget we earn weekly revenue as well as the money we receive for transfer fees.

Mystic Penguin and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It's not a huge 5 days now it's MASSIVE in the context of the season.

2 centre mids
    1 left back
    1 winger
    1 LCB

At a * minimum of quality bremdam saying we have options that will be close to be done this week. Obviously brendan ffs

DonnyCelt likes this.
  11. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan just now

Well hopefully, fingers crossed get players in this week’

Rydo1888* likes this.
  12. DonnyCelt

Get this right this week, and we will bury the huns for seasons to come, not just this season.

13. Sween

Rodgers just asked post match if he would realistically get to spend the 25m made from OReily. He just laughed and said "you've covered Celtic for a long time...what do you think"

Did say we will get a couple in at least

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Where was that on? Radio?

15. Sgt Neppers*

Been a great start to the season. Everyone has played their part. It's on the suits now. Big week for Nicholson. Let's see if he's worth his wage.

Massive week for the club. Zero faith in anything worthwhile happening in Janaury. So it's now. Make it happen.

4 NEEDED (minimum).

16. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Pretty sure he said something about options being "close".

Think it'll be more than a couple. It needs to be, can't recall him saying that?

DonnyCelt likes this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    We don't need to bank anything from matts sale he should 100% be given every penny this week to spend.

18. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Supposedly said "“Come next Friday, we will have improved the squad.”

19. DonnyCelt

He did, then I thought he tried to maybe play it down a little lol, but we all heard him. Hopefully and exciting week.

Mr Shelby likes this.
  20. stevoEOS

* shitshow! Absolutely no reason why he shouldn’t be getting the full whack given we were already rolling it before the sale. Soul destroying stuff.

Sween and Blochairnbhoy like this.